Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hypocritical Car Care People

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I was trying to. The wife said I'll be ready in 3 minutes. So I told her to just come down to the car when ready to go. I grabbed a few tissues to keep my hands cleaner, and wipe the dipstick off with. Headed out to the hotel parking lot, walked to my car, popped the hood, and was having a look, when Genesis boy came over. He started on me right away for having the hood up checking fluids. Then asked what oil I used. I said Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30. He said well I never check my oil level, don't need to, use Amsoil. Change it once a year regardless how many miles you drive, and never need to check it all year long either. Then i shook my car a bit to see the coolant level, looked at the brake fluid and clutch fluid levels, checked the washer fluid, looked for anything loose or wrong, and was about to shut the hood. When he really started on me about amsoil. I had enough by then and stood about 10 inches from him and not quietly, said right into his face FUCK OFF. He finally got the hint and walked off. Wife was just coming out of the hotel, heard my voice, and saw him walking away. She nows to not push me when I am mad, so just got in the car, and off we went. She also knows I don't stay mad long, so probably 10 minutes later, she said to me ' So is everything cool'. I said yup, just needed an idiot to leave me alone, and doing really good with my anger management I think. Old me wouldn't have said a word, just punched him out. New me told him to fuck off, not a punch thrown. She took my hand, leaned over and kissed my cheek, and said good job babe. I've come a long way in my lifetime to how fast I want fight, and also how much idiocy I will put up with. The old me, that would have had a different outcome. I'm actually really proud of myself for listening to 2 minutes of idiot boy yap about Amsoil, and putting me and my car down, without stomping him into the parking lot. I was raised that violence is the answer to everything, and nearly killed by my own father numerous times as a kid. Had a gun shoved in my face probably 100 times by age 10, and my dad actually shot at me a few times, putting 1 in my leg when i was 7. I grew up fighting partly as a survival thing, and fought a lot. My temper is about 0.1% of what it was as a teenager. It isn't always easy, but I have worked hard to get myself under control, and right or wrong, am proud. But a stranger in a hotel parking lot telling me how I need to maintain my own car, that was a good test of my anger management...and I passed with flying colors...he walked away with nothing broken. Maybe too much amsoil koolaid went to his brain, and turned it to mush.
Now I know what oil to get you for your birthday πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
And that will line up with the perfect maintenance reminder. No need to remember a weird date each year for when to change the oil :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
And that will line up with the perfect maintenance reminder. No need to remember a weird date each year for when to change the oil :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
@Whatknot won't have to check his fluids for at least a year πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚. What are friends for?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
@Whatknot won't have to check his fluids for at least a year πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚. What are friends for?
And he could even have his cake at the car right after :LOL:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Amsoil, that's all you needed to say.
Ever since I started using Amsoil the air filter doesn't get dirty anymore, the wiper blades don't need to be replaced, and I haven't had a single flat tire.

Amsoil is good stuff. I may even start using it in the vehicle, not just drinking it.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ever since I started using Amsoil the air filter doesn't get dirty anymore, the wiper blades don't need to be replaced, and I haven't had a single flat tire.

Amsoil is good stuff. I may even start using it in the vehicle, not just drinking it.
But I bet it tastes better than castor oil :ROFLMAO:

And probably helps keep you regular as well :LOL::LOL:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Ditto for me too and thank you:)

OP
W

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #68
I'm all for people using whatever oil they choose. I really don't care. But don't try ramming their stupidity onto others. I don't force others into using mobil 1, or when to change it, check it, or anything else.
I plan in the future to by a Huracan. Will probably change the oil in it when it's just a few days old, and around 1000 miles on it, as I will be driving it home a ways. Then likely just once a year, due to not a lot of miles. I figure especially the first time it will take me a couple of hours. Starting with undoing 50 bolts, dropping a few belly pans, an odd oil filter from the top with a special socket I will have to buy, then draining 8 seperate drain plugs, reinstall it all, and refill with 9 quarts of oil. The mustang takes me 10 minutes, so I would rather just do it when I feel is the right time...not when someone else thinks I should.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Not sure what they call in other parts of the country but here in CT, it's called jealousy. My fleet is constantly criticized. From "Ughhh, I thought you were a Mopar guy, why do you have this Firebird" to "you know you have a scratch in the rear windshield of your Super Bee". WhatKnot - let it go in one ear and out the other. Who cares what people think or say? Watch the movie A Bronx Tale. "Nobody Cares"
Bronx tales is the shit

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was trying to. The wife said I'll be ready in 3 minutes. So I told her to just come down to the car when ready to go. I grabbed a few tissues to keep my hands cleaner, and wipe the dipstick off with. Headed out to the hotel parking lot, walked to my car, popped the hood, and was having a look, when Genesis boy came over. He started on me right away for having the hood up checking fluids. Then asked what oil I used. I said Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30. He said well I never check my oil level, don't need to, use Amsoil. Change it once a year regardless how many miles you drive, and never need to check it all year long either. Then i shook my car a bit to see the coolant level, looked at the brake fluid and clutch fluid levels, checked the washer fluid, looked for anything loose or wrong, and was about to shut the hood. When he really started on me about amsoil. I had enough by then and stood about 10 inches from him and not quietly, said right into his face FUCK OFF. He finally got the hint and walked off. Wife was just coming out of the hotel, heard my voice, and saw him walking away. She nows to not push me when I am mad, so just got in the car, and off we went. She also knows I don't stay mad long, so probably 10 minutes later, she said to me ' So is everything cool'. I said yup, just needed an idiot to leave me alone, and doing really good with my anger management I think. Old me wouldn't have said a word, just punched him out. New me told him to fuck off, not a punch thrown. She took my hand, leaned over and kissed my cheek, and said good job babe. I've come a long way in my lifetime to how fast I want fight, and also how much idiocy I will put up with. The old me, that would have had a different outcome. I'm actually really proud of myself for listening to 2 minutes of idiot boy yap about Amsoil, and putting me and my car down, without stomping him into the parking lot. I was raised that violence is the answer to everything, and nearly killed by my own father numerous times as a kid. Had a gun shoved in my face probably 100 times by age 10, and my dad actually shot at me a few times, putting 1 in my leg when i was 7. I grew up fighting partly as a survival thing, and fought a lot. My temper is about 0.1% of what it was as a teenager. It isn't always easy, but I have worked hard to get myself under control, and right or wrong, am proud. But a stranger in a hotel parking lot telling me how I need to maintain my own car, that was a good test of my anger management...and I passed with flying colors...he walked away with nothing broken. Maybe too much amsoil koolaid went to his brain, and turned it to mush.

I understand where you are coming from

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
For those that would like to exceed the 6,000-mile change interval, there is a way that's even approved by SRT.

Simply switch your odometer to read in kilometers instead, and it'll buy you an extra 213.7 miles per change interval since now you won't have to change until at 10,000 kilometers.
If you keep your car long enough, eventually you will have skipped an oil change.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
runaway tire.gif

OP
W

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #73
OP
W

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #74
Ps. On the upside, one leg was already broken, so he can't blame that on the tire lol