Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I went a little faster! 8.15 @ 170

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
It wasn't pretty, I was on my 3rd supercharger belt and 2nd accessory belt for the day and had only enough nitrous for one last try for a clean pass and I finally got one. My slower passes were with major belt slip issues and then I had 2 abandoned runs.

1st pass I was testing a small 50 shot 2nd stage and it didn't like it, had to abandon the run early.

So I went to undo all my work over Christmas to set it up and got ready for my next pass.

2nd pass, I was placed in the water box for my burn out so I ended up dragging water to the line and spun on the hit. It ended up snapping my SC belt which also took out my accessory belt with it.

Took care of all that and for the 3rd pass, the new belt was slipping badly going down the track. Turns out, I was distracted enough while putting the new belt on that I had it wrapped the wrong way around the adjustable idler.

Fixed that and for the 4th pass, it was going decently well until I got to the big end and the belt started to shred itself, lost a whole rib when it jumped on the last shift. Likely it was compromised from the previous pass but other factors could have played in as well.

Down to my last spare belt, I went for my 5th and final pass and it was clean! I didn't chase the 60' like all the Mustang guys thought I should or could have. They just don't know our plight at our weight and even if I had matched my personal best 60' of 1.19, I doubt that would have been even close to a 7 second pass so why push it I thought?

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #2
I'd say this is pretty much all she's got on the current setup, everything is essentially maxed out. If I want to go faster, I will have to upgrade everything from blower to injectors to my nitrous setup to my fuel delivery system to my suspension to yea just about everything. Even my rear diff needs attention, I'm on my 3rd one in 4 months since switching to a big tire. No broken cases, just burned up LSD's from trying to hold the burn out too long with the big tire while rolling out. I adjusted my technique today to shorten that roll out significantly and that seemed to help. Time will tell.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Amazing time, and trap too!

Congratulations!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Congrats.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Awesome!

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Congrats Z! Thanks for sharing your trials and tribulations story. Lol We’re in the zone where you carry boxes of spare belts and stuff most never even think about. This shit ain’t easy. We’ve been taking the grinder to our $800 billet belt tensioner to keep it from locking up and throwing the belt. I didn’t think that was going to be a expendable part but it’s starting to look like it. Thank you for keeping the value of the 4.5 up so it will still be worth something when the you know what comes out.

Last edited:

FlyByU

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2010 Challenger SRT
Congratz!

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Congrats Z! Thanks for sharing your trials and tribulations story. Lol We’re in the zone where you carry boxes of spare belts and stuff most never even think about. This shit ain’t easy. We’ve been taking the grinder to our $800 billet belt tensioner to keep it from locking up and throwing the belt. I didn’t think that was going to be a expendable part but it’s starting to look like it. Thank you for keeping the value of the 4.5 up so it will still be worth something when the you know what comes out.
I had a couple more spares that I left at home, didn’t think I would need to bring all of them, lol.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I had a couple more spares that I left at home, didn’t think I would need to bring all of them, lol.
First off, Congratulations! That's flat strolling for such a big ol' car.

I owned a ProMod for a few years. It didn't take me long to realize that I needed to take ALL the spares every time! A fellow ProMod racer once told me that "spare parts win races". It didn't take me long to realize exactly what he meant by that!

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
That there is just some crazy shit
Full sized car almost into the 7s

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Looked effortless! (y)

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Great Job! Congratulations!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Appreciate you share your experience.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
WOW! You have that beast hauling!

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Congratulations ZHC! That is badasss. You will break into the 7's soon with that time.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Omg 170mph!!!!!!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I woody Say You did a hell of a job there my friend. Jungle Gym, Fl. It is a great weather fer it to beez,, here and got's to bee there. Great running weather.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hahaha Whats really fun just to put things in perspective..... 135mph in 5 seconds at the 1/8. Calculator says zero to 60 mph is.... 1.06 seconds. :cool:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
It wasn't pretty, I was on my 3rd supercharger belt and 2nd accessory belt for the day and had only enough nitrous for one last try for a clean pass and I finally got one. My slower passes were with major belt slip issues and then I had 2 abandoned runs.

1st pass I was testing a small 50 shot 2nd stage and it didn't like it, had to abandon the run early.

So I went to undo all my work over Christmas to set it up and got ready for my next pass.

2nd pass, I was placed in the water box for my burn out so I ended up dragging water to the line and spun on the hit. It ended up snapping my SC belt which also took out my accessory belt with it.

Took care of all that and for the 3rd pass, the new belt was slipping badly going down the track. Turns out, I was distracted enough while putting the new belt on that I had it wrapped the wrong way around the adjustable idler.

Fixed that and for the 4th pass, it was going decently well until I got to the big end and the belt started to shred itself, lost a whole rib when it jumped on the last shift. Likely it was compromised from the previous pass but other factors could have played in as well.

Down to my last spare belt, I went for my 5th and final pass and it was clean! I didn't chase the 60' like all the Mustang guys thought I should or could have. They just don't know our plight at our weight and even if I had matched my personal best 60' of 1.19, I doubt that would have been even close to a 7 second pass so why push it I thought?

Freaking unbelievable - leaves like a rocket. Good on you man.

launch in suit.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Marc, where exactly are you grinding on the tensioner if you don't mind my asking?