Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Idle hands and minds are the devil's workshop

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
No...not so ...the other way around...
That was SOP before this new legislation...

DavidKFla

6000 Posts Club
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ormond Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
OP
Magnified

Magnified

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #23
Haven't tried the 42 out. Hand size and fitment are a big thing for me and if it doesn't fit well I'll just sell it on (I am an ffl)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Maybe in your commie state.
New legislation was adopted that went into effect Sept1st...all bars ..and food est. that sell liquor..are OFF LIMITS...(read illegal)..no guns under any circumstances...

DavidKFla

6000 Posts Club
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ormond Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
New legislation was adopted that went into effect Sept1st...all bars ..and food est. that sell liquor..are OFF LIMITS...(read illegal)..no guns under any circumstances...
Same thing in North Carolina. Can't carry in any establishment serving alcohol.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I believe the Constitution gives me the right to life...and liberty...I will do my best to protect my life by carrying my weapon at all times...end of discussion...

tigertime

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fair oaks Ranch
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Uhhh...I lie alot...;)

Man you Texas boys are lucky....up here in NY our gun laws are gettin so crazy...(unless yer a bad guy)...now legislation has been passed prohibiting the purchase of ANY semi auto rifle...something as simple as a Ruger 10/22 without a permit..and you guys can have suppressors..highly modified semi autos..you name it..while all our long guns are subject to the insane Safe Act...and now CC handguns are restricted to specifically posted designated facilities..bars..resturants that serve alcohol..schools churches..hospitals...parks..post office..malls..all off limits for law abiding permit holding concealed carry...the powers to be in this state...have lost their fucking minds...:mad::mad::mad:
Haha, oh, good, thought I was going to give you nightmares.

I'm sorry to hear that man, I'm sure it's just a matter of time for the rest of us. Sometimes I do forget how good we have it here in the great united state of Texas. Hell, we get a free 10/22 if we don't cry at the dentists office, as long as we are over five years old.

For a decade or so, I was into 22lr bench shooting. I've got a hand built Tony Kidd 10/22 clone that is mind boggling accurate, one hole groups all day long.

tigertime

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fair oaks Ranch
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Unless an establishment or function specifically posts that CC is welcomed...you could be subject to prosecution...so now the criminal element has a free pass...no armed resistance from the good guys...crazy...
Right on the front door of my business is a decal that says "We appreciate you keeping us safe, carry weapons welcome". Now and again I'll get a complaint from some folks (usually from a State I shall not name), but normally it's a thumbs up and a smile.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Right on the front door of my business is a decal that says "We appreciate you keeping us safe, carry weapons welcome". Now and again I'll get a complaint from some folks (usually from a State I shall not name), but normally it's a thumbs up and a smile.
As it should be...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
No Comments!! BUT....I'm 100% sure I'm on many many lists:cool::cool::cool::cool:

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Haven't tried the 42 out. Hand size and fitment are a big thing for me and if it doesn't fit well I'll just sell it on (I am an ffl)
Skip .380 entirely. Look at a 43x if you're worried about hand size. It's basically a slim G19.
You can, you just can't consume. Signs do carry the weight of law, however, and many establishments have signage.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Member ID
Reactions
City
North Hampton
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6
Skip .380 entirely. Look at a 43x if you're worried about hand size. It's basically a slim G19.

You can, you just can't consume. Signs do carry the weight of law, however, and many establishments have signage.
As I said before, I love Glocks, had a 34G3, now have a 34G4 and a 17G4 Open. Love them.

When it first came out I was about to buy the 43. I just finished an IDPA match and there was an extra stage for anyone who brought a BUG. A guy offered to let me use his 43 and holster but I had to use the light competition loads from my 34. I was allowed to test function and it failed to properly extract and eject almost every shot. A woman offered her Shield and holster, it ate my light loads just fine. I won the bug stage with her gun.

I use the Shield at plate rack shoots every couple months just to keep familiar with it. I use all different light loads for my 34, carbine, other crap laying around, and the Shield eats is all. Occasionally the load is to light to get the slide to lock back on an empty mag, but it cycles and fires every time. No going back.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
I'm not worried about my hand size except relative to the gun. Want to try it out for CC purposes, check the fit, feel, pull. Size of handgun itself for me is critical bc of suits and even more common cargo shorts saddles and fishing shirts.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
For those who want a challenge, see if you can find a 42 for less than 399.

Member ID
Reactions
City
North Hampton
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6
For those who want a challenge, see if you can find a 42 for less than 399.
There is a reason for that.

I picked up a Ruger LCP .380 all scratched up for $125. Great to drop in the pocket if you are in shorts and a T-Shirt. But is is not that much easier to carry than the Shield.

If I had to do it all over again now I'd look at one of the higher capacity compacts. I'd look at the new Shield first.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

9000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #38
I should have stated "new." I tend to buy new (just habit, nothing wrong with old, worn, well-maintained fire arms).

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I'm not worried about my hand size except relative to the gun. Want to try it out for CC purposes, check the fit, feel, pull. Size of handgun itself for me is critical bc of suits and even more common cargo shorts saddles and fishing shirts.
Understand. I wasn't picking on your hand size, but rather how much more comfortable a longer grip is, for me at least. I have a 43 and have to run an extension just to get my pinky to barely fit.

I do have a Shield PC as well, which 2nd is lauding. I tend to carry that less than my P365 or 19.3, but that's my preference.

Member ID
Reactions
City
North Hampton
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6
The extra capacity of the 365 is nice, the 19 is getting a bit large for cc. Lately I have been using a pocket holster and carrying in my front pocket. No need for an overgarment (especially convenient in summer), easier to drop in a pocket than clip onto a belt, more comfortable in the car. The single stack is better suited for that. For IWB, a 365, Shield Plus, or similar hi cap compact is an excellent idea.

What we are debating here are personal preferences, the only important thing is that we carry whenever possible, pay attention to what is around us, become proficient, and shoot a lot to stay proficient. :) I'm I big fan of competition for skill development, IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge and plate racks.

20220928_105446.jpg