Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Free PCM unlock with Dusterhoff Tune

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Dan,

Big Power Racing is in New York, we're in Georgia. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them but I have no control over anything they do. Had you contacted me about any issue you experienced, I would have gladly done anything I could to try and rectify the situation. Instead of doing so, you have chosen to bash my business over the actions of another. We have ceased recommending any shops due to this interaction because we have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose. We don't get a kickback and stand to have our reputation trashed for the actions of another business. Continuing to do this is akin to me hiring a plumber, asking him for a recommendation on a tile guy, and then trashing the plumber because the tile guy sucked. A more appropriate course of action would have been to pick up the phone and call us and say I wouldn't recommend them anymore as your experience was terrible. Or ask me to help you fix the situation. I'm sorry it didn't go well, if you had picked the phone up and called me I would have done anything I could to fix but instead, you continue to do this.
Contacted you guys multiple times over the course the car was located there with back/forth between yourself and the shop owner to address tuning/build concerns.
I drove 12 hours when told the car was ready for pickup after 3 1/2 months to find lights/warning messages and neither tune finished with dyno data. I had to work with you over the phone that day because the owner didn't have anyone there currently that was capable of using HP Tuners. Then was promised if left the car there would be perfect and delivered in an enclosed trailer for all the trouble. Did not happen. Ruined a car that hasn't seen salt/snow since built. It was terrible if you saw the build thread pictures. Drove behind a salt truck apparently. Not sure how you could have rectified the situation after our phone call. I know you put a lot of time into the car and didn't mean for this situation to happen so i did not ask for anything. After all the build problems were not your fault. I understand that. Expected much more with a recommendation coming from you so i get why wouldn't continue from here on out. My intention is not bashing your business but speak the truth as far as that shop goes. Take it how you will.

Wish it went another way as I was promised when talked out of sending the car to OST as scheduled but we're here.

Cheers Curt, Happy new year.

Dan

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
Contacted you guys multiple times over the course the car was located there with back/forth between yourself and the shop owner to address tuning/build concerns.
I drove 12 hours when told the car was ready for pickup after 3 1/2 months to find lights/warning messages and neither tune finished with dyno data. I had to work with you over the phone that day because the owner didn't have anyone there currently that was capable of using HP Tuners. Then was promised if left the car there would be perfect and delivered in an enclosed trailer for all the trouble. Did not happen. Ruined a car that hasn't seen salt/snow since built. It was terrible if you saw the build thread pictures. Drove behind a salt truck apparently. Not sure how you could have rectified the situation after our phone call. I know you put a lot of time into the car and didn't mean for this situation to happen so i did not ask for anything. After all the build problems were not your fault. I understand that. Expected much more with a recommendation coming from you so i get why wouldn't continue from here on out. My intention is not bashing your business but speak the truth as far as that shop goes. Take it how you will.

Wish it went another way as I was promised when talked out of sending the car to OST as scheduled but we're here.

Cheers Curt, Happy new year.

Dan
Dan,

I'm as upset about the situation as you are, but we could have handled this differently. I don't know what I could have done at that point other than to reimburse you for a detail on the car. Or make Big Power do it. I learned a hard lesson from this entire situation about recommending shops. It cost us a customer and damaged our reputation and it's totally outside of my control which is the most frustrating part.

I don't know why we would have talked you out of OST though. I like Mike and have always had a working relationship with him. I've had customers built by him before and done remote tuning with him no problem.

Anyways, I'm sorry the interaction didn't go better and will not be recommending any other shops moving forward. Wish you the best with the car going forward.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I don't see the fuel causing it. Really strange. I'm not really sure what else could cause it to have that issue to be honest. Do you change the sock when you changed the pump?
I just swapped out the basket complete.
I didn't remove the pump from the basket.
So no sock to be seen. If it would have been visible as in out in the open I would have changed it.

