Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Lowering Springs

Member ID
Reactions
City
Butte
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hell Cat Widebody
Hello
I’m considering adding a set of Eibach lowering performance springs
I read and saw YouTube videos that said it improves handling, traction and ride
Anyone that has done it can you please give me your opinion on it
Thank you
Velocity

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hello
I’m considering adding a set of Eibach lowering performance springs
I read and saw YouTube videos that said it improves handling, traction and ride
Anyone that has done it can you please give me your opinion on it
Thank you
Velocity

While I can't specifically speak to the Eibach springs, I have the blue Mopar springs and I like them, handling was improved as well as my standing mile trap speed (improved Cd and/or frontal area). I saw about 5/8" drop, not the 20mm advertised, even after a year+ settling time.

"Traction" is a bit ambiguous, in what scenario? drag racing at the strip? Road course? My ride stayed the same near as I could tell, perhaps a bit firmer, but not noticeable.

The trade off is that several people that have lowered their cars with the various spring sets available have experienced an increased rate of half-shaft failures. We've dug into this quite extensively and have not been able to determine a direct cause.

OP
V
Member ID
Reactions
City
Butte
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hell Cat Widebody
Thread Starter #3
While I can't specifically speak to the Eibach springs, I have the blue Mopar springs and I like them, handling was improved as well as my standing mile trap speed (improved Cd and/or frontal area). I saw about 5/8" drop, not the 20mm advertised, even after a year+ settling time.

"Traction" is a bit ambiguous, in what scenario? drag racing at the strip? Road course? My ride stayed the same near as I could tell, perhaps a bit firmer, but not noticeable.

The trade off is that several people that have lowered their cars with the various spring sets available have experienced an increased rate of half-shaft failures. We've dug into this quite extensively and have not been able to determine a direct cause.
Thank you for the information
Shaft failures do to an alignment issue of the shaft changing angle?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

That was one of our initial suspicions, but it really is very small, smaller than normal deflections from suspension travel. It was also ruled out by the various companies that we contacted.

That being said, we didn't find a better reason, or any reason, so something is going on. I'm only aware of a select few that went back up. I've stayed on the Mopar springs and haven't had any further issues.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I had eibach on my 16.
If you are using wider than stock wheels/tires, you will get rubbing when on uneven roads.
Loved them on mine, but they dictated the roads I would drive on.
On normal roads they were great.
Also, with the eibach, I had trouble finding shops that could accommodate the car when doing alignments.
P.S.
I have Mopar springs on my 19 (although I do have a new set of eibach in the garage to use someday.

OP
V
Member ID
Reactions
City
Butte
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hell Cat Widebody
Thread Starter #6
I had eibach on my 16.
If you are using wider than stock wheels/tires, you will get rubbing when on uneven roads.
Loved them on mine, but they dictated the roads I would drive on.
On normal roads they were great.
Also, with the eibach, I had trouble finding shops that could accommodate the car when doing alignments.
P.S.
I have Mopar springs on my 19 (although I do have a new set of eibach in the garage to use someday.
Thank you for the reply
I have a 19 Wide Body
Why did shops have problems doing alignments?
I have limited access to alignment shops

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thank you for the reply
I have a 19 Wide Body
Why did shops have problems doing alignments?
I have limited access to alignment shops
To low to drive on the ramps.
BTW: Even with only Mopar springs, I needed to get 4 inch high (max) race ramps to get my quick jack under.
Although I have the extensions.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I have the blue mopar springs as well. No issues so far. Same as Bull mentioned, about 5/8 drop and a tad stiffer suspension.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I went with KW adjustable springs and over 30K miles later still real happy with them. I like you can dial them in to the height that suits your fancy. Dropped mine a fuzz over an inch. I did go through CV boot tear problems until I swapped out for Redeye half shafts. So far, so good. Ride is similar to stock but does corner much better. Also will not affect any of the adjustable suspension options. Just have to remember your stock shock travel will be reduced somewhat. I also installed a Bwoody kit, in back, to get the neg. camber dialed back in to spec. Camber bushings will work for a little less money though.

IMG_1815 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I went with KW adjustable springs and over 30K miles later still real happy with them. I like you can dial them in to the height that suits your fancy. Dropped mine a fuzz over an inch. I did go through CV boot tear problems until I swapped out for Redeye half shafts. So far, so good. Ride is similar to stock but does corner much better. Also will not affect any of the adjustable suspension options. Just have to remember your stock shock travel will be reduced somewhat. I also installed a Bwoody kit, in back, to get the neg. camber dialed back in to spec. Camber bushings will work for a little less money though.

View attachment 97868
I do a hybrid with the KW’s. Have the KW’s up front at about stock height, but they are superior in their specs up front. Retained the OEM springs in the rear because the OEM is stiffer in the rear and I don’t want to lower it. I like it. After several years the darn fronts need tweaked once in a while because they want to drop a bit. Just glad I can keep doing it.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I do a hybrid with the KW’s. Have the KW’s up front at about stock height, but they are superior in their specs up front. Retained the OEM springs in the rear because the OEM is stiffer in the rear and I don’t want to lower it. I like it. After several years the darn fronts need tweaked once in a while because they want to drop a bit. Just glad I can keep doing it.
Luckily the fronts are the easy ones ;)

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

View attachment 97868
Forgot to add.
Also got boot tear from the eibachs

OP
V
Member ID
Reactions
City
Butte
State
MT
Country