Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Just a thought

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
I parked far away from the crowd at the mall today. came back to my car, found a screw in the tire tread and both valve caps missing from the right side, 12 PSI low in front right, and only 7 PSI total in rear right with the screw. No idea what all happened.

So, I advise you not to park far from the doors if you are in an area largely populated by mischievous people.

I got the tire filled, got home, and everything's fine, the tire store is almost far enough away to be walking distance. (Yes you read that right, it is very close) and I got a compressor at home.

Getting Amsoil in the tranny and pumpkin tomorrow, pumpkin gets the LSD additive first, also from Amsoil.

The tire store is about 200 yards from the garage.

AND, when digging in glove box, I realized I didn't have my registration and insurance in the car. Remedied that.

And bought some of the best flat preventer out there. (Hint: it's not green.) it's getting sent from Amazon.

Thank God, life is good. I mean, it's really, really good.

Last edited:

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Sorry to hear! Hard to avoid idiots and criminals in our current world. Pretty sad.

REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Lots of jealous folks out there. Glad they didn't cause any other problems to your car.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
That sounds like some serious mischief! The mall may have cameras in the lot. You should report this. That is bullshit! They wanted to harm at least one tire and potentially cause you some great harm.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I carry a low deductable and very high coverage on this car for reasons just like this. People can really suck.

Population density and average income could be an contributing factor to your experience... or just the tainted water in Flint.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I grabbed an identical set of valve stem caps off my rental car. I think it was a Kia. I replaced them with a parts store set that were very close. No one was the wiser. They are the cheapo gray plastic kind they used in 2016. Are they using the same types now? As far as vandals go I am a firm believer in the right to hang them by their underwear on the nearest fence.

Last edited:

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Haters... :mad:

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Man that sucks.
As stated above, get with the security to check video.

Member ID
Reactions
City
K
State
IA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
And bought some of the best flat preventer out there. (Hint: it's not green.) it's getting sent from Amazon
What did you get??? I haven't bothered getting that stuff yet and been lucky so far. Let me know!

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I’m taking my hellcat emblems off so my car blends in with all the other beaters out there 😂😂

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I’m taking my hellcat emblems off so my car blends in with all the other beaters out there 😂😂
Exactly...mine are going to say SXT.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
I parked far away from the crowd at the mall today. came back to my car, found a screw in the tire tread and both valve caps missing from the right side, 12 PSI low in front right, and only 7 PSI total in rear right with the screw. No idea what all happened.

So, I advise you not to park far from the doors if you are in an area largely populated by mischievous people.

I got the tire filled, got home, and everything's fine, the tire store is almost far enough away to be walking distance. (Yes you read that right, it is very close) and I got a compressor at home.

Getting Amsoil in the tranny and pumpkin tomorrow, pumpkin gets the LSD additive first, also from Amsoil.

AND, when digging in glove box, I realized I didn't have my registration and insurance in the car. Remedied that.

And bought some of the best flat preventer out there. (Hint: it's not green.) it's getting sent from Amazon.

Reminds me of a moment I experienced years ago when I had a Corvette (yes, I had a high performance bow tie at one time with these jaw dropping numbers, Horsepower 190 bhp @ 4200 rpm and Torque280 lb-ft.) :LOL:

If those numbers don't make your a-hole pucker, nothing will... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Anyway.... one day I parked my Vette at the extreme end of a department store parking lot in the ding free zone. Then I walked to the store entrance, all the while looking back at my sparkling baby getting further away with every step I took.

While I was on my long quest to get to the store entrance, I noticed a guy in the parking lot that just seemed a little suspicious. So I kept one eye on this guy. When I got to the entrance doors, I went inside but, stayed at the doors watching this guy.

After a few minutes, the guy appeared at my car and was doing something to it around the drivers side windshield. I jumped into action and lickety-split, I was back to my car behind this guy before he ever had a clue that I was there.

I dropped the hammer on this guy. Jacked him up, pulled him away from my car, and I was poised to punch this pr*ck square in the face. It was GO TIME.

The guy started screaming, yelling, praying, or whatever at that point but, I did manage to catch the words "Corvette Club" blurted out though all his graveling.

As it turned out, he was the president of a local Corvette Club and he was placing a invite to the next meeting under my wiper blade.

After our blood pressures had come back to normal levels, we had some laughs but, something tells me he couldn't wait to get home to change his shorts. :LOL::LOL:

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just waiting for some dip-sh*t to think that the RED eye in the Hellcat badge is a ruby and try to pop it out for the great heist (Grand theft plastic). :oops::oops:

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Huh, what a weird way to hate on someone's success. Screw in tire tread and missing valve stems?

