Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ford Lightning Is Bricked At Charging Station

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
So what does the term bricked refer to,,,
There was a camel joke from about 50 years ago, maybe it is from that?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Because our news organizations where most people get their news are absolutely worthless, broadcasting bullshit most of the time. No, right now…all the time! Most listen to their shit and are dumb enough to believe they know it all.

For example during the last week ZERO minutes on covering the release of REAL FACTS ON TWITTER on our Government actions with high tech at violations of our First Amendment rights along with zero coverage on the damn millions of people walking over our southern border! Why tell them all the facts on these not ready for use EV’s?

Thank God for this excellent platform we are lucky enough to read here.
Well, I do agree with some of that. I certainly don’t agree that Twitter is the place to get news. Lol that is a joke.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Basically any electronic device - that simply doesn’t work - is considered “bricked”. I think the word became more prominent when people started “jail breaking” their iPhones, and not doing a good job, and “bricking” them.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Well, I do agree with some of that. I certainly don’t agree that Twitter is the place to get news. Lol that is a joke.
Agree. I never would on any social media site, but lots of others do and only listen to the major networks which are not even covering BIG news like what is happening at our southern border for example. Let alone we should be investigating the President’s family and potentially himself. That issue was apparently swept away in October 2020 and that is a problem, IMO.

Some interesting items are getting exposed over at Twitter is what I’m talking about. So I am looking forward to several testifying under oath in January to what apparently Musk is talking about, and showing us.

I guess point here in a EV thread is because so many are believing we need to move away from our beloved Hemi’s right now and under government direction and regulation to save the earth.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Oh the EV hate and being now an owner of 3 Ev vehicles this year I understand more than most, EV vehicles are a niche product that are good and bad. The good is they are technology advanced the bad is they don’t fix the Green Agenda pipe dream. It is a political vehicle divided among us. I like them to a degree for my business being they make economic sense, I dislike them being they’re not the answer to the true Carbon Foot print challenges. The perceptions they are cheaper then Ice is not accurate but the followers think so. The true answer is let the consumers make the choice between ice and ev and have a moderate transition to alternate transportation. The irony to the Green agenda is many aspects being the need for fossil fuels to make ev vehicles prevalant. And the average EV vehicle needs to be driven at lest 40k miles plus before it’s net zero and only if it’s re energized by non fossilized fuels. Meanwhile all the rich green agenda proponents ride around in Jets, ships,Space Rockets and own tons of homes and yachts wasting carbon footprint🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Basically any electronic device - that simply doesn’t work - is considered “bricked”. I think the word became more prominent when people started “jail breaking” their iPhones, and not doing a good job, and “bricking” them.
Thanks Jack..a bit of info I shall never use as I don't have an i phone or an EV;););)

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Name a new technology beginning mass production that doesn't experience issues and glitches, whether in the auto industry, cell phones, televisions, etc. What's more important is whether the manufacturers address the discovered flaws, honor warranties or try to nickel & dime the consumer.

The battery life is one of the major issues preventing me from accepting the current generation of EV vehicles coming onto the market (reliability, price, and quality being the others). When I can get 250,000+ miles on an ICE vehicle without having to make a major reinvestment on it, why would I spend $50k, $60k or more on a vehicle whose "motor" has a life expectancy of 100,000 requiring me to spend an additional $12-$15,000 to keep it running?

The cartoon below says it best.

LOL...tell us why we should take as factual anything from a source that makes such an inane comment as that above.

First, the First Amendment only pertains to the Government suppressing individuals' speech or expression of dissent.

Second, the "high tech" companies are corporate citizens who own their platforms and as such have the right to moderate them as they will...unless you don't believe in fighting big government and want it to consider social media sites as utilities....not very Capitalist of you.

Third, as a corporate Citizen, these high tech firms could have resisted whatever Government requests were made (see #1 and #2 above) but the fact they didn't could be they agreed the information they deleted and/or the individuals they banned was because the individuals were violating the firms' Rules of Use and were attempting to promulgate patently false information that could cause more harm than good if allowed to spread...unless one were so inclined as to believe there was/is a global conspiracy like Flat Earth, Election Fraud, or Democrats drink the blood of children, or some such other Q-like nonsense subsets around here like to each other out of the public eye.
I was with you on most of what you posted until you got to "Third"

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Not sure why Americans are so dumb they believe these electric cars are a good idea
They don't
Its a top down push.

There is a lot of good marketing behind it to get consumers interested but we are a long way (if ever) from these things being the new "normal"

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I'm familiar with the term from years ago referring to electronic devices that no longer worked, especially if a tech did something to burn it up, fry it, let out the magic smoke, etc., it was now considered to be a useless weighted object. Like a paperweight or....brick.

I heard it a lot from Motorola folks in reference to radios that got locked up when someone did something negative to them when programming them, or troubleshooting them or fixing them. The radio was said to have been "bricked".

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle