Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Insane Prices

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
A couple times a week I take a late nite ride to check out new car dealer lots.....all summer long most of the area Mopar dealers had little or no SRT inventory...now in the dead of winter..all have multiple units on the lot...Scat Packs..HC..and even a F8 green Jailbreak I spotted tonight...It was a wide body with the T/A style black stripe down the side..hood pins..and silver wheels.and black interior..(looked awesome)..I was shocked when I saw the window sticker...almost 99g's..now I never really followed pricing for these things as I don't want or need one...but almost 6 figures for a JB..that's sticker who knows what ADM is (if any)..is insane...It may even be an ordered and sold car...regardless..that's crazy money...especially when the Bowtie dealer next door had a new ZL1 camaro on the lot for 25g's less...If I wasn't brand loyal..and just wanted a fast street toy...I'd be wearin a bowtie

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
A couple times a week I take a late nite ride to check out new car dealer lots.....all summer long most of the area Mopar dealers had little or no SRT inventory...now in the dead of winter..all have multiple units on the lot...Scat Packs..HC..and even a F8 green Jailbreak I spotted tonight...It was a wide body with the T/A style black stripe down the side..hood pins..and silver wheels.and black interior..(looked awesome)..I was shocked when I saw the window sticker...almost 99g's..now I never really followed pricing for these things as I don't want or need one...but almost 6 figures for a JB..that's sticker who knows what ADM is (if any)..is insane...It may even be an ordered and sold car...regardless..that's crazy money...especially when the Bowtie dealer next door had a new ZL1 camaro on the lot for 25g's less...If I wasn't brand loyal..and just wanted a fast street toy...I'd be wearin a bowtie
Easy fella easy

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
the chevy could be 50gs less and and I still wouldn't look at

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
New car prices have been insane if you think about. What has been the saving grace is the discounts on our cars. Beginning of 2020 I was looking at a T/A with a 54k sticker on it. It had 12k in discounts. When June rolled around and we were ready to trade the Challenger in for a new one all the discounts were about gone so we kept what we had

I see some cars for sale 20, 21 models and the price they are asking is probably more then what they paid for it if they had some discounts

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I have a 2016 Cat with 2000 miles on it ( my Sunday breakfast ride )
I was offered 75K this spring & turned it down
Not too many of these things floating around in Canada
I m seeing Scat paks in the 80 s here

Been trying to get a line on a Ghost over here
Good fucken luck
Build the cars 3 hours away & the dealers have no info to date
WTF

FJT

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have a 2016 Cat with 2000 miles on it ( my Sunday breakfast ride )
I was offered 75K this spring & turned it down
Not too many of these things floating around in Canada
I m seeing Scat paks in the 80 s here

Been trying to get a line on a Ghost over here
Good fucken luck
Build the cars 3 hours away & the dealers have no info to date
WTF

FJT
Life is all about what is important to you. For some it is the money for other it is what the money can buy. I would rather have my Hellcat then the money

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I saw some loaded up Super Stocks, on a dealers lot, over $100K in 2021.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
It may even be an ordered and sold car...regardless..that's crazy money...especially when the Bowtie dealer next door had a new ZL1 camaro on the lot for 25g's less...If I wasn't brand loyal..and just wanted a fast street toy...I'd be wearin a bowtie
I can understand being loyal to your wife, kids, parents, friends etc. but being loyal to a car manufacturer just doesn't compute. What the hell has that car manufacturer done for you to deserve your loyalty. That's like being loyal to a political party that has fucked you over time and again.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
I saw some loaded up Super Stocks, on a dealers lot, over $100K in 2021.
Crazy...but then again..in 18...I shelled out 99 OTD for a demon...

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
I can understand being loyal to your wife, kids, parents, friends etc. but being loyal to a car manufacturer just doesn't compute. What the hell has that car manufacturer done for you to deserve your loyalty. That's like being loyal to a political party that has fucked you over time and again.
Maybe loyal is not the way to describe it...I "like" their product....like Heinz vs Hunts Catsup...;););)

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
If you’re not brand loyal it makes perfect sense but I can’t do Chevys. 👎

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You can't see shit out of the Camaro.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
My wife can....I cant...:oops:;)...but then again..I heard she did alotta things before I married her

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #14

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Loyalty doesn't have to mean they did something for you. It can mean that is the car company that you like what they make. I have been into Mopars since before I could drive. There are different reasons you can like a certain brand. There are people that jump around around cause brand x makes more power this year. I'm more into staying with one. I have went out of Dodge because they made no rear wheel drive cars for awhile so for what I wanted to do they didn't have. Even by not making anything again there are plenty of used 2006 up cars that could be bought. Was also nice not having a chevy like most around you

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My wife can....I cant...:oops:;)...but then again..I heard she did alotta things before I married her
YES, yes she did :unsure::whistle:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I guess that you were a virgin until you were married?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You can't see shit out of the Camaro.
I didn't care for the seats either, seemed narrow and too short. Just couldn't get comfortable in the car, couldn't see crap out the back so I never even took it for a test drive.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I didn't care for the seats either, seemed narrow and too short. Just couldn't get comfortable in the car, couldn't see crap out the back so I never even took it for a test drive.
I sat in a ZL1 on the showroom floor. Got in and right out.