Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

F.A.S.T. was fast

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Had the fall FAST race at 131 Friday. Unlike the spring 2 day event this one is only one day. Start time is suppose to be around 10 but with the cold temps they didn't start to almost 11:30. We would have had -300 da but by 11:30 we were close to 0. I had disconnected my battery to install the BAP a couple of weeks ago so I wanted to program my burnbox back on the buttons and it wasn't working. I found the ground wire had fallen off being it has a spade end when I was attaching the ground for the BAP. Good catch before going to line with no line lock. The battery disconnect would catch me again though

Jon and I lined up for the 1st pass. Something was telling me after the burnout I was forgetting something. Car came out hard 1.35 60 ft but didn't shift to 2nd so fell on it's face as Jon flew down the track to a new best 8.88@155!. The tune is set up when in trans track it leaves in 2nd. Well with the battery disconnected my custom setting in SRT was lost so trans was in street and I didn't check the dash to see it was in 2nd gear. Fixed the setting and went back up and ran 9.32@151 1.40 60 ft. DA was 0. Jon added some more timing on the next pass and went 9.30 @151 1.42 60 ft DA 360. We had a mix of e85 and e85r which is about 95% but was still showing knock. This has been an issue all year and we believe it is false knock so Jon adjusted the knock sensors again

Since the 1st pass leaving in 1st gear the car felt slow leaving in 2nd so Jon said why don't we try another 1st gear launch. We also had an issue we saw 2 weeks ago leaving in 2nd, it gets up to around 3900 rpm and will drop 200 rpm then accelerate again. It has done this every time in 2nd gear so another reason we wanted to leave in 1st to see if it was still there. DA now 525 but I guess the car didn't know that. It hooks in 1st gear 1.33 60 ft and the front lifts a lot and came down different and I think to my self it pulled the wheels off the ground, and it did, both! I knew it was much faster on the bottom and ran 9.12@149. The right lane was showing higher 1/4 mph and the left was higher in the 1/8th. My 1st two passes at 151 were right and the 3rd was left. I always like to run both lanes because of this. 1st gear launch it didn't fall off at 3900 so Jon wanted me to run again with a 2nd gear launch to track some other stuff. Running left lane again pulled a 1.39 60 ft and forth gear hit the rev limit throttle fell for a brief second then took back off. Thought it would be a bad pass but was 9.29@147 DA was 700. I was .04 faster at the 1/8th then my 9.30 pass so if it was a clean pass 9.25. Another guy running a Hellcat right after me went 9.36 and also had something weird in 4th gear where the rpm went up so may have been something in the lane

For our class they pair up cars running close to the same time for a best 2 out of 3. Jon and I didn't go to the drivers meeting being we decided not run anymore but we were the 2 fastest there so it would have been us racing each other. Since they started late eliminations where 2 hours behind and were starting at 4pm. I had made my last pass at 3:30 when the drivers meeting was going to start

This was the last time Jon and I will be running this year. Doesn't look like we will have better DA today or next week and Jon's e85r drum is empty.

It wasn't a perfect day but we ended the season with new bests and had a good time. Race weight was 4690 and if I had the same 400 lbs less to move as Jon did we would have seen an 8 out of my car also

Congrats to Jon on having the fastest pulley only Redeye in the country!

20221028_134313.jpg 20221028_102632.jpg

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You guys are definitely way fast!

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
It was a great day. Jim’s car is shifting low being stock engine 6300 to 6350. He blew past the shift point and hit the rev limiter. Like he said the next guy did it as well. I will say cars on street tires kept dragging water up. I mean like a lake worth of water. The next car you could see the 3 to 4 shift the car kicked out. But I’ll make a slight trans adjustment and see if it helps.
the blue challenger you see in the background there is a guy local to us. When I met him this spring he was running low 11s with the scat pack. He wasn’t happy with the times he was running. So he came out to my house the next week and we did some street tuning.
well a few weeks ago I met him at a different track and we did some more tuning it went 10.2 in 1200da. He was happy. 2 weeks ago it went 10.3 and yesterday we put more boost to it and well it said screw you im don’t shifting. So I put him in touch with @hellno and he is looking for that 9 second slip next year. We had talked about the trans not living a long time and he said now is the time to for it to let go as winter is coming.
i only made 3 passes all day the first a personal best of 8.88. Yes that was my goal. The second I blew the tires off and the third 8.90 so I decided to stop on a good note for the year.
These passes sure got some attention at the track. I’m surprised no one said anything about the speeds. But the guy who handed me my ticket said congrats. So he wasn’t to worried about it.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
9C8E7B47-EC71-4076-AEA3-D046B294A8C3.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thanks for the detail Jim. Glad you guys got out and had a good end of the season. Both cars running really well. Was there a track photog you can hit up to get a pic of your tires in the air? That'd be one to hang on the wall.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Wow, you guys were booking! Absolutely amazing the times you’re getting out of 4K lbs. Congrats! Have some victory beverages on me.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Had the fall FAST race at 131 Friday. Unlike the spring 2 day event this one is only one day. Start time is suppose to be around 10 but with the cold temps they didn't start to almost 11:30. We would have had -300 da but by 11:30 we were close to 0. I had disconnected my battery to install the BAP a couple of weeks ago so I wanted to program my burnbox back on the buttons and it wasn't working. I found the ground wire had fallen off being it has a spade end when I was attaching the ground for the BAP. Good catch before going to line with no line lock. The battery disconnect would catch me again though

