Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hood bezel removal

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Anyone know how the hood bezels can be safely removed from the dual snorkel redeye hood? Thank you.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Anyone know how the hood bezels can be safely removed from the dual snorkel redeye hood? Thank you.
I would consult a veterinarian..who's specialty is ear nose and throat...but that's just me...and I'm just an idiot

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I just saw a vid on YouTube with “Junkyard Dave” who is doing some paint work on his dual snorkel hood. He’s removed and reinstalled them. Maybe try and contact him on a how-to?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I just saw a vid on YouTube with “Junkyard Dave” who is doing some paint work on his dual snorkel hood. He’s removed and reinstalled them. Maybe try and contact him on a how-to?
Somebody just posted in another thread about doing that. If i see it again I'll post it here. The center scoop one on my car had a tab underneath that you had to release. Once you released that tab, you could pull and rotate the bezel up and out of the hole. there was also a piece of double-sided tape holding it on as well, but that gave way fairly easy. I think it was more there to keep it from rattling.
I'm guessing that your should be similar.

OP
bc_hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Thread Starter #5
Somebody just posted in another thread about doing that. If i see it again I'll post it here. The center scoop one on my car had a tab underneath that you had to release. Once you released that tab, you could pull and rotate the bezel up and out of the hole. there was also a piece of double-sided tape holding it on as well, but that gave way fairly easy. I think it was more there to keep it from rattling.
I'm guessing that your should be similar.
Thank you.