Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Lil Devils

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Pass side looks great comparatively speaking, other than color match, but drivers side is quite far from outstanding.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #262
Yes, of course. Pass side fit is fine. Latest version btw, with magnets.
The step I missed first attempt was tapping the flair during the install. Made a big difference for me.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Yes sir, tried that. If I close up the top, the side gets wider, and vice versa.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #264
Yes sir, tried that. If I close up the top, the side gets wider, and vice versa.
Pictures plz.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Last page, post 257.

Davoo376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
These are the rivets you need:
https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-fender-liner-rivet-6504737
I wasn’t too happy with the rear fitment initially. The front of the rear flare didn’t seem to sit as flush as the rest of the flare. I was able to adjust it by shifting the flare around a little and riveting it into place.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Thanks for the rivet info Davoo. The rear flares are attached primarily with magnets using those push in plastic pins (not rivets) at the bottoms of both front and rear of the flare. No wiggle room gained by influencing them as the fit on those pins is a bit sloppy.

Davoo376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
Thanks for the rivet info Davoo. The rear flares are attached primarily with magnets using those push in plastic pins (not rivets) at the bottoms of both front and rear of the flare. No wiggle room gained by influencing them as the fit on those pins is a bit sloppy.
The rivets are real tight so you might have better luck with those to get better fitment on the rears. Those push pins are garbage and went immediately into the trash can.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Worth a try for sure as the pins are crap, thanks again.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Worth a try for sure as the pins are crap, thanks again.
Can you drill out the holes in the flares a little bigger to take out the slack or the bow that your getting ?.... when you are locking it in place.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Can you drill out the holes in the flares a little bigger to take out the slack or the bow that your getting ?.... when you are locking it in place.
Im really surprised at all the fitment issues...I got the old style painted..they went on perfectly..and fit tighter than a nuns private parts...have had em on two years now with no problems...(y)

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Im really surprised at all the fitment issues...I got the old style painted..they went on perfectly..and fit tighter than a nuns private parts...have had em on two years now with no problems...(y)
Lucky man.
My rear flare fitment sucks.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I believe I can tighten up the fit towards the rear of the wheel well by double face taping the wheel well liner to the frame. Doing that seems to pull the bumper cover inboard and tightening up the fit between the flare, bumper cover and quarter panel. Im going to grab some tape tomorrow and update you guys. When the plastic rivet tool arrives I’ll use it to mount the fronts and re-secure the rears. In the meantime what film are you guys using to prevent rocks from hammering the finish on these? Thanks.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
So after messing a bit with it using some Scotch brand double sided tape I was able to tighten the fit of the top of the flare. Hopefully that stays put. The rear section is going to require moving the rear bumper cover on the drivers side in more towards the middle of the car. Seems if I can deflect that area right behind the rear wheel inwards about 1/2-1 inch that will alleviate the gap at roughly 3pm. Just how Im going to manage that is yet to be determined. The wheel well liner isn’t close enough to the sheet metal behind the liner to just pop in a plastic rivet, so Ive got to figure something else, or live with it.
Although the flare is not mounted here the black piece of trim on the bottom is what I’m referring to. Moving that inboard takes the bumper cover with it and closes the last gap. Mopar stone guards have been removed btw.
D478DCCD-82A7-4B27-AE0E-BBADCA721D56.jpeg
F2BB1F0F-14F7-419D-95E1-6BFF4535FE5F.jpeg

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So after messing a bit with it using some Scotch brand double sided tape I was able to tighten the fit of the top of the flare. Hopefully that stays put. The rear section is going to require moving the rear bumper cover on the drivers side in more towards the middle of the car. Seems if I can deflect that area right behind the rear wheel inwards about 1/2-1 inch that will alleviate the gap at roughly 3pm. Just how Im going to manage that is yet to be determined. The wheel well liner isn’t close enough to the sheet metal behind the liner to just pop in a plastic rivet, so Ive got to figure something else, or live with it.
Although the flare is not mounted here the black piece of trim on the bottom is what I’m referring to. Moving that inboard takes the bumper cover with it and closes the last gap. Mopar stone guards have been removed btw.
View attachment 18715
View attachment 18716
I would be thrilled if mine looked that good!

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I would be thrilled if mine looked that good!
Sorry to hear that. I may just quit screwing with it, we will see. I’m waiting for the rivet tool to arrive so I can secure the fronts. I don’t want to use the Phillips supplied pieces as many guys suggested.