Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Maggie 2650 first test pass 9.2@148 **port data update**

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I spaced the cradle to make it fit. But I don’t have the FI spacers anymore. Had a custom spacer made for my whipple. @Marc W has one of the fancy spacers made down here in Florida also. There’s only 4 or 5 in existence. And they work well. You might want to see if gearhead makes one for the magnuson.
Hey Whip where you be man! What’s going on with your car? I gave up on the FI intake spacers with the Thiteks and Whipple. Just not necessary with what I’m doing. That plenum spacer I got from Gearhead is worth it’s weight in gold but that’s just for the Whipple 4.5 because they need help in that area. The 2.6 Maggie in the shop (Primetime’s) runs so cool compared to the stock superchargers it’s unbelievable. The thing doesn’t even get hot to the touch on the dyno. I don’t think they need any additional spacing anywhere.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Hey Whip where you be man! What’s going on with your car? I gave up on the FI intake spacers with the Thiteks and Whipple. Just not necessary with what I’m doing. That plenum spacer I got from Gearhead is worth it’s weight in gold but that’s just for the Whipple 4.5 because they need help in that area. The 2.6 Maggie in the shop (Primetime’s) runs so cool compared to the stock superchargers it’s unbelievable. The thing doesn’t even get hot to the touch on the dyno. I don’t think they need any additional spacing anywhere.
sup man. I’ve been working, and killing it during corona times. Making as much money as possible. It’s been good! Been driving the hellcat to work and just messing around. Haven’t been to the track yet. But I’ve been getting the itch to head back out. Got back into guns, and been building a bunch of AR variants and shooting long range as well.

still enjoying the hellcat, it’s still a rocket. And I still have never sprayed the nitrous once! Lol. To much of a pussy still to spray it. Never liked the FI spacers, never noticed a difference with them. Felt like kind of a gimmick.

I’m about to get a little tune up on the hellcat. My fuel level sensor is messed up so I gotta fix that. Swapping a new demon driveshaft in so I can give Marc back his I’ve been borrowing. Oil change is due. Need to check the rear suspension bolts, been hearing a little more popping and rattling in the back. Want to get my nitrous controller setup with some more parameters so I feel more comfortable with the spray. Need to get my catch can setup with better clamps, cause it drips some oil occasionally unless I constantly retighten it.

that’s it. Been following your updates. Can’t wait to see you car back at the track. Can you believe it’s coming up on another year since the Gila bend race?? Seems like a month ago we were hanging out. Might need to consider heading back out...

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
sup man. I’ve been working, and killing it during corona times. Making as much money as possible. It’s been good! Been driving the hellcat to work and just messing around. Haven’t been to the track yet. But I’ve been getting the itch to head back out. Got back into guns, and been building a bunch of AR variants and shooting long range as well.

still enjoying the hellcat, it’s still a rocket. And I still have never sprayed the nitrous once! Lol. To much of a pussy still to spray it. Never liked the FI spacers, never noticed a difference with them. Felt like kind of a gimmick.

I’m about to get a little tune up on the hellcat. My fuel level sensor is messed up so I gotta fix that. Swapping a new demon driveshaft in so I can give Marc back his I’ve been borrowing. Oil change is due. Need to check the rear suspension bolts, been hearing a little more popping and rattling in the back. Want to get my nitrous controller setup with some more parameters so I feel more comfortable with the spray. Need to get my catch can setup with better clamps, cause it drips some oil occasionally unless I constantly retighten it.

that’s it. Been following your updates. Can’t wait to see you car back at the track. Can you believe it’s coming up on another year since the Gila bend race?? Seems like a month ago we were hanging out. Might need to consider heading back out...
Good to hear. I’ll be going to NFZ again in Oct but won’t be running my car on the 1/2 anymore because of the trans and 1/4 mi only gearing now. The shop is still involved and Tommy is selling his Charger to get one of the new Widebodies. He’s got a Hellephant crate coming and they are going to do a full e85 build on it and put in the Charger for half mile Exotic killing. That should be fun. There’s a “Fastest Hellcat on the West Coast” challenge happing on Dec 5th in Calif and we’ll be going in full force to stomp some Cali Boiz Into submission. Looking forward to seeing this Maggie showing her stuff. If I was building a 6.2 displacement street killer it would be my first choice right now.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #84
It was the damn 105 NO plate. Looks like l’ll be selling that and using those nitrous plates to take place of my FI plates.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I had a little Magnuson 2.3L on the old Challenger and thought it performed very well for what it was. This new 2650 Maggie and the Whipple 3.8 will be interesting units to watch.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #86
I had a little Magnuson 2.3L on the old Challenger and thought it performed very well for what it was. This new 2650 Maggie and the Whipple 3.8 will be interesting units to watch.
I’ll be interested to see how it performs. I’m hoping the first pulley we try makes close to the same boost as my 2.4L that was fully ported so I can get a good comparison of what it does next to an “all in” 2.4L. There are still upgrades coming for the 2.4L that would of been interesting to try, but I didn’t want to push that blower harder.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Wise choice for what you're doing I think. The comparison will be nice to see.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Wise choice for what you're doing I think. The comparison will be nice to see.
I agree with this . If I ever update I would go the same route .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@FFBOS has a built motor now with good rods in it. @Hpindy you and I will be limited to what our engines can handle. I broke a rod in my original Hellcat motor at somewhere around 800 - 825rwhp. I had a bad one I guess, but AJ has said a bunch of times not to go past 850rwhp on a stock Hellcat. I asked him if that went for Redeyes and Demon engines as well and he said "yes" but RE and Demon are supposedly 30% stronger, who knows.

I'm probably approaching 900rwhp on E85. The cam in the RE engine I have now definitely lets more air in based on aircharge in my logs.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
@FFBOS has a built motor now with good rods in it. @Hpindy you and I will be limited to what our engines can handle. I broke a rod in my original Hellcat motor at somewhere around 800 - 825rwhp. I had a bad one I guess, but AJ has said a bunch of times not to go past 850rwhp on a stock Hellcat. I asked him if that went for Redeyes and Demon engines as well and he said "yes" but RE and Demon are supposedly 30% stronger, who knows.

I'm probably approaching 900rwhp on E85. The cam in the RE engine I have now definitely lets more air in based on aircharge in my logs.
Like I said if I ever upgrade . By then I may have a forged bottom end . But we will see

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #91
Started up today. Had a couple day delay due to the fuel rails being -6 fuel line compared to the -8 that was on the FORE rails. Tuning in the next couple days probably.

FDF7F105-0906-4CCF-83B7-6848789F6889.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'll be curious how the noise on the knock sensors look with this blower replacement. I've read a few places that the stock blower is pretty noisy and I've sen it personally right around 4,000 RPM on mine.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I'll be curious how the noise on the knock sensors look with this blower replacement. I've read a few places that the stock blower is pretty noisy and I've sen it personally right around 4,000 RPM on mine.
You mean stock blower whine falsely triggers the knock sensors?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
A LOT actually, and the smaller pulleys make it worse.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Since I'm not the most tech savvy.....I'll make note to self......Go to Home Depot this weekend....buy garden hose nozzle washers.....install between knock sensors and block. :ROFLMAO:.
Would that work? hmm. :oops::unsure:.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Wait a minute so then would it not be possible for the knock sensors to pick up a loud exhaust? Am I overthinking this? What if you line up at the track beside a extremely loud 7 or 8 second car? Would the knock sensors pick that up?

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #97
Shouldn’t be that sensitive. They sit in the motor. But some have had false knock issues when pulleying down. Hell....maybe it’s the intakes lol....

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
It's not just about the "sound" it's the frequency of that sound and what the sensors are programmed to listen for. The factory supercharger definitely sets them off to a large degree when pulleys are changed. Took me a bit to come to terms with that, but in my car's case it was only right around 4,000 RPM. I had to do a lot of testing and visual checks of the exhaust (filmed it) at WOT to confirm.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #99
Had a good day today......more to follow

E11985EC-C602-48AD-8956-4B183C8CC0C0.jpeg

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
This makes my pants tight.

Could just be the 2 sandwiches I ate too. Who knows.