Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

High Mileage Hellcat Owners... Step Inside.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Ok, that is badass. What bulbs? Are they plug and play? Just found my next mods...thanks guys.
Contact Diode Dynamics. I got the interior, under hood and trunk kits. Easy installation.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Nice, I didn’t think to get carbon for the air vents! I’ll have to order those. Looks great
Make sure to clean good and use some 3M adhesion wipes.

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
'15 Challenger HC M6 [1st allocation round]
- 5 wheel speed sensor failures in the first four years. all good since the last replacement
- 2 radiator replacements [1st as part o the poorly constructed radiator mess, 2nd a pinhole keak in a weld behond the fan shroud]
- fender and wheel well liner - deer suicide assault, deer broke its neck, deer turned into sausage and stuff
- door, quarter panel, wheel well liner, wheel - little old granny in a caddie, too blind to see the big-ass blue car in front of her, went WOT, bounced off, most of the caddie's body panels strewn all over the place
- at just over 41K - Heater Core - in surgery now, and awaiting parts. As it was moved into the body shop to begin the interior teardown, shop supe heard a noise he didn't like, so waiting on approval for a new supercharger [bearing noise - I didn't notice it outdoors, but in the confined space of the bay at their bodyshop, can't miss it, even with my bad hearing]. And some folks called me a fool for buying the extended warranty ...
Edit: just ordered a Litens 3.17 pulley kit for the new SC, and the V86 and cannister recalls will be knocked out while they wait for the other parts to arrive

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
- 5 wheel speed sensor failures in the first four years. all good since the last replacement
- 2 radiator replacements [1st as part o the poorly constructed radiator mess, 2nd a pinhole keak in a weld behond the fan shroud]
- fender and wheel well liner - deer suicide assault, deer broke its neck, deer turned into sausage and stuff
- door, quarter panel, wheel well liner, wheel - little old granny in a caddie, too blind to see the big-ass blue car in front of her, went WOT, bounced off, most of the caddie's body panels strewn all over the place
- at just over 41K - Heater Core - in surgery now, and awaiting parts. As it was moved into the body shop to begin the interior teardown, shop supe heard a noise he didn't like, so waiting on approval for a new supercharger [bearing noise - I didn't notice it outdoors, but in the confined space of the bay at their bodyshop, can't miss it, even with my bad hearing]. And some folks called me a fool for buying the extended warranty ...
Edit: just ordered a Litens 3.17 pulley kit for the new SC, and the V86 and cannister recalls will be knocked out while they wait for the other parts to arrive
Wow...you actually bought the car to drive it....@ 41,000 for a MY 15...that's actually low mileage

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wow...you actually bought the car to drive it....@ 41,000 for a MY 15...that's actually low mileage
beginning to think its cursed. every time i get the time away from work to head to CMP for instruction and play time on the track, cat gets assaulted, something breaks, corona, ... or in this case the Legion of Demons/Mopar two-day private rental at the House of Hook the 17th-18th, and heater core craps out, SC bearing whines like a little bitch, ...
got to wonder whats coming up next

on the good side, I didn't get the usual free rental this time around. due to the shortage of rental cars, enterprise handed over a '20 1500 [whatever they call the largest cab], and yes its got a Hemi

Last edited:

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
I'm glad this thread was started, I hope members will participate, it will be great information for Hellcat owner. I'm not high mileage at 14,000 miles but I will be keeping tabs on this thread, so far my Hellcat has been absolutely perfect and between my 4X4 both are my daily drivers.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I'm glad this thread was started, I hope members will participate, it will be great information for Hellcat owner. I'm not high mileage at 14,000 miles but I will be keeping tabs on this thread, so far my Hellcat has been absolutely perfect and between my 4X4 both are my daily drivers.
Same here...2018 coming up on 19,000 miles. COVID has lowered my daily usage a lot, but still drive it every chance I get.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
What is considered high mileage?? Back in the day it was considered how many trees it had been lifted out of, or whose yards.??? The red car with the lights. Sorry. Looked like a bad mod hit with car for sale at the 3rd pawn shop. Never get the smell out.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Same here...2018 coming up on 19,000 miles. COVID has lowered my daily usage a lot, but still drive it every change I get.
Cant imagine whats thats like...

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
just noticed I left off a few things that failed early on.
- 1 complete exhaust valve, followed by 2 actuators, a 4 springs, all in the first 10000 miles
- 3 radiators [1 OEM, 2 Mishimoto (well 3 Mishi's if I count the one UPS used for forklift target practice)]. Latest one failed during pressure testing after the new heater core was installed. Interesting sound from the pass side endcap as the weld split. This one dealership visit will come very close to $10k in parts and labor, all fortunately under warranty, and it all started with one little leak