Not knocking your story, but are you sure you didn't hit something going to the mall?

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

Oh, one last comment on this.

Past experiences have taught me to walk completely around my vehicles whenever I have left them in a parking lot for any amount of time.

Not only am I scanning for dings or unusual things, I take particular notice to the front and backside of each tire.

Some devious jealous d*cks have used the tactic of placing screws, nails, etc. in front of or behind the tires, propped up between the ground and tire tread grooves so that when you move forward or backwards out of the parking space, you push the offending puncture device into your own tire.

One trip around your car may save you a lot of trouble and alert you to bad activity (assholes) in the area. :mad:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh, one last comment on this.

Past experiences have taught me to walk completely around my vehicles whenever I have left them in a parking lot for any amount of time.

Not only am I scanning for dings or unusual things, I take particular notice to the front and backside of each tire.

Some devious jealous d*cks have used the tactic of placing screws, nails, etc. in front of or behind the tires, propped up between the ground and tire tread grooves so that when you move forward or backwards out of the parking space, you push the offending puncture device into your own tire.

One trip around your car may save you a lot of trouble and alert you to bad activity (assholes) in the area. :mad:
Agree, sad but true. Sometimes we do not drive the fun car or motorcycle for reasons like that or other safety concerns in route.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Agree, sad but true. Sometimes we do not drive the fun car or motorcycle for reasons like that or other safety concerns in route.
Absolutely. I can't even begin to count all the times I drove the beater to places instead of the nice car or motorcycle I had at the time.

Hell, my wife won't even let me drive the RE to locations for lunch or dinner for fear that it will get dinged or damaged somehow.

Why people have to do the things they do is beyond me. [dunno] [dunno] [dunno]

Do they really think that a nice car hasn't been earned with hard work by the owner, so they have to scratch it or damage it in some way to show their disapproval and jealousy?

RIDICULOUS!!! :mad::mad::mad:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Absolutely. I can't even begin to count all the times I drove the beater to places instead of the nice car or motorcycle I had at the time.

Hell, my wife won't even let me drive the RE to locations for lunch or dinner for fear that it will get dinged or damaged somehow.

Why people have to do the things they do is beyond me. [dunno] [dunno] [dunno]

Do they really think that a nice car hasn't been earned with hard work by the owner, so they have to scratch it or damage it in some way to show their disapproval and jealousy?

RIDICULOUS!!! :mad::mad::mad:
Plus all the crazy driving. I have been caught up recovering and watching bad weather for most of the holidays. Been viewing some YouTube on stupid driving and wrecks caught on camera. Damn, I may just trailer the RE to tracks and have fun driving there! Those are the safest places! Definitely makes me want to ride the bike less which is a shame. I really enjoy the freedom, view, sounds and being outside on a motorcycle on a nice day.

Just looking at the NTPD checking everyone entering the celebration areas for tonight, and their other items to keep people safe. Hope everyone has fun and a good night.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Plus all the crazy driving. I have been caught up recovering and watching bad weather for most of the holidays. Been viewing some YouTube on stupid driving and wrecks caught on camera. Damn, I may just trailer the RE to tracks and have fun driving there! Those are the safest places! Definitely makes me want to ride the bike less which is a shame. I really enjoy the freedom, view, sounds and being outside on a motorcycle on a nice day.

Just looking at the NTPD checking everyone entering the celebration areas for tonight, and their other items to keep people safe. Hope everyone has fun and a good night.

I stopped riding my bikes when the wife stopped riding with me. She was just too scared and I couldn't much blame her. [sad] [sad] [sad]

The last two bikes I had were a Yamaha XS1100 all tricked out and fast as hell along with a Honda GL1100 Goldwing Aspencade at the same time for cruising in comfort. Countless others before them.

My whole family used to ride as a group. Mother, Father, Brother, Sister In-law, Brother In-law, their spouses, and lots of friends. Mom & Dad on a HOG.

Used to enjoy the rides up in to the mountains. Long winding roads. Not a care in the world. Very peaceful. Those were the days. :):):)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Sorry to hear! Hard to avoid idiots and criminals in our current world. Pretty sad.
None of my cars are DD...we take my truck or my wifes car..(I hate that thing)..I have NEVER parked my car where I cant see it...EVER...like the story goes...I'm an idiot..so what