Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Finishing up the fuel system in Go Man Go

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
99% plug and play.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If you end up using the filter, which you should, you dont want to use a stainless steel filter, you want the microglass filter.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #3
Any idea why they sell it with the wrong filter?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I cannot believe your OCD, super correct, check everything twice, make sure it's right, ass used a screwdriver and hammer to remove the hat! :LOL: Even I bought the tool cheapo! Another great vid. If your worrying strictly about filtering , I would believe the two filter matts are plenty sufficient. I don't know about the reliability of the after market pumps. Meaning, the factory felt it wasn't necessary with their manufacturer supplier. I had a cheap ass Holley electric on my old Chevy and a piece of vane in the pump broke off and got stuck in the needle seat and flooded the engine. I then put an after the pump inline filter in. But unless your afraid the pump's will break down and chip off pieces into the line and injectors, I feel no need.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Any idea why they sell it with the wrong filter?
You can use stainless but it doesnt filter as well. ID Injectors only recommends the microglass filter for their injectors

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
116mph?

Oh, Mexico, I forgot...

;)

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I'd use the filter. It can't hurt.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #8
@coolblue improvisation adaptation lol

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Don’t bother with the filter. I’ve run those pumps for 3 years. No issues with the socks.

I think Tapp could really really kill it if he supplied a fresh, pre wired fuel sender to put right on. Then it’s just out and in. Would maybe add another $50-100 to the kit.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Very good write up (although it was put out by ID). There is some conflicting info though. Obviously the stainless filter (that's in Speedy's kit) is for ethanol purposes. But if you can't run smaller than 10 micron filter with ethanol what do use on a flex tune? And if you put it in line and ran pump gas it would really be doing anything? So according to this you really can't have a safe flex tune. And what are the orifice diameters of injectors on average of "X" horsepower tunes with pump only and E85 only tunes. What size will let what contaminant pass through?

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Very good write up (although it was put out by ID). There is some conflicting info though. Obviously the stainless filter (that's in Speedy's kit) is for ethanol purposes. But if you can't run smaller than 10 micron filter with ethanol what do use on a flex tune? And if you put it in line and ran pump gas it would really be doing anything? So according to this you really can't have a safe flex tune. And what are the orifice diameters of injectors on average of "X" horsepower tunes with pump only and E85 only tunes. What size will let what contaminant pass through?
Microglass filter. It states so in the article and I was told the same on the phone by an ID tech. I'm running an inline Fore filter now with flex tune and I use pump 93 and E85 with no issues.

Bottom line, the stock filters on your pumps aren't providing much protection for your injectors, over time your injectors absolutely WILL degrade. This may or may not be important to you. A microglass filter is the safe way to filter your fuel. Fore offers them, which is what I run.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Microglass filter. It states so in the article and I was told the same on the phone by an ID tech. I'm running an inline Fore filter now with flex tune and I use pump 93 and E85 with no issues.

Bottom line, the stock filters on your pumps aren't providing much protection for your injectors, over time your injectors absolutely WILL degrade. This may or may not be important to you. A microglass filter is the safe way to filter your fuel. Fore offers them, which is what I run.
From article.
" so if they're going to run

ethanol, they need to run a 40µ or bigger stainless element. While this is true, a stainless element is much

better for use with ethanol"

I'm not posting to be combative or have a fight, I'm seriously trying to learn and make sure I'm not miss reading. So your saying you use the Microglass filter with no problems on both. You may convince me to run one of these goddam things! LOL.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
From article.
" so if they're going to run

ethanol, they need to run a 40µ or bigger stainless element. While this is true, a stainless element is much

better for use with ethanol"

I'm not posting to be combative or have a fight, I'm seriously trying to learn and make sure I'm not miss reading. So your saying you use the Microglass filter with no problems on both. You may convince me to run one of these goddam things! LOL.

From the article:

A 12µ filter is generally sufficient and they are readily available, with paper elements. If you're running ethanol I suggest digging a little and finding a 12µ or similar ethanol compatible element. The 6 and 12 micron microglass, ethanol compatible fuel filters, have done well in our testing and are recommended.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
And from Fore's website which talks about the different media filtering substrates available. Go through each tab to learn more about each filter type but regardless their microglass filter exceeds Bosche's filtration requirement. Bosche as you may know are the primary injector manufacturer in the world and also what ID Injectors uses as a base for their injector designs.

https://www.foreinnovations.com/product_p/16-201.htm

All Fore Innovations filtration media exceeds Bosch fuel injector filtration requirement of 5µ, minimum 82% capture efficiency, and 35µ, 100% capture efficiency (ISO/TR 19438); however, Injector Dynamics recommends finer filtration provided by our cellulose and microglass SSD elements.

Last edited:

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Don’t bother with the filter. I’ve run those pumps for 3 years. No issues with the socks.

I think Tapp could really really kill it if he supplied a fresh, pre wired fuel sender to put right on. Then it’s just out and in. Would maybe add another $50-100 to the kit.
Had I waited 6 more months I'd have a Tapp kit instead of an IE. I have already thoroughly researched how to both go back to stock and add PnP BAPS if needed.

A pre-wired sender would absolutely be worth 100 extra bucks to me either way.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
And from Fore's website which talks about the different media filtering substrates available. Go through each tab to learn more about each filter type but regardless their microglass filter exceeds Bosche's filtration requirement. Bosche as you may know are the primary injector manufacturer in the world and also what ID Injectors uses as a base for their injector designs.

All Fore Innovations filtration media exceeds Bosch fuel injector filtration requirement of 5µ, minimum 82% capture efficiency, and 35µ, 100% capture efficiency (ISO/TR 19438); however, Injector Dynamics recommends finer filtration provided by our cellulose and microglass SSD elements.
Now with such fine filtering do they suggest a maintenance schedule or regular change intervals to prevent clogging and pressure loss?

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Now with such fine filtering do they suggest a maintenance schedule or regular change intervals to prevent clogging and pressure loss?
I asked the ID technician how often to clean or change the filter and he said annually is sufficient. Part of the reason I went with the 128mm filter instead of the 88mm filter from Fore was for the lowest pressure loss and the most extended interval. I believe even the 88mm has a lot of filter surface though because of the pleated filter. ID has their own style filter also which looks more like an oil filter than a cylinder.

http://injectordynamics.com/id-f750-fuel-filter/

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Had I waited 6 more months I'd have a Tapp kit instead of an IE. I have already thoroughly researched how to both go back to stock and add PnP BAPS if needed.

A pre-wired sender would absolutely be worth 100 extra bucks to me either way.
My plan is to add new pumps to my IE kit when the originals get "tired", they have 295 pumps out now that surpass the 285's...

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #20

I saw that and noted it says "all filtration media" which would also include their stainless media.

This is all to much worry for me over something the factory didn't feel necessary. I'm leaving it off the car for now.