Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Maybe the Hellcat days are done since Mercedes is being forced to cut production of their AMG line

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
If you read this article you may begin to understand the true hard facts the Government emissions mandates are starting to impact the Ice age cars. Mercedes is telling their dealers the big day of the AMG production is near and other car companies are taking away their least efficient models as well. And Dodge is just silent as can be I’m really starting to feel with all the Government’s strong emissions demands the V8 day has come to be. And the continued digging by the EPA to find even gas emissions cheaters is here as well. And possibly FCA knows something they won’t discuss on their Gas Engines as well. Read and sure it’s now more about politics lol then the actual Hellcat conversations lol.
https://www.autoweek.com/news/luxur...uld-be-cut-by-75-percent-in-2020-report-says/

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
That is going to depend on what Peugeot's offsets are going to be with all of their small cars. But, the game is changing.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Damn, knew I should have taken advantage of those power buck days and traded my hellcat in for a redeye :(
If only they were offered in a manual I probably would have

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
That is going to depend on what Peugeot's offsets are going to be with all of their small cars. But, the game is changing.
Definitely good point lol with the Fiats and now the Peugeot puny motors maybe this will give us a glimmer of hope.

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
Damn, knew I should have taken advantage of those power buck days and traded my hellcat in for a redeye :(
If only they were offered in a manual I probably would have
The red eye doesn't come in manual!?! What a travesty! There went my plan to play with the SP WB 6M for a couple years and then look for a RE WB 6M replacement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
If you read this article you may begin to understand the true hard facts the Government emissions mandates are starting to impact the Ice age cars. Mercedes is telling their dealers the big day of the AMG production is near and other car companies are taking away their least efficient models as well. And Dodge is just silent as can be I’m really starting to feel with all the Government’s strong emissions demands the V8 day has come to be. And the continued digging by the EPA to find even gas emissions cheaters is here as well. And possibly FCA knows something they won’t discuss on their Gas Engines as well. Read and sure it’s now more about politics lol then the actual Hellcat conversations lol.
https://www.autoweek.com/news/luxur...uld-be-cut-by-75-percent-in-2020-report-says/
Someday but not yet my friend, not yet. (a line from Gladiator)

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I don't know. For years it seems that euro high performance cars have polluted more and been far less fuel efficient than American high performance cars.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
The red eye doesn't come in manual!?! What a travesty! There went my plan to play with the SP WB 6M for a couple years and then look for a RE WB 6M replacement.
Hmmmmm, I do have a spare M6 transmission, bellhousing, TO assembly, clutch, flywheel, and drive shaft, maybe someday it may find a new home lol

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Was driving on a 2 lane road with lots of trucks in the right lane. I was in the left lane behind cars with no where to go because of sporadic trucks in right lane. This Ford Raptor comes up fast, backs off for a while, then proceeds to pass me on the right going at least 95-100+ mph (I was going 67-70 mph). Maybe got 4 cars ahead before he has to aggressively slow down because of a truck then darts over to the left lane again...idiot.

My point is those V6 Raptors sound like shit IMHO...that is what I will miss the most someday...rumble of a V8. V8 Raptors sound good IMHO.

Be safe everyone...Holidays are bringing the crazies out in my area.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
There’s no doubt that the gas only Hellcat engine as we know it will not be here much longer. Emissions regulations will force it to be extinct, probably as an electric assist at first and finally going to all electric.
Cadillac recently announced all electric in every model starting in ‘22 I think. Volvo is on board with that too with other manufacturers joining daily. Pretty sure they have no choice as ice’s have prob reached their limitations emissions wise, especially with the limitations getting squeezed tighter every couple of yrs. Seems like 2023 is the year theyre all shooting for and it’s probably not their choice.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Was driving on a 2 lane road with lots of trucks in the right lane. I was in the left lane behind cars with no where to go because of sporadic trucks in right lane. This Ford Raptor comes up fast, backs off for a while, then proceeds to pass me on the right going at least 95-100+ mph (I was going 67-70 mph). Maybe got 4 cars ahead before he has to aggressively slow down because of a truck then darts over to the left lane again...idiot.

My point is those V6 Raptors sound like shit IMHO...that is what I will miss the most someday...rumble of a V8. V8 Raptors sound good IMHO.

Be safe everyone...Holidays are bringing the crazies out in my area.
What? He didn't pass on the shoulder?! Rookie Dbag.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle

This is precisely why we spec'd our HC with the widebooty and sexy speed manual transmission. It will (likely) remain the highest horsepower (American) car ever made with a manual transmission.

EDIT: Forgot the ZR1 still had a stick last year.

EDIT2 (2019 production specs): A whopping 2,761 ZR1s (93.4%) were fully optioned with the 3ZR package while the take rate for seven-speed manual transmissions was a slightly disappointing 29.9% showing a split of 744 coupes and 140 convertibles.

Last edited:

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
This is precisely why we spec'd our HC with the widebooty and sexy speed manual transmission. It will (likely) remain the highest horsepower (American) car ever made with a manual transmission.
Having that much HP on tap with the third pedal is intoxicating - I know all you A8 drivers worship the quarter mile time speed gods, but the M6 is so fun to drive - all out quarter times are great with the A8 but you miss the fun in controlling that power while shifting gears - I have never enjoyed driving a car so much as I do in my M6 Hellcat...

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I’m so in awe of all you expert clutch guys. I’m humbled to be in such company. 😎

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

EDIT: Forgot the ZR1 still had a stick last year.

EDIT2 (2019 production specs): A whopping 2,761 ZR1s (93.4%) were fully optioned with the 3ZR package while the take rate for seven-speed manual transmissions was a slightly disappointing 29.9% showing a split of 744 coupes and 140 convertibles.
Love my M6 too, but not sure I’d call it sexy. [biggrin]

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada