Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Maggie 2650 first test pass 9.2@148 **port data update**

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
LOL

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #123
Coming from the ported 2.4L, the only thing I changed was added the 10% lower pulley to allow more adjustment for boost levels. I also added 1700 injectors. The other quick swap I did while I was there was put in a “fresh” 8HP90 trans with a Demon converter.

We did a LOT of testing with the setup. I didn’t have much to go off of other than Primetime and a few other random instagram / social media guys (some helpful, some not). I spoke with Jokerz prior to all this and he had “hypothesis” that I would hit a WALL with the 2650 around the 950-1000 power range. I can’t say he’s wrong due to us seeing some interesting things. We used the big Jon idlers that have been recommended for the 2650. We still ran into belt slip issues from time to time. I mentioned to big Jon, that one size doesn’t fit all due to all setups not being the same. I run the nice looking oversized metco idlers vs. factory. I also run the FI blower spacers. That calls for about 1” extra belt length over what he recommends. I started conversation with him about potentially sourcing slightly bigger idlers so every customer can mix/match what works best for their setup.

The most “common” power setup for the 2650 on the hellcat platform is the 27% overdrive cogs in the rear and the 3.5 standard pulley (what maggie comes with from factory) up front. This output will vary setup to setup, and I know of a few guys on stock bottom ends who put the 3.0 front pulley on and blew their motor. I have an idea why now......25+ psi on the stock bottom end.

On the 3.5 pulley we saw 1030/997 at 24psi
On the 3.0 pulley we saw 1050+/1050+ give or take for power, but at 26-27psi.

After talking with my tuner, we decided to stay with the bigger 3.5” pulley due to the risk vs. gain for that boost level. The car will be much happier in my opinion where it sits with the bigger pulley. He did see some belt slip on the final runs because of idlers being not in the ideal location vs. when we first started, but we’ll adjust back. (You’ll see that in the graph)

He is still doing some fine tuning tomorrow with the driving and making sure it gets through the gears on street pulls, but we should be good go go. Hope to bring it home tomorrow or Thursday and get to the track in the next week or so.

The graph below is where we left off vs. the ported 2.4L vs the stock Magnuson 2650. I feel the sky is the limit potentially with this 2650. Porting data is still not concrete, but from the data we saw, I think it’s obvious at this level it would benefit from it. I would say easy 50-75rwhp gain freeing up the blower inlet.

The “plan” is to shift this thing in the high 6xxx range and see what we can do.

7A091B1B-5096-483F-BC80-794082B29438.jpeg

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It bats over its average for size but can't say I'm surprised it taps in that ballpark out of the box.

This data proves much useful for determining my next moves.

And with another 100/100 I think you'll see a big difference.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #125
It bats over its average for size but can't say I'm surprised it taps in that ballpark out of the box.

This data proves much useful for determining my next moves.

And with another 100/100 I think you'll see a big difference.
Yup. Over a non ported 2.4, it’s a 150+ wheel gain. Something to consider for those who want to do a build of the 2.4. It has its limits, RPM being the main hazard for the rotors. RPM isn’t not a concern with the Maggie. Unported vs ported 2.4 below.

0CD52FC5-17F7-411A-9213-828ACFA8960B.jpeg

Last edited:

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That's where its gonna shine.

You'll have 5k in a max effort 2.4L...maybe more.

The Maggie isnt much more I'd think...with additional reliability and IAT benefits too at those power levels.

Still...the big boys are gonna go whipple/KB/compound.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Excellent gains!
It's a shame they can't keep the belts from slipping yet. I'd keep the 10% lower on it, for sure... it's got to be helping you at this point.

You don't have an IAT comparison between the 2 do you? Let's see how cold this thing really runs.

(and FWIW - you guys looking to spend 5k-8k on getting a blower done should really put a turbo on the car and make real power... :) )

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #128
That's where its gonna shine.

You'll have 5k in a max effort 2.4L...maybe more.

The Maggie isnt much more I'd think...with additional reliability and IAT benefits too at those power levels.

Still...the big boys are gonna go whipple/KB/compound.
With my situation I was easily over 5k. I purchased a spare and had that sent off. Sold my stock blower and the ported blower and essentially broke even aside from moving to 1700’s, but I got a great deal on those as well.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #129
Excellent gains!
It's a shame they can't keep the belts from slipping yet. I'd keep the 10% lower on it, for sure... it's got to be helping you at this point.

You don't have an IAT comparison between the 2 do you? Let's see how cold this thing really runs.

