Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hmm even I am surprised damn now I’ll have to find out on my own lol....GT500 roll race beats the RE!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
So the Charger has 90 less HP then the Challenger RE and the results look very similar.....Either someone on the Mopar side forgot where the gas pedal is or there's some nonsense going on.
Nah. The RE is barely faster then the HC even in the 1/4. Means nothing.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Getting back to the point I want to make.. even if you need to add 100 horsepower to the RE to keep up with the GT500 in a roll race.. unless your a professional driver.. on the street or at the track(road course) you’ll literally die trying to keep up with the Shelby in the RE. There’s only so much the challenger can take in a turn. And like gatz said you’d be surprised how fast a real driver can drive them in the corner.. but not only does that take a lot of experience.. it takes really big balls doing like 110 plus in a sweeper curve. Trust me I’ve done 90-100 in sweepers before.. you got to be careful because your like sliding part of the turn because the tires can’t connect the grip of the massive 4500 pounds haha..

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Can I just say one thing.. I was on the back roads the other day.. I have this one spot about 3 miles in length through the woods 2 lane road.. no cars around.. 2 straights about a mile and the other section is 2 opposite slow sweepers left and right.. I was able to take the sweepers pretty easily In 4 gear about 80mph Using paddle shifters And I’m rolling roughly around the 4000rpm mark there.. coming out of the sweepers the car just absolutely rips.. the RE I notice especially in that 60-120 mph sweet spot with the 3.09 gears. It’s just oh my goodness fast.. now this is the 3rd time I’ve hit up this spot.. now I’m not a professional track driver.. but I’d say I’m an experienced amateur.. I think on a road course scenario and Gatz you can correct me if I’m wrong.. but this car with 797hp has just the perfect amount of power on the street.. in the right settings. I use 9/10 to 10/10 of the power on the street.. you know you watch these YouTube videos you always laugh when people say well you can only use 3/10 or 4/10 of the power.. sure that’s true in normal traffic settings.. but I guess what I’m saying is I literally don’t care and wouldn’t be surprised if the gt500 pulls on the Redeye 120 plus.. but man this RE on a nice backroad setting Is literally about as extreme power wise as you will ever need. I think with 900hp like just doing the lower pulley on the car and minor mods I will eventually do that but dang guys.. this car takes the right driver stock power as is..
You got it. With a calm hand and some balls, these will traverse a smooth sweeper pretty well. Matt, if the rubber is silent and your G-Force is under say 1g, she won’t slide unless the surface is shit. It is just about as mean when you nail it at 125+ also! It is lots of fun on the big courses up here. You folks out east should be good on the Daytona Road course, VIR, or Road Atlanta, all those are long enough to allow the Hellcat to perform and the drivers to have fun.

Sweet spot? I sure agree, except I believe the sweet spot exists for a Redeye from about 10 to150! Here last summer on one fine evening, I was practicing my slow to the floor technique on a road near my home. This is just a few seconds from about 55-90.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Yeah i usually am in the .8 - .99 G range in the corner. Once you get to 1g and over it’s questionable on the street if your going to do some skid/sliding.. my max in about 1.05 and 1.08 on the sides
You got it. With a calm hand and some balls, these will traverse a smooth sweeper pretty well. Matt, if the rubber is silent and your G-Force is under say 1g, she won’t slide unless the surface is shit. It is just about as mean when you nail it at 125+ also! It is lots of fun on the big courses up here. You folks out east should be good on the Daytona Road course, VIR, or Road Atlanta, all those are long enough to allow the Hellcat to perform and the drivers to have fun.

Sweet spot? I sure agree, except I believe the sweet spot exists for a Redeye from about 10 to150! Here last summer on one fine evening, I was practicing my slow to the floor technique on a road near my home. This is just a few seconds from about 55-90.

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
Im available if someone wants to race a redeye. Lets put this to bed😎

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I will be at Napierville dragway this weekend with some Canadian members. I hope to see a new GT500 there. I'm not worried.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #27
Im available if someone wants to race a redeye. Lets put this to bed😎
What gears do you have?

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
Standard 2.62 gears.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I think the RE WB is about 200lbs. heavier than a HC & plus a passenger of about 200lbs. would put it about 600lbs. heavier than the Mustang GT 500 with a passenger. That's a lot to over come at almost the same hp.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Well here’s another one and hot damnit now another project
Man they ruined that white charger, I remember the dealership that did that garbage wrap too, idiots.

They had a perfectly good white knuckle charger with stripes that they couldn't sell bc they refused to discount, so they wrapped it lol.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
Well looks like @VARedEye and I are going to have to set the record straight:geek:. The race is on we will update you when we can share the whole truth and nothing but the whole truth:cool:.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
Just did 200 miles of driving today in my GT500 and will be very interesting to say the least when we do a roll race. I wish we had a Redeye with 3.09 gears since I think the Redeye would do much better. One thing for sure the DCT tranny is so fast to downshift and connect that my be the big difference. And truly from me driving the cars separately it is really hard to say the GT500 is that much faster to the point the Redeye feels every bit as fast or faster but time will tell. And here is my posting today on the GT500 Forum.

Just crossed the 2000 mile mark today and damn this car is so fun and just totally bad ass. She is a true haul ass car that just runs away from most others. She just feels like she wants to race race race lol and damn she does just that. The DCT trans is so different and it really can either make you lover her and or hate her. I could definitely see some not being excited about the DCT since it is a really different feel and she slowly goes into gear as you have to give her a fair amount of gas to finalize the trans and motor marrying one another. The 2nd gear is the gear as well when you are slowing soon with the rev matching and makes her really fun. After watching the GT500 take the Redeye I now understand and will know for sure in the next week if she takes the Redeye since I will be roll racing one. The GT500 kicks down I feel extremely fast over my personal Redeye and since my Redeye and the one I am going up against hat 2.62 gears I think this even makes it worse for the Redeye as well. I think a Redeye with 3.09 gears would be a lot closer. For all those waiting hang on its well worth the wait to be given the baddest ass GT500 ever to date.

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
Were on, next friday, monday or tuesday.
You pick and well put this to bed. 😎

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
So what's the race to and from? 40-140, 50-150, 60-130? Looking forward to the results but unfortunately I think the gt500 will take the W by a length, maybe 2 depending on what speed y'all go up to. Either way, I'll take the Red Eye over the gt500 all day, every day.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Go to as fast as you guys dare and I believe the RE does better. More Tq and more HP rules. Just don’t touch the damn paddle shifters!

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Seems like most of the stock dyno numbers I’ve seen posted the gt has an edge in peak horse power numbers

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Well this is exciting! Please give us a race from a dig too :)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
When and where is this all going down? I have the state police on speed dial. You vile law breakers you. And don't end up like this.

I_Hate_These_People.jpg

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
One from 40 would be great if everyone hooks OK.
One from 60 should almost guarantee a true test of "haul ass-ness"
I don't see the RE gaining ground at any point in the contest under 180... so don't even think about it. It's not worth it to find out whether or not the car starts gaining at speeds NOBODY else even cares about...

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #40
One from 40 would be great if everyone hooks OK.
One from 60 should almost guarantee a true test of "haul ass-ness"
I don't see the RE gaining ground at any point in the contest under 180... so don't even think about it. It's not worth it to find out whether or not the car starts gaining at speeds NOBODY else even cares about...
We had planned to meet last Friday but the rains moved in so no go and will have to reschedule hopefully in the next week or so. And yeah we ain't going to get stupid. I am more curious as you have mentioned speeds and see how many car lengths begin.