Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

JLT CAI on a 2021 RE?

Boricuoso787

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Has anyone successfully installed JLT’s CAI-HC-15 intake on a 2021 RE without having to modify the airbox?

Back story: I contacted the folks at JLT before pulling the trigger on the purchase to ensure it’d fit my 2021 since the kit is specifically marketed for 15’-19’. The “rain guards” don’t match the RE’s hood vents, and the aluminum AC condenser line that runs on the driver’s side has barely any give to squeeze that huge airbox in place. They assured me that with a little patience it would fit, and I quote, “without any problems”.

Well, not so much. That AC line is going no where. I’ve removed the driver side valve cover to buy a couple more inches to scoot the AC line over (as carefully as possible) out of the airbox’s way, and it still seems to almost need about a 10 degree bend in it in order to fit around that giant airbox. I contacted JLT about the issue after they assured me it’d fit and they insisted they have installed it on several RE’s..... and sent me a few pictures of installs on Chargers, and a few older HC’s. I’m just not buying it fitting 2021 RE’s given the lack of install pics I’ve seen - or - they HAVE installed them on RE’s.... just not 2021’s.

Never one to back down from a challenge, I resorted to measuring and cutting out a channel in the airbox where that AC line would tuck alongside the airbox that I’m going to plastic weld over in order to make this sucker fit. It WILL happen.

The whole argument as to whether or not CAI’s do anything for performance aside, it’s just baffling me that when it comes to this install, either I’m doing something very wrong... or this thing just won’t fit a 2021 without modification.

Any insight?

I’ll post a few pics of my jerry rigged, I mean custom airbox once I complete the plastic weld and fit and finish.

Thanks in advance for reading.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Sell the modification.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I’m using the LMI just Wide Open. Sounds great 👍😄. The amount of whine gained is worth it even if there’s only maybe a 10whp gain from just bolting it on. The Redeye whine is even more intoxicating than the charger Hellcat with the BWoody. The Bwoody Soundtrack is nice too. But the LMI paired with Redeye is where it’s at IMO. I do like JLT products though quality stuff.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City