Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

M6 Shift Boot

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Does any vendor make a custom shift boot for our Challenger Hellcat? I tried my favorite shop for this stuff, Redline Goods, but they do not, and actually told me I could get a free one if I was willing to send my stock one to them so they could use a template, and also take pics of the install to make instructions. I am not willing to do that as I do not want to be without a boot for a few weeks, so I'm seeing if anyone vendors offer custom boots like RedLine.

Here are some pics from their 2008-2014 designs. Maybe the boot from the 2008-2014 model years are the same as 2015-current if someone could confirm or not?

Screenshot_20190913-204520.jpg

Screenshot_20190913-094610.jpg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I haven't seen any myself, but I also haven't ever looked either.

I'd be willing to give mine up, but I also am not sure what I would do as far as customizing it.

:unsure:

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'd agree with @BULL never even thought about that. Can always buy a boot from Steve White for cheap and send it to them. IMO with the Barton it's Custom I think a boot would be a bit much.

OP
S

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I'd agree with @BULL never even thought about that. Can always buy a boot from Steve White for cheap and send it to them. IMO with the Barton it's Custom I think a boot would be a bit much.
Redline Goods has many custom options, and their website is easy to navigate. If you have any interest in just seeing the designs click on the link below. For my LJ, which is red, I have a Red Sox pool ball shift knob and a custom boot from Redline that is black with red baseball stitching. It adds a little red accent which is not overwhelming at all. That picture I posted was the only Challenger picture they had so you just have to check out the different patterns they offer, if interested.

I haven't seen any myself, but I also haven't ever looked either.

I'd be willing to give mine up, but I also am not sure what I would do as far as customizing it.

:unsure:
I would be happy to PM you the entire email they sent me if you want to do it. Here is a link to see their designs. They offer a few kinds of material like leather, perforated leather, alcantara or carbon fiber, different grades of leather as well.

Colors are anything and everything, and all sorts of stitching and threading.

Oh, and I have no affiliation with this place, they just offer good quality stuff.

https://www.redlinegoods.com/

OP
S

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Do you have a contact at Steve White Motors? If not crazy expensive for a replacement boot I would buy one for sure to do this. I checked online and it appears you can only buy the entire unit, including shifter surround, for $270. No thanks for that.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Boot from an M6 salvage car??

Just a thought.

OP
S

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Boot from an M6 salvage car??

Just a thought.
Good call. I just realized there are two car restoration shops near me so I'm going to see what they have to say.