Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Food chains that are no longer around

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger SRT Hellcat , 2019 RedEye WB
I’d like to just add I’m amazed every time I drive past the chick-fil-a line that’s double wide and 20 cars long.. you think these people are giving out gold for free.. but these people love this chicken sh*t, I figure most parents are just lazy or there kids are like craving that poop.. I don’t get it.. I used to go once in a blue moon before it got out of control these days I don’t bother.. half the time the fries are cold.. these people just love that chicken poop garbage.. hell I just get a Fresh Organic rotisserie chicken at the store if I want.. no line and much more food that’s better tasting too. But it’s funny though.. I call them the chick-fil-a Monkeys.. because sometimes it’s such a scene these people will block the road to get into the grocery stores and strip mall because the chick-fil-a line is so backed up down the street.. my joke is you must be a monkey to sit in the line I mean these people sometimes wait 20 minutes in line for a Chick-fil-a sandwich.. it’s like Really?? Are you a Robot, do you compute anything in that mind of yours other than CHICK-FIL-A!! 🤪 all do respect I really don’t care.. it just Amuses me and I make up funny things like this in my head.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
^^^^^^

I think some patronize them because of their corporate background??

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
I’d like to just add I’m amazed every time I drive past the chick-fil-a line that’s double wide and 20 cars long.. you think these people are giving out gold for free.. but these people love this chicken sh*t, I figure most parents are just lazy or there kids are like craving that poop.. I don’t get it.. I used to go once in a blue moon before it got out of control these days I don’t bother.. half the time the fries are cold.. these people just love that chicken poop garbage.. hell I just get a Fresh Organic rotisserie chicken at the store if I want.. no line and much more food that’s better tasting too. But it’s funny though.. I call them the chick-fil-a Monkeys.. because sometimes it’s such a scene these people will block the road to get into the grocery stores and strip mall because the chick-fil-a line is so backed up down the street.. my joke is you must be a monkey to sit in the line I mean these people sometimes wait 20 minutes in line for a Chick-fil-a sandwich.. it’s like Really?? Are you a Robot, do you compute anything in that mind of yours other than CHICK-FIL-A!! 🤪 all do respect I really don’t care.. it just Amuses me and I make up funny things like this in my head.
Maybe it is your store. I have never waited 20 minutes either. Heck the one a few miles from work I can get there and back in just over 20 minutes Moving to Michigan in the 90's there were none here. We have 4 now built in the last 5 years close to me. I would look for them when I went out of state. Started going to Bowling Green in 2000 for drag racing and every trip there at least once we would eat at chick-fil-a To me it is one of the best fast food restaurants out there. Fries are awesome and there barbeque sauce with their chicken is awesome. Even though their lines can be long they are normally fast. The other important thing they do is how that act towards their customers. To be honest good service should not stand out to you. You should get that anywhere you go, but going there it does

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
^^^^^^

Maybe my area is full of liberals though.. they love that chicken mess. 😄 .. Starbucks is the same way the drive thru is like 15 people long all the time.. good morning may I have my Frappe creme Grande Double Spresso Skim Milk with Chai.. I’m A Dunkin Man.. Medium Extra Cream I’m good

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
^^^^^^

I don’t give a damn if your A Satanist or if someone thinks their Gods Gift to Mankind and they’re the perfect Christian.. at the end of the day you’ll probably be in the hole in the ground a little faster eating that chicken poop haha. All I’m saying is I get much better food for the same price.. it takes effort though.. I need to get out of my car and walk inside the supermarket and there’s a plethora of great food.. Fresh Soups the best Salads.. Sushimi.. open Buffets and organic chickens.. You Know Real Food, good stuff.. literally the same price..

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
I suspect you've had an unusually bad experience in one of their franchises. Around here they're considered a better fast food.

My issue is I get a little freaked out when I go in there because of how unnaturally well they process your order and then bring it to you. They have a hive mind capability and bring you your food, and its never the person who took your order, it's always someone else.

I picture them like Piccard and his Borg laser, honing in on you.

They never ask you if you are who you are, or if your order is "this", just here is your food, in a restaurant FULL of people waiting for an order.

I feel like they can see a little invisible floating placard over my head with everything from my SSN to the name of my first born child.

