Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Litens adds another pulley size to its lineup.......

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
So they are saying the 3.17 requires no tune at all? Who is gonna test it first? It would be real tempting to put on the Charger daily cat. I've been very disciplined about keeping it stock sans the LMI but this could tempt me just give the ol' girl a lil extra sauce and not blatantly void the warranty....... I know it voids it! Before the warranty police start posting.....or maybe we left them on the other forum?

From HHP:

"This pulley makes approximately 45 HP on 93 and 65 HP on MS109 Race Gas for Hellcat and Trackhawk Superchargers at sea level. Litens testing shows no tuning is required with this pulley upgrade."

Could be a fun lil add on for the daily but could it run out of injector in dense air? I've kept the daily stock for a reason. Just curious on others thoughts.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So they are saying the 3.17 requires no tune at all? Who is gonna test it first? It would be real tempting to put on the Charger daily cat. I've been very disciplined about keeping it stock sans the LMI but this could tempt me just give the ol' girl a lil extra sauce and not blatantly void the warranty....... I know it voids it! Before the warranty police start posting.....or maybe we left them on the other forum?

From HHP:

"This pulley makes approximately 45 HP on 93 and 65 HP on MS109 Race Gas for Hellcat and Trackhawk Superchargers at sea level. Litens testing shows no tuning is required with this pulley upgrade."

Could be a fun lil add on for the daily but could it run out of injector in dense air? I've kept the daily stock for a reason. Just curious on others thoughts.

I'm curious as well, I've seen it said that depending on conditions, the stock injectors are already maxed.

I could probably get away with it up here in my 8000+DA....

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yeah I'm not sure how 1 psi is gonna make 45 hp without a tune, maybe with a 93 tune it would ?

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Seen this on FB. It's also $200 more than the other Litens pulleys and doesn't mention anything else about pump 91/92 (If you don't have 93 in your area).

I'm curious to know if it would work on a Redeye with just upgraded injectors on E85. I'd like to know what the stock Redeye pumps can handle pulley wise before they need a BAP or upgraded pumps. Always nice to have more options in the line up. Now all they need to do is make a smaller one than a 2.72, and that should covers most peoples needs who are looking for a decoupler pulley.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
Yeahhhh it is way more expensive than the other two size options. :unsure:

Dancap3286

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye

From HHP:

I’ll gladly test it!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Georges
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 HellCat 2018 Demon
Seen this on FB. It's also $200 more than the other Litens pulleys and doesn't mention anything else about pump 91/92 (If you don't have 93 in your area).

I'm curious to know if it would work on a Redeye with just upgraded injectors on E85. I'd like to know what the stock Redeye pumps can handle pulley wise before they need a BAP or upgraded pumps. Always nice to have more options in the line up. Now all they need to do is make a smaller one than a 2.72, and that should covers most peoples needs who are looking for a decoupler pulley.
😎😎😎

Member ID
Reactions
City
kansas city
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 hellcat widebody challenger
very tempting. if i knew for sure it would not cause an issue i would be all in.

Last edited:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
So, can I put this on a Redeye with no tune and 91 octane?

OP
TMAC

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
I ordered one yesterday. My car is almost ready to tune (mods mostly done) and over the last couple of months, 2 stations close enough to be called convenient now have E85 pumps. So I am switching, and the new 3.17" upper should be good for another 1.5-2 pounds of boost on the Demon supercharger. I already have a +10% lower.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Still ready to hear the results of the 3,17 with out a tune to blow the warranty. I have and used 93 all it's life and if can be done , I will push myself in front.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yeah I'm not sure how 1 psi is gonna make 45 hp without a tune, maybe with a 93 tune it would ?
25 HP on a Hellcat 45hp on a Redeye 65 hp I believe on a Demon using race gas that is anywhere between 1-2 plus more boost

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I am looking at stock, 2018, 3.17 pulley, no tune, hell cat. Will it work and not void the paid for warranty? My question,,, yes or if you do this, no. Just add the pulley. I will be in line to purchase one. If I missed understood the last comment,,, blame it on the chicken wings I haven't eaten in 32 years.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
You bolt that on you have voided the warranty. You unbolt it and put your stock pulley back on when you take it in for service is your decision.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Georges
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 HellCat 2018 Demon

TheRedKey

Founding Member
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port St Lucie
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
You bolt that on you have voided the warranty. You unbolt it and put your stock pulley back on when you take it in for service is your decision.
I think you break the dust cap during a swap, so theyll know.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Just buy a ported snout and put a pulley on it. Swap back and forth to your hearts content... or your rods are sticking out of the block.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Hpindy data logged my 100% stock Redeye at the track this weekend. Fuel pump is running at 80-85% injectors at 78-81%. 3.17 Litens needs a tune on Redeye.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Well hell,,, that is what I thought. My $8,200 warranty is gone. I think if you pass a gas out your ass, blows the warranty,, but. I do have to admit they treated me nice when that jerk sold me 110 octane as unleaded. My fault. That crap burnt all sorts of stuff up. 3 times. They paid for it all,,, 3 times me the idiot. Someone was to call me that I would punch em. But watching JJ the Boss on the tv,,, I have calmed down.. Now I will spend the money and shoot em. 85 cents is nothing compared to a broke hand. My hands have been broke enough. 1st time 6 years old. Bar fight early in life. Never too early or old. This time last year, got thrown in the pokey for 3 days punching out that hotel security guard at Maderia Beach Hilton. Had to be on a Friday and no bail till Monday. I bet his jaw is still broke. Wing nutt.