Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

jon moored tuning my experience,,WHO IS THIS UNKNOWN ??

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
i wanted to tell my experience today with jon moored ,i had a hellcat brought up from Alabama for a transmission ,but upon raising the car up (2017 charger hellcat) i found a broken driveshaft and notified the customer that he needed one and most likely the trans would be fine ,in the mean while the customer asked if i could look at the car for an idle issue cold ,so i told him i would ,,car originally came in with the battery dead as well ,we got driveshaft installed and trans turns out ok ,i scanned the car and there were all types of faults ,steering angle sensor was off (car recently had a motor installed ,so i reset that and realigned the steering wheel and all faults pertaining to the angle sensor were corrected ,,i also noticed the car had a 112 kong throttle body ,as some know i ran a kong 112 on my car so i have no issue with it but my car is track only not street driven and this car was a 93 tuned car 3,15 upper and 10% lower and yes when it was cold it hesitated badly ,i recommended the customer go to a stock throttle body and also recommended retuning it as well as in the logs the car was lean trans did work good and the tune in it was a decent tune from a well known tuner ,but i recommended lets redo it engine and trans ,i decided to give this tuning job to jon moored ,i do know him but have little experience with him so i honestly wanted to see this guy in action .i gave him the calibration in the car and an idle log and i requested he make trans adjustments as well i honestly knew the trans would be fine but i wanted to see his thinking ,,as yall know ive used a few of the best tuners in the business ,he sends me a revision and right away the short and long terms fuel trims are within 3 percent ,,he asked me to do a ten minute drive so he could get more data ,as soon as i take off and feel the shifts (normal mode ) im like wtf it shifts Beautiful im watching fuel trims and they are spot on ,so i decide to see sport mode and damn its clicking them too ,track mode and so on ,he makes one more revision and its ready ,,,guys some may already know this but this young man has got the goods so dont be afraid to reach out to him ,it takes a lot to impress me

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
i wanted to tell my experience today with jon moored ,i had a hellcat brought up from Alabama for a transmission ,but upon raising the car up (2017 charger hellcat) i found a broken driveshaft and notified the customer that he needed one and most likely the trans would be fine ,in the mean while the customer asked if i could look at the car for an idle issue cold ,so i told him i would ,,car originally came in with the battery dead as well ,we got driveshaft installed and trans turns out ok ,i scanned the car and there were all types of faults ,steering angle sensor was off (car recently had a motor installed ,so i reset that and realigned the steering wheel and all faults pertaining to the angle sensor were corrected ,,i also noticed the car had a 112 kong throttle body ,as some know i ran a kong 112 on my car so i have no issue with it but my car is track only not street driven and this car was a 93 tuned car 3,15 upper and 10% lower and yes when it was cold it hesitated badly ,i recommended the customer go to a stock throttle body and also recommended retuning it as well as in the logs the car was lean trans did work good and the tune in it was a decent tune from a well known tuner ,but i recommended lets redo it engine and trans ,i decided to give this tuning job to jon moored ,i do know him but have little experience with him so i honestly wanted to see this guy in action .i gave him the calibration in the car and an idle log and i requested he make trans adjustments as well i honestly knew the trans would be fine but i wanted to see his thinking ,,as yall know ive used a few of the best tuners in the business ,he sends me a revision and right away the short and long terms fuel trims are within 3 percent ,,he asked me to do a ten minute drive so he could get more data ,as soon as i take off and feel the shifts (normal mode ) im like wtf it shifts Beautiful im watching fuel trims and they are spot on ,so i decide to see sport mode and damn its clicking them too ,track mode and so on ,he makes one more revision and its ready ,,,guys some may already know this but this young man has got the goods so dont be afraid to reach out to him ,it takes a lot to impress me
There’s going too be a lot more people looking at Jon ! Fast response time and attention to detail is great.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Good to hear the feedback / review!

Now if we can just keep him from getting too big and suffering the typical growth fail of the other places we've seen over the years....

; )

@Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Good to hear the feedback / review!

Now if we can just keep him from getting too big and suffering the typical growth fail of the other places we've seen over the years....

; )

@Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC
Tell it brother

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I heard of him, he used to ride his bike through my yard:rolleyes:

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #6

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
@hellno you saw his work 1st hand on Jim's car:p

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #8
@hellno you saw his work 1st hand on Jim's car:p
That’s true in a sense but I wanted to first hand experience on an unknown car 😁 had to see if the youngster was up to snuff🤣

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
He texted me a little while ago about this car and who tuned it. I can tell you he has fixed many others botched tunes from tuners I thought were good. He is the only one ever tuning my car:cool:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
He tuned my dog of a 2019 Redeye Challenger and retuned my HHP tuned Hellcat Challenger. Both cars are animals now. I thought they we fast before but I was wrong. We are going E85 on the Redeye in a couple weeks so I look forward to some serious fun.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thanks for the kind words Dave and everyone else. I'm just hear having fun and hoping everyone else is having fun with me. Whole reason I got into cars is because it was a great stress relief and a 180 from my day job (so I thought).

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Also great to see you popping in on the forum again

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
He tuned my dog of a 2019 Redeye Challenger and retuned my HHP tuned Hellcat Challenger. Both cars are animals now. I thought they we fast before but I was wrong. We are going E85 on the Redeye in a couple weeks so I look forward to some serious fun.
Man...you get to have all the fun...:giggle::giggle:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
He has been nothing but first class, quick, almost magic quick and responsive to me over the past 4-6 weeks. He has taken on the challenge of being one of the first to work on something real new and hard! I have several versions of my RE tune to try on a road course this weekend! Plus, I believe I am one of the first to utilize the new HP Tuners App for a phone that uses Bluetooth to read/write/log while sending the info to Jon as quick as I can drive laps! He is one sharp dude. Thanks @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC for what you are doing for us, Sir!

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
He tunes the new Whipple 3.0 as well. One night (yes night, like till 11 pm) of remote tuning support and my M6 Cat was putting down 5.22 60-130 and 10.8 143 1/4’s on the street on 20” 305’s!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

6A7E28CD-CBB6-4321-8FED-BE0907D68837.png 6C46C7B5-BD04-48E8-BBEC-63C9384E8EDC.jpeg 9F3E6847-7C35-4649-8A3B-31B57FE07202.jpeg D300C408-C40F-478D-8ED5-C8F6A911210C.jpeg 071B0EDD-8615-4845-936D-7F642BD040B0.jpeg A99B9752-35ED-412A-8797-9A6527BD0DD2.jpeg

👍👍

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
How about this one at 6am? I wanted to just touch base sometime in the next two days to go over what we have in real time and not just do emotionless typing. Right, we just talked!

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
I don't even have my PCM back from HP Tuners yet and Jon's been extremely responsive (yes, even at 11pm). We haven't even started yet and I'm impressed. So glad I reached out to him.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
After kicking the tires for a couple of months getting started I finally signed with Jon last night.
He's going to be working on my existing 10.50 tune and then my 10.0 tune.
I'm hoping that he can help me with the connectivity issues that I have been having with the app because I don't want to carry a laptop in the car.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States