: o

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Some are still around bit no longer in the area I grew up with them. Safeway was on the east coast up to the early 90's. Still big out west.
Albertsons was in Florida. Became Sweet Bay and around 2010 or so just pulled out. Still out west along with Vons. In fact I think Safeway owns them now.

Zayres was a thing in the 70's and 80's.
Jack-In-The-Box was east coast too in the 70's.
Ben Franklin's.
Bennigans.
For that matter....Blockbuster Video. 😂

And think about this...K-Mart & Wal-Mart opened the same year, 1962.

TraxMoe

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Harbors
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
looking 4 POS slasher
It's not the original however, after they reorganized, they changed up the recipe.
I remember when Godfathers started in Omaha, NE on 96th and Q st. back in the early 70's, It was in this little strip mall, right next to Wild Willy's bar and was take out only. The people in the bar could order through a window in the bar. The drunks in the bar made the Pizza but it was surrounded by lots of apartment buildings, WillyTheisen had the bar and bought it pizza parlor that was next door ended up being really rich but his kids were spoiled rotten.. Theisen had the largest mansion & property in Regency at the time

Stormtrooper1320

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I searched them are there still 44 of them around
There are a bunch to the south and west of Baltimore. The closest one to me is by Capital Raceway.

They are also in Pa and New Jersey with many in the rest areas along the Jersey Turnpike. We went to one a few weeks ago when we had to pick up some wheels for my friends Jeep at Fort Dix.

Still the best fast food roast beef around.

Stormtrooper1320

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Godfather's Pizza is still around, too. How about Bojangles?
We had Godfathers Pizza and Bojangles here. My last job before I went in the Marines was at Bojangles, making that damn chicken.

Stormtrooper1320

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
We had Little Tavern here, and the building in my old neighborhood is still there. It's been multiple things since it stopped selling burgers. Not sure what it is now, I'll have to look the next time I go by.

Stormtrooper1320

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yeah, Sambo's wouldn't go over so well nowadays. :rolleyes:
Yeah. We had those here and then they all got rebranded to Denny's.

Stormtrooper1320

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Some are still around bit no longer in the area I grew up with them. Safeway was on the east coast up to the early 90's. Still big out west.
Albertsons was in Florida. Became Sweet Bay and around 2010 or so just pulled out. Still out west along with Vons. In fact I think Safeway owns them now.

Zayres was a thing in the 70's and 80's.
Jack-In-The-Box was east coast too in the 70's.
Ben Franklin's.
Bennigans.
For that matter....Blockbuster Video. 😂

And think about this...K-Mart & Wal-Mart opened the same year, 1962.
We have Safeway here in the Mid-Atlantic region. It's one of those "fancy" markets now, and their prices reflect it.

Stormtrooper1320

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
We had Sizzler and Bonanza steak houses here, but they closed years ago.

Now we have this thing called "Golden Corral".

Stormtrooper1320

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Same around here. I don't go anywhere near a Chick-Fil-A around lunch or dinner time. And the ones that are in shopping centers are just like you described, lanes blocked, etc.

I used to get their sandwiches once in awhile years ago, but something changed and they aren't the same. I don't bother anymore.

Stormtrooper1320

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Maybe it is your store. I have never waited 20 minutes either. Heck the one a few miles from work I can get there and back in just over 20 minutes Moving to Michigan in the 90's there were none here. We have 4 now built in the last 5 years close to me. I would look for them when I went out of state. Started going to Bowling Green in 2000 for drag racing and every trip there at least once we would eat at chick-fil-a To me it is one of the best fast food restaurants out there. Fries are awesome and there barbeque sauce with their chicken is awesome. Even though their lines can be long they are normally fast. The other important thing they do is how that act towards their customers. To be honest good service should not stand out to you. You should get that anywhere you go, but going there it does
Not in my area, you will wait forever in line. They've now expanded most of them to be the double lanes just to try and get people moved through.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #37
our's are double lines but they go fast:)

Hickster

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hicksterville Meats and Dali',
Never has and never will ,beeze me,
Beenze a vegetarian since 1981.
The last ham burger, last joint, last cig
1st and last breath of life.
I should have been dead 40 years ago but she hasn't found meat yet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slipaway16 Sold Items 10
Magnified General Stellantis Discussions 14
tkracing1 Off Topic Chat 25