Jon and I lined up for the 1st pass. Something was telling me after the burnout I was forgetting something. Car came out hard 1.35 60 ft but didn't shift to 2nd so fell on it's face as Jon flew down the track to a new best 8.88@155!. The tune is set up when in trans track it leaves in 2nd. Well with the battery disconnected my custom setting in SRT was lost so trans was in street and I didn't check the dash to see it was in 2nd gear. Fixed the setting and went back up and ran 9.32@151 1.40 60 ft. DA was 0. Jon added some more timing on the next pass and went 9.30 @151 1.42 60 ft DA 360. We had a mix of e85 and e85r which is about 95% but was still showing knock. This has been an issue all year and we believe it is false knock so Jon adjusted the knock sensors again

Since the 1st pass leaving in 1st gear the car felt slow leaving in 2nd so Jon said why don't we try another 1st gear launch. We also had an issue we saw 2 weeks ago leaving in 2nd, it gets up to around 3900 rpm and will drop 200 rpm then accelerate again. It has done this every time in 2nd gear so another reason we wanted to leave in 1st to see if it was still there. DA now 525 but I guess the car didn't know that. It hooks in 1st gear 1.33 60 ft and the front lifts a lot and came down different and I think to my self it pulled the wheels off the ground, and it did, both! I knew it was much faster on the bottom and ran 9.12@149. The right lane was showing higher 1/4 mph and the left was higher in the 1/8th. My 1st two passes at 151 were right and the 3rd was left. I always like to run both lanes because of this. 1st gear launch it didn't fall off at 3900 so Jon wanted me to run again with a 2nd gear launch to track some other stuff. Running left lane again pulled a 1.39 60 ft and forth gear hit the rev limit throttle fell for a brief second then took back off. Thought it would be a bad pass but was 9.29@147 DA was 700. I was .04 faster at the 1/8th then my 9.30 pass so if it was a clean pass 9.25. Another guy running a Hellcat right after me went 9.36 and also had something weird in 4th gear where the rpm went up so may have been something in the lane

For our class they pair up cars running close to the same time for a best 2 out of 3. Jon and I didn't go to the drivers meeting being we decided not run anymore but we were the 2 fastest there so it would have been us racing each other. Since they started late eliminations where 2 hours behind and were starting at 4pm. I had made my last pass at 3:30 when the drivers meeting was going to start

This was the last time Jon and I will be running this year. Doesn't look like we will have better DA today or next week and Jon's e85r drum is empty.

It wasn't a perfect day but we ended the season with new bests and had a good time. Race weight was 4690 and if I had the same 400 lbs less to move as Jon did we would have seen an 8 out of my car also

View attachment 85830 View attachment 85831
You guys need parachutes! These kind of times and mph makes me think how great these cars are running when compared to the old 426 lightweight Hemi Superstockers! Think about a 4600 pound, street tire daily driver car running low 9’s or high 8’s compared to a 3000 pound, factory backed multi-carbureted big block with 14” wide drag slicks, wheelie bars and 2 1/2” open headers! It is simply amazing! Very few people realize what an engineering feat this is on both the car owner’s parts as well as Dodge!

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Way to go guys!

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Thanks for the detail Jim. Glad you guys got out and had a good end of the season. Both cars running really well. Was there a track photog you can hit up to get a pic of your tires in the air? That'd be one to hang on the wall.
No there wasn't. Maybe more wheels in the air next year:)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

View attachment 85830 View attachment 85831
1.33.... you go man

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
sorry man, slip of the finger when typing... regardless, it's still hauling ass ... and worthy of congratulations