Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I hate thieves

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Happy Tuesday to me......NOT

This is what I walked out to leaving to head to the gym about 45 minutes ago

They cut the brake lines and took all calipers/rotors

Be on the lookout for 2019 Charger Hellcat wheels/tires/brakes from Columbus Ohio area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
How does nobody see this happening where you live? Sorry

OP
CatDaddyB5

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
How does nobody see this happening where you live? Sorry
That’s exactly my thought too. I was raining pretty hard last night so that doesn’t help

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
That s *ucked up

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Damn that so sucks and I feel your pain and anger. Thieves use the rain to do these types of things. I learned this years ago in my business which when we had heavy rains my business would be vandalized and money stolen. The only thing I can see as an upside as long as your insurance covers the theft. Brand new up calipers and bad ass wheels and tires. And not making light of this since I know the feeling all to well. And in today’s world if you caught them in the act and yiu took a baseball bat to them and or even shot them your the bad guy and no lie. Hope you get this resolved and sorry for your lousy day.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
It does look like the darkest corner of the parking lot.Had to be at least three people to make it somewhat timely to pull off. Still at least twenty minutes. What did the cops say about it?

OP
CatDaddyB5

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
It does look like the darkest corner of the parking lot.Had to be at least three people to make it somewhat timely to pull off. Still at least twenty minutes. What did the cops say about it?
There is an overhead light right in front of the car, it’s actually one of the more lit spots. And I’m still waiting on them to get here

OP
CatDaddyB5

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Damn that so sucks and I feel your pain and anger. Thieves use the rain to do these types of things. I learned this years ago in my business which when we had heavy rains my business would be vandalized and money stolen. The only thing I can see as an upside as long as your insurance covers the theft. Brand new up calipers and bad ass wheels and tires. And not making light of this since I know the feeling all to well. And in today’s world if you caught them in the act and yiu took a baseball bat to them and or even shot them your the bad guy and no lie. Hope you get this resolved and sorry for your lousy day.
Yes that’s my thought on it too. I’m waiting for the police to arrive to file a report and then I will be calling insurance. I don’t see why they wouldn’t cover it. I’m already looking into some aftermarket wheels

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes that’s my thought on it too. I’m waiting for the police to arrive to file a report and then I will be calling insurance. I don’t see why they wouldn’t cover it. I’m already looking into some aftermarket wheels

Look into a video Alarm system as well and I know some here have a lot of knowledge of this as well.

OP
CatDaddyB5

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
Look into a video Alarm system as well and I know some here have a lot of knowledge of this as well.
Definitely not a bad idea

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
This had to be a planed theft. Right size blocks and good placement of blocks. Would not be surprised if they even practiced on one of there cars before yours. Very professional .How many miles are on your car?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Bubba Wallace disgruntled crew:whistle:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Wow! No......

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
With todays battery operated tools it’s very easy to accomplish bad things today over many years ago very quickly.

OP
CatDaddyB5

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
This had to be a planed theft. Right size blocks and good placement of blocks. Would not be surprised if they even practiced on one of there cars before yours. Very professional .How many miles are on your car?
The police officers that I spoke with when filing a report said the same thing. They said they always see those sized blocks and placed in a similar fashion. They also said that it used to be a very frequent thing around here but the past 3-4 months it’s been very frequent

OP
CatDaddyB5

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
Almost exactly what I said when I saw it. Something along the lines of “wow, no, wait this can’t be real, I’m dreaming”

OP
CatDaddyB5

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
With todays battery operated tools it’s very easy to accomplish bad things today over many years ago very quickly.
Yes I agree. The officers I spoke with said it was probably 2-3 guys and they were done and gone within 15 minutes max

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Man sorry to hear about this happening to you. With Columbus Ohio being the 14th largest city in the US we have a lot of thieves in this city. Thats why I live outside the city. Things are a little calmer out here. I'm sure your insurance will get this taken care of in a quick manner. Carlyle Racing in Plain City has aftermarket wheels.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hey @CatDaddyB5 you need to start a new thread asking about a good video alarm for your car.

OP
CatDaddyB5

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #20
Man sorry to hear about this happening to you. With Columbus Ohio being the 14th largest city in the US we have a lot of thieves in this city. Thats why I live outside the city. Things are a little calmer out here. I'm sure your insurance will get this taken care of in a quick manner. Carlyle Racing in Plain City has aftermarket wheels.
Yeah I know the guys at Carlyle, I’ve worked in high performance shops around Columbus for years. I hope my insurance sends someone out today so I can get it moved to my dads pole barn and store it until my parts come in