Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Fuel Tank Plumbing and Connections

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eustis
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT/70RR
Can anyone tell me what all the fuel tank lines and connections are on these new cars? I have a 2015 SRT tank with all these connections but the project I am building will only require the fuel supply line to the engine. THATS IT. I need to be able to disable and plug all other connections. YES I know I have to reprogram something to negate the alarms I will get by NOT USING the Evap system

Attachments

OP
Fabman
Member ID
Reactions
City
Eustis
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT/70RR
Thread Starter #2
I guess no one on this forum group has any knowledge of this area of the car??

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
fuel line is the one with the paper tag, all others are purge valve an charcoal canister which you could block but then you will have to vent tank by drilling small hole in fuel cap or an old school vented cap. an fuel fill pipe.

OP
Fabman
Member ID
Reactions
City
Eustis
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT/70RR
Thread Starter #4
Ok...Thanks for the response. Let me ask this...the shop manual states that when removing the fuel pump module - you need to depressurize the fuel tank. What builds pressure in the tank besides ambient temperature?

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Ok...Thanks for the response. Let me ask this...the shop manual states that when removing the fuel pump module - you need to depressurize the fuel tank. What builds pressure in the tank besides ambient temperature?
I would think that refers to fuel line pressure. there won`t be any pressure in the tank itself.
example :: when car is running or turned off vent valve is always open, only time vent valve is closed is when computer commands an evap. test.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
some customers would complain takes for ever to put gas in the car, would find vent valve stuck closed or spiders will plug them up.

OP
Fabman
Member ID
Reactions
City
Eustis
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT/70RR