Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Exhaust scares small children

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I went out to eat with the wifey Christmas Eve night and upon leaving made a toddler and small girl cry.

I like to back my car in, easier since the front is so low. This restaurant is ALWAYS packed so people usually wait outside before being called in. There was two large heat lamps outside to keep folks warm. Well, this Hmong family of at least 8 people with 2 small kids was chatting up a storm and standing literally 5 feet from my exhaust.

When we got into the car, my good considerate boy hat went on and I waved and (kinda) yelled at the family to cover their kids ears. They all looked at me, laughed, and "pretended" to cover their kids ears.

Well f***faces I warned you! Started up the car (mid muff delete btw), each one of them jumped and looked like the holy spirit slapped them right across the face. The poor kids started crying their eyes out and covering their ears.

I felt bad, kinda, I mean I did warn them. Anything like this happen to you guys?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Maybe now they will listen when they get a courtesy warning...

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I always yell “clear prop”.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I was doing a deposition one eve with a couple of attorneys. Conversation after turned to the HC. One of them was pretty cool and wanted to hear it. Other had been a PITA during the deposition, but came along. Started her up, pretty loud. Hit the throttle good and PITA guy about jumped the curb. I giggled all the way home!

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
You lost me as my parking anxiety kicked in...busy...restaurant parking...Hellcat...LOL. You did the most considerate gesture possible. Not responsible for the parents negligence IMHO. You are aware enough to warn which says a lot. Most people could care less about anyone but themselves. Carry on with cold starts.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
You lost me as my parking anxiety kicked in...busy...restaurant parking...Hellcat...LOL. You did the most considerate gesture possible. Not responsible for the parents negligence IMHO. You are aware enough to warn which says a lot. Most people could care less about anyone but themselves. Carry on with cold starts.
Lol, I was getting the same mental image and door ding anxiety. Too funny!

OP
Phizzle

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Lol, normally I would NEVER park near the entrance to any place, let alone a restaurant. This time, it was freezing outside, wifey had a nice short dress on with heels, we were late for our reservation, and I just didn't want to deal with walking a long distance.

Best believe I walked around the cat 4 times before I even got in to check for marks LOL

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Lol, I was getting the same mental image and door ding anxiety. Too funny!
same lol

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I park so far from civilization would never happen to me. If someone is that close to my car unfortunately it's to break in or steal it. Great story and I wouldn't feel bad. They were politely warned.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I park so far from civilization would never happen to me. If someone is that close to my car unfortunately it's to break in or steal it. Great story and I wouldn't feel bad. They were politely warned.
Can never be sure...you know the basic story...this example, 20191222_154344.jpg weekend before Christmas, parked as far away as possible, alone. Come back to this...

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Can never be sure...you know the basic story...this example, View attachment 9317 weekend before Christmas, parked as far away as possible, alone. Come back to this...
See the one car parked on the street... that is me. :) Those white lines on the ground means no parking for me. It drives my wife nuts...

OP
Phizzle

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
Can never be sure...you know the basic story...this example, View attachment 9317 weekend before Christmas, parked as far away as possible, alone. Come back to this...
Dude...what an ass

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I always yell “clear prop”.
Helicopter fire watch at start up was just "CLEAR"!!

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
See the one car parked on the street... that is me. :) Those white lines on the ground means no parking for me. It drives my wife nuts...
Yes, i too normally park on the street. That day, all those empty spaces baited me...my bad!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I went out to eat with the wifey Christmas Eve night and upon leaving made a toddler and small girl cry.

I like to back my car in, easier since the front is so low. This restaurant is ALWAYS packed so people usually wait outside before being called in. There was two large heat lamps outside to keep folks warm. Well, this Hmong family of at least 8 people with 2 small kids was chatting up a storm and standing literally 5 feet from my exhaust.

When we got into the car, my good considerate boy hat went on and I waved and (kinda) yelled at the family to cover their kids ears. They all looked at me, laughed, and "pretended" to cover their kids ears.

Well f***faces I warned you! Started up the car (mid muff delete btw), each one of them jumped and looked like the holy spirit slapped them right across the face. The poor kids started crying their eyes out and covering their ears.

I felt bad, kinda, I mean I did warn them. Anything like this happen to you guys?
Ok.....the title got me. Then I read your first sentence and was hooked. I'll admit it...I laughed all the way through. Your words and the mental images I was conjuring up were just adding to the comedic element. I was eagerly waiting for the punchline...and it did not disappoint. When a story includes words like "f***faces", the demonic side of me gets all giddy. Thank you for the laugh :)

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Lol, normally I would NEVER park near the entrance to any place, let alone a restaurant. This time, it was freezing outside, wifey had a nice short dress on with heels, we were late for our reservation, and I just didn't want to deal with walking a long distance.

Best believe I walked around the cat 4 times before I even got in to check for marks LOL
The thing is, if you found a ding after walking around it 4x, it’s too late to avoid it. I would let my wife out by the door to get in line and park in the back. Better yet, we just take her car!:)

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I guess that car assumed it was safe to park next to you! At least those are decent parking spaces with more room than just a single white line between cars.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
This summer the kids play in the street so I would cruise slowly of course because of the kids but one time I put in neutral and right as I got in the middle of them I revved it and scared the hell out of them ( priceless moment) 😂😂😂

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I would’ve moved that buggy away from the car myself