(and FWIW - you guys looking to spend 5k-8k on getting a blower done should really put a turbo on the car and make real power... :) )
They do fine with the larger upper it seems. We got the slip to stop as well with the small guy. The idlers help. Turbo is probably north of 10k with labor I would guess. My shop and gearhead do a lot of custom setups and that isn’t “cheap” lol. Need an intake to come to market that is affordable.

IATs were great. I’ll get you some data when I talk to the tuner.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Curious what I would hit with the 3.0 pulley. We hit 1075rwhp 1010 torque at 6100-6200 rpm we couldn’t hit 6500 due to spark issues. That was in a 110 degree heat with the 3.25. Saw 21.5 psi.
Gonna stay with the 3.25 for now. Don’t want to max it out yet.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
They do fine with the larger upper it seems. We got the slip to stop as well with the small guy. The idlers help. Turbo is probably north of 10k with labor I would guess. My shop and gearhead do a lot of custom setups and that isn’t “cheap” lol. Need an intake to come to market that is affordable.

IATs were great. I’ll get you some data when I talk to the tuner.
Superchargers are cooler !

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #132
Here is a graph of:

Stock blower with 2.56 only (105tb, ported snout, cam, headers.
Stock ported blower with 2.56
Maggie 2650

233A1D64-1A51-41CF-8775-3B80072830CE.png

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Here is a graph of:

Stock blower with 2.56 only (105tb, ported snout, cam, headers.
Stock ported blower with 2.56
Maggie 2650
Was all the numbers with a 10% lower as well, or did you add the 10% with the Maggie?

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #134
10% was added with the Maggie due to not knowing where we were going to be for boost. One pull it made 21-22, the one shown it made 24. I’ll get some good data on it when I get the car back and I’ll provide the boost I’m seeing via onboard and in logs I’ll get good IAT data as well.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
10% was added with the Maggie due to not knowing where we were going to be for boost. One pull it made 21-22, the one shown it made 24. I’ll get some good data on it when I get the car back and I’ll provide the boost I’m seeing via onboard and in logs I’ll get good IAT data as well.
You have a ice box installed in your car?
We saw 109 IAT on the first 2 pulls and the max IAT was 129 on the last pull in 110 degrees.
We were using ice blocks and chopping them up so we could use bigger ice pieces. After each pull ice tank was still ice cold. 67D88143-C2E5-44CE-B0C3-ABFC7E00CBC4.jpeg CEC1AB98-7ECB-4787-8851-0A6F34C6680E.jpeg

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #136

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Ok that's what I thought. 5 more lbs of boost is where you got your additional power from then over the 19 lbs you were making with the ported 2.4. On average every 1 lb of boost is equal to 20-25 hp. I can't want to see where my ported 2.4 with the 2.56 and 10% lower is going to put me. Should be on the rollers in the next couple days. Then out for some track time. I played with the Whipple for the last 3 years and now I'm going back to stock. I know this is different than what most are doing around here.

Good luck with the Maggie. I wasn't very happy with my Whipple performance. Looking forward to the numbers and track time once you get it dialed in.

OP
FFBOS

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #139
Ok that's what I thought. 5 more lbs of boost is where you got your additional power from then over the 19 lbs you were making with the ported 2.4. On average every 1 lb of boost is equal to 20-25 hp. I can't want to see where my ported 2.4 with the 2.56 and 10% lower is going to put me. Should be on the rollers in the next couple days. Then out for some track time. I played with the Whipple for the last 3 years and now I'm going back to stock. I know this is different than what most are doing around here.

Good luck with the Maggie. I wasn't very happy with my Whipple performance. Looking forward to the numbers and track time once you get it dialed in.
I think the new 3.8 will be the answer for whipple. It’s design looks just like an IHI. I was at your point of potentially trying the 10% with my 2.56 on the ported blower. It was strongly advised to not do that due to rotor failure potential, especially when ported. I was at the point where I didn’t want to throw $5k in the trash. Guys have made big power and have run 9.0-9.1 with that setup, but are trailer cars usually.

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
I understand the problems with a stock ported front bearing plate. I did this to mine 4 years ago before any shop was doing it. That's why I had to go to a Whipple. It put to much stress on the bearing plate and flexed the rotor's. I went with a billet aftermarket bearing plate this time. I'm still in the RND phase with this car. I agree the 3.8 Whipple will be the best S/C for an upgrade when they come out.

One thing about my setup it will never be just a race car / trailer car. I have way to much fun driving this 4 door sedan.