Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Missing tables in stock Hellcat file

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
So I have been fighting with HP Tuners for a week as of today. They have stopped replying back since Friday grr.... But anyway I'm curious if anyone else has seen this issue.
My stock file on my 2018 is missing tables. I'll attach my stock file. Has anyone delt with this? If so what ended up being the fix? This was the last reply from HP Tuners "I'm starting to wonder if they added something to the newer OS and you vehicle has the older OS. You may want to consider updating it, this can be done with a dodge Witech or a J2534 tool. "
My reply back was I'm assuming this was broke during the unlock process. I'm requesting HP Tuners fix my PCM.
Does anyone know how the unlock process works? Could the unlock process cause this? If not I'll take a step back from pushing on hp tuners.
I attached a few pictures using the compare feature from another 2018. The gray boxes are the boxes I'm missing. There are 30+.

Attachments

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I don't think the unlock process would have any effect here. I'm under the impression that is a piece of hardware that gets removed to "unlock" the ECM. When I bought mine they needed my CALID to flash in to the blank unlocked PCM.

What would be interesting is to find someone else with a 2018 and the same CALID as you have to compare with. I'd try getting a known good CALID flashed to yours.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #3
I don't think the unlock process would have any effect here. I'm under the impression that is a piece of hardware that gets removed to "unlock" the ECM. When I bought mine they needed my CALID to flash in to the blank unlocked PCM.

What would be interesting is to find someone else with a 2018 and the same CALID as you have to compare with. I'd try getting a known good CALID flashed to yours.
I’m just struggling to figure out how dodge wouldn’t have loaded those tables from factory.
I just keep thinking something had to change at some point. I’m lost at some point.
Looking for answers. We will see.

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
What you see in HPTuner's software is a graphical representation of data stored on your PCM. Not everything is available for viewing/editing through the HPTuner software and not everything will be correct. Typically the more recent model years will have more issues and less "stuff" available than older years. There is likely nothing wrong with the calibration sitting in your PCM today.

Having the PCM flashed to the latest with a witech may put you on a version that is better supported by HPTuners but having looked at various recent OS's, probably not. Also what you’re asking for ultimately (to see things that are missing, that might not even exist, or aren’t displayed correctly) isn’t trivial to sort out.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@jonx96 what's the manufacture date on your 2018 Hellcat? Maybe you have an earlier produced unit and SRT were making changes to the CAL later in the model year?

@zhc he opened a ticket with HPT and they seemed to indicate nothing was up with the CAL but sure seems strange. I have a 2018 Challenger CAL that has the tables he's missing but it is newer than his based on the OS code ending in AG vs his which was AE I believe.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #6
What you see in HPTuner's software is a graphical representation of data stored on your PCM. Not everything is available for viewing/editing through the HPTuner software and not everything will be correct. Typically the more recent model years will have more issues and less "stuff" available than older years. There is likely nothing wrong with the calibration sitting in your PCM today.

Having the PCM flashed to the latest with a witech may put you on a version that is better supported by HPTuners but having looked at various recent OS's, probably not. Also what you’re asking for ultimately (to see things that are missing, that might not even exist, or aren’t displayed correctly) isn’t trivial to sort out.
The guy I got at hp tuners that is/was dealing with me was struggling to figure out how I got the boxes to show gray. I told him compare function and it still took him 2 more emails to figure that part out…
I told them some of these are in hellcats as old as 15.
i was struggling to get afr to display correctly at idle when on a dedicated e85 tune. @Speedy! noticed I didn’t change some of the tables in the oxygen sensor tab. Well I didn’t change them because they weren’t there. That started the digging of what all was missing.
Do you think I’m asking hp tuners for to much to flash my computer for free since they are the ones to unlock it a few months ago? Or does that sound reasonable ?
@jonx96 what's the manufacture date on your 2018 Hellcat? Maybe you have an earlier produced unit and SRT were making changes to the CAL later in the model year?

@zhc he opened a ticket with HPT and they seemed to indicate nothing was up with the CAL but sure seems strange. I have a 2018 Challenger CAL that has the tables he's missing but it is newer than his based on the OS code ending in AG vs his which was AE I believe.
The car was bought late in 17 since my full warranty expired in fall last year. So it was an early production.

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Right, AG is newer than AE. I was looking at one that ended in AH and they're missing in that. Unfortunately, most dealerships won't load anything except the latest so you'd have to find another way to get the OS ending in AG loaded if you want a quick "fix".

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #8
Right, AG is newer than AE. I was looking at one that ended in AH and they're missing in that. Unfortunately, most dealerships won't load anything except the latest so you'd have to find another way to get the OS ending in AG loaded if you want a quick "fix".
I have a pretty good relationship with both my dealer and their service department. I’m sure if I called them I could get them to load whatever.
Besides having to rewrite the tunes would the pcm need to be unlocked again or since the physical side is done I should be fine?

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
You would not need to unlock again.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #10
You would not need to unlock again.
Ok I will at least call them tomorrow. Get a price. Hp tuners seems to have given up. I’m not even 100 percent sure if it is their fault so I’m not pushing to hard.
Is the unlock only physical or do they reflash do you know?

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
@jonx96...I'll check what my 18 has when I get home this evening, and if it is what you are lacking I'll get together with you and you can copy it.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #12
@jonx96...I'll check what my 18 has when I get home this evening, and if it is what you are lacking I'll get together with you and you can copy it.
Thanks for the offer. But we wouldn't be able to do a read from your car and flash it to mine.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #13
Called my dealer the guy I usually work with was busy since they had a power outage for part of the day. So I talked to the service guy who answered he laughed and said I have no idea what you are talking about 😂
I’ll try them again tomorrow

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm wondering if the cat recall would reflash your computer? Not sure if '18 had the recall

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #15
I'm wondering if the cat recall would reflash your computer? Not sure if '18 had the recall
18 was not.
Idk what they are going to charge.
I’m also going to open another ticket with hp tuners. I have sent for daily updates and no reply back in 6 days.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #16
Talked to the dealer. They told me $25.99 and could do it any time. I think I'll shoot for Friday since I have the day off work. Take a little time because I'll have to rewrite my tunes.
I thought they'd tell me it'd cost more. For that price I just won't wait for hp tuners any longer.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
And I thought only Diablo gave lousy service!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Make sure to re-write the tune for the CAL you intend to have flashed. With the injector changes etc, I don't think you'll be able to drive the car far on a stock CAL.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #19
Make sure to re-write the tune for the CAL you intend to have flashed. With the injector changes etc, I don't think you'll be able to drive the car far on a stock CAL.
I'll take a new read at the dealership and write a startup tune and drive it the 10 miles or so home. I have about a full tank of E so I will have to rewrite. Sounds like they will just let me do it in their service drive. I'd think between the read and write time it'd be about 20 to 25 minutes and I'll be out of their bay.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Called my dealer the guy I usually work with was busy since they had a power outage for part of the day. So I talked to the service guy who answered he laughed and said I have no idea what you are talking about 😂
I’ll try them again tomorrow
At least they put you straight through to the Viper Tech ;-)