Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

GM Spending $854 Million To Build New Small Block V8

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Meanwhile, us Mopar peasants are watching our beloved Hemi bludgeoned to death right before our eyes...hello???.......Tim K.......Tim K.........Tim K (to the cadence of Buehler, Buehler, Buehler) :mad:

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Meanwhile, us Mopar peasants are watching our beloved Hemi bludgeoned to death right before our eyes...hello???.......Tim K.......Tim K.........Tim K (to the cadence of Buehler, Buehler, Buehler) :mad:
If you think Tim K is making these decisions, then you don't understand corporate structure. Tim's job is to implement the policies Stellantis creates, not tell Stellantis what he's going to do.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I'm well aware, just hate what's going on. Tim's my favorite whipping boy, since he's a gearhead at heart, and went from king of the Dodge coolness to zero literally overnight from the woke Stellantis warlords pulling his strings.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Gezus! Looks like I went from a Ford idiot :sick:, to a proud MOPAR guy, likely on to being a GM guy very soon. I shall always follow the V8, or at least any piston engine building company moving forward. Hell, I would rather a gay new Subaru then any electric Dodge.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Gezus! Looks like I went from a Ford idiot :sick:, to a proud MOPAR guy, likely on to being a GM guy very soon. I shall always follow the V8, or at least any piston engine building company moving forward. Hell, I would rather a gay new Subaru then any electric Dodge.
No you wouldn’t!

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Boy this really sets me off, here is the General announcing to spend big coin to develop new V8. And our asshole foreign parent company that doesn’t deserve our brand put all their eggs in one electric basket. Couldn’t even do a phased integration. Boy that could have been one cool opportunity missed. I will say it again, I would enjoy seeing them decide they took a wrong turn and sell it back to an American company that recognizes a missed opportunity. Build what I want and I will be at the dealer with check in hand it is that simple

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Almost as bad as saying the wrong thing to the wife in a heated argument, can’t take back them words and have to live with the consequences of what ya said.🤣

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Looks like to me that the engine has already been designed. Now it's getting the tooling to get it into production.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Good for them. I hope they sell a Gazillion of them, perhaps this may motivate car manufacturers that going to all Electric immediately isn’t the prudent choice for cash registers sales. Pretty certain that is the one pie chart or bar graph that will get corporate to sit up and pay attention. If sales slump and other manufactures are making money hand over fist that will change things I am certain of it. After all it does come down to the almighty dollar, always has always will.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I don’t see trucks going all electric especially OTR trucks

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Good point, but was thinking on our level of cars, I would never turn my nose up at a 12 or 24v Cummins. If they thought they could squash those they would but they know it a long ways off, no substitute for huge reliable torque that just keeps going both on miles with fill up and 300k miles engine life, they know it we know it. That would be a death blow to take 2500 & 3500 all electric.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Electric ain’t happening boys. It’s a pipe dream. It will crash a burn miraculously.

when the Saudi crown prince buys a Tesla I’ll be fucking worried.