Last edited:

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
I just swapped out the basket complete.
I didn't remove the pump from the basket.
So no sock to be seen. If it would have been visible as in out in the open I would have changed it.
I'm stumped tbh. What kind of da are you seeing it max the pump? It may just need more fuel system but it's really odd on a stock car.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I'm stumped tbh. What kind of da are you seeing it max the pump? It may just need more fuel system but it's really odd on a stock car.
I have been having issues pretty much all year. In 2000 da I could feel it lay over and then pick up kinda like turbo lag. This car has always had what we fealt was a cat over temp condition happening.
Afr has often as far as I can tell gone rich and added timing.
I had the cat recall done early this year and it didn't appear to change anything.
The only change from stock is a 190 thermostat installed this year and the blower spacers and blanket were installed when the blower was changed under warranty in 2019.
Since changing to hptuners to log the da has been 200 to neg 800.
Unfortunately I am not tech savey and don't have all the pics on the logs. I do have at least one from the time with the Incognito on.
I was looking at contacting you for a tune and trans tune to see what I could get out the car with little done. I would like to be sure of what is going on now first.
Not sure what I should do now. Maybe I should start racing my turbo Buick instead. LOL

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Well, as it looks like the Durango Hellcat won't be happening (since they've limited the run to 2000, as opposed to the talked about "build all that are ordered, but only for one year") I have a question for you Curt. Are you seeing anyway tune the motor / trans without doing any physical modifications, and if so, what kind of results are they seeing? I'm thinking there's probably not much room left in the stock set up for tuning to make much difference. What are your thoughts? Other than the benefit that it's unlocked for future modifications, of course.

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
I have been having issues pretty much all year. In 2000 da I could feel it lay over and then pick up kinda like turbo lag. This car has always had what we fealt was a cat over temp condition happening.
Afr has often as far as I can tell gone rich and pulled timing.
I had the cat recall done early this year and it didn't appear to change anything.
The only change from stock is a 190 thermostat installed this year and the blower spacers and blanket were installed when the blower was changed under warranty in 2019.
Since changing to hptuners to log the da has been 200 to neg 800.
Unfortunately I am not tech savey and don't have all the pics on the logs. I do have at least one from the time with the Incognito on.
I was looking at contacting you for a tune and trans tune to see what I could get out the car with little done. I would like to be sure of what is going on now first.
Not sure what I should do now. Maybe I should start racing my turbo Buick instead. LOL
It's a tough call. I'm sure adding a bap and tuning it ould probably fix it. Send me some logs, I'll have a look.

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
Well, as it looks like the Durango Hellcat won't be happening (since they've limited the run to 2000, as opposed to the talked about "build all that are ordered, but only for one year") I have a question for you Curt. Are you seeing anyway tune the motor / trans without doing any physical modifications, and if so, what kind of results are they seeing? I'm thinking there's probably not much room left in the stock set up for tuning to make much difference. What are your thoughts? Other than the benefit that it's unlocked for future modifications, of course.
On a stock car the gains are minimal. the biggest gain you're going to see is from raising the shift points to be honest. Although if you did a race gas tune you could see some much more significant gains.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It's a tough call. I'm sure adding a bap and tuning it ould probably fix it. Send me some logs, I'll have a look.
I can send you a log with hptuners with the Incognito on and a log from Diablo stock.
I will look them up tomorrow.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Baton Rouge
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger HC

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
Do we have to say we are forum members in the initial email? We emailed this morning, and got the canned response back to fill out the form, which came back with the unlock costs on it
That's just a generic response. You should hear directly from one of our sales guys. We're going racing this week so it may be first of next

Member ID
Reactions
City
Baton Rouge
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger HC
That's just a generic response. You should hear directly from one of our sales guys. We're going racing this week so it may be first of next
Sent over the form. Thanks!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I finally got off my but and figured out how to send my log to you.
Either this weekend or the next my friend will pass by and scan the car again with his dealer computer. Once I figure out what is going on I would like to have you tune it.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Hey Curt
No need to answer today. Are you running any specials on an e85 16 auto? Also having a problem on full throttle as it is hitting a wall sort of speak.