Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Just a thought as a new guy,

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
I bought this car as a play car.... a fast, show, play car. That's why I didn't spend 20K more for 200 HP more.

What do people really expect? Why such major changes? Its crazy fast, slides sideways at a blip.

Lots of talk about nothing but problems. What should I expect to go wrong just leaving it alone?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I bought this car as a play car.... a fast, show, play car. That's why I didn't spend 20K more for 200 HP more.

What do people really expect? Why such major changes? Its crazy fast, slides sideways at a blip.

Lots of talk about nothing but problems. What should I expect to go wrong just leaving it alone?

I think tires are deficient on these things...they seem to go bald pretty quick. Well.....the rear ones at least :)
Hope you enjoy the car.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Talk about what problems? I see nothing but love for these machines whether stock or modified. Enjoy!

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I think you're gonna have the same problem I have, I simply need more horsepower!

OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
Thread Starter #5
Appreciate the responses , but my question was wide for a reason, I want your thoughts not mine. Just why do you buy this at 485 when 20K more you could be 797, so what's your purpose.

I'm very happy leaving this one stock. WB 6M is fun as hell. Don't need more, tickling the edges maybe, but not dropping the motor for 426 etc......

Really, dodge has done it. 485, 707, 797, 840, all sitting out there.

I am playing with different cars for restoration and fun.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I bought mine to drive it daily...not a weekend only car (nothing wrong with that though). I decided to leave mine stock. I think Dodge nailed the play between driveability and the insane. For me, switching to the PS4s really made a difference in ride comfort. The feeling of anticipation and excitement everytime I drive is priceless to me. Coming up on 2 years and 13,000 miles. Merry Christmas Designflaw...love the Trans Am.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX

The Challenger and Charger Scat Pack are an amazing value. The only reason I’m in a Hellcat was finding a leftover 2016 back in 2017 for 392 money. Had I not found this car, I’d be in a Charger 392 right now.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hey, wat's wrong with this buy?? Nothing as far as I can sea. Great purchases as I can tell. Fell good about it.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I use mine for jackassery on the street and et drag racing .
I'm keeping my Scat and buying a Cat also.
Wheels and tires will all go back and forth.
Not too sure how much et racing I'll do with the Cat as I think my times will move me up into pro class and I can barely hang in sportsman.
But I'm thinking the jackassery on the street will be a lot more fun in the cat!

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Traded up, because as stated above, always need more horsepower.
But, mine is a daily driver.
Doing little things to it as I want to keep warranty (some don't care about that, but that's their wants).
Changed wheels, tires, and added flares for looks and performance.
Tires are like looking for the best carry piece; always searching for something better.
Cars are beautiful, whether it's an SXT, R/T, SCAT, 392, GT, HELLCAT/REDEYE, or DEMON.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Lots of talk about nothing but problems? Where? Tbh ive had the 485 and the 707 and had zero problems with either leaving them stock. Is there a common theme out there about issues that ive somehow missed? Ive been here for a few yrs now and nothing is really ringing a bell.
Dont forget that most people will only whine when theyre unhappy and never say a word when theyre happy. I’d be willing to bet that there a lot more happy than unhappy out here.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I bought my used 2016 HC Challenger 6M in 2018 with only 878 miles on it. Why? Because I can. Am I using the car to it's full potential? No, because I don't want to die. But it sure is a fun car. If I bought a scat pack I would have been happy but would have always wondered "shit, should I have just bitten the bullet and bought a HC? I'm VERY happy I bought this car.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I bought my used 2016 HC Challenger 6M in 2018 with only 878 miles on it. Why? Because I can. Am I using the car to it's full potential? No, because I don't want to die. But it sure is a fun car. If I bought a scat pack I would have been happy but would have always wondered "shit, should I have just bitten the bullet and bought a HC? I'm VERY happy I bought this car.
Similar thinking...if I am going to do this...Hellcat or nothing. Go big or go home. No regrets...in absolute love with this vehicle. Picked up 30 pounds of chocolates for my business (holiday gifts). Car is very capable as a daily driver with an insane twist. Nothing else like it IMHO.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I bought my 1320 for several reasons. First was what it offered over the regular Scat Pack (ie: several hundred pounds lighter, and the drag pack items) which all increase the fun factor for me and get it closer to SS Camaro territory on the drag strip. I don't take the car to the strip all the time, but I like that I was able to get certain things on the car that I didn't have to go to the aftermarket and buy right away. Second was price. I got a really good deal on my 1320, and I had a limit on how much I wanted to spend per month. I simply didn't want to spend the other $20k on a Hellcat. What I'd really like to see is Dodge to make a 1320 with a Hellcat engine, or better yet, the RE engine, because that would put us much closer to Demon territory while they could still retain the Demon exclusivity.
I love driving my 1320....so much so, that I'm selling my dedicated drag car (yes, I've become spoiled by the creature comforts and a warranty). The 485 hp is enough for me right now. The car being several hundred pounds lighter helps it move out a little faster. I've considered putting a Procharger or Vortec on it which would put me close to HC power for still less than the $20k of the HC.
So....to keep the HC villagers from coming after me with their pitchforks and torches, I'm going to put it out there...yes....I like the HC and the RE. Yes, I'd like to have either one...but...for me....I wasn't willing to pay the buy-in price.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
The Challenger and Charger Scat Pack are an amazing value. The only reason I’m in a Hellcat was finding a leftover 2016 back in 2017 for 392 money. Had I not found this car, I’d be in a Charger 392 right now.
Similiar for me. I was looking at Durango SRT when I bought my 16 HC last year. Now that I have my 20' SRTD, I'll probably let my Charger go, just like my 300SRT. 4 cars that only I drive is a bit much at this time.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Sell em all and buy what you want. What I did, sold 2 vettes, 1 Z28, and 1 F250. Bought a brand new 2018 H/C with everything on it. I don't even know how to use it, but trade in some one will. Before it breaks.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That's why I didn't spend 20K more for 200 HP more.

Dang it, you have a point there. Now I realize that I could've saved 20K.

But I'll do better than that. I'll get an SXT and save 40K. So there.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ah hell, just get a GT500, drive it once, and send it back. Broke.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Dang it, you have a point there. Now I realize that I could've saved 20K.

But I'll do better than that. I'll get an SXT and save 40K. So there.
Or.....you could save even more and get one of these. Truly the high water mark of Dodge performance :)

1978_challenger-ad.jpg

Attachments

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions