Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Mopar hood pins

Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Redeye Charger
My Redeye has the factory hood pins. Any reason to keep the lanyards on the pins?

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Because they look sexy?

OP
ThaBeast
Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Redeye Charger
Thread Starter #3

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Put a rubber shrink tube on them

OP
ThaBeast
Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Redeye Charger
Thread Starter #5
got the pins out of the package yesterday, easy to disassemble pins and remove lanyards. Lanyards will stay on the shelf for now

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Question about these hood pins as I want to order a Chally soon but if I find one in stock I will get it. I dont want the hood pins but if I find a car with it optioned on the window sticker, are those factory or dealer installed? I am asking bc if I find one with the option on dealer stock, I would tell the dealer dont install them if they are installed at the dealer.

OP
ThaBeast
Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Redeye Charger
Thread Starter #7
Question about these hood pins as I want to order a Chally soon but if I find one in stock I will get it. I dont want the hood pins but if I find a car with it optioned on the window sticker, are those factory or dealer installed? I am asking bc if I find one with the option on dealer stock, I would tell the dealer dont install them if they are installed at the dealer.
I ordered mine with pins. Told dealer not to prep cosmetics when it arrived only prep operational items. Mine was delivered to me with pins installed and lanyards/retaining pins in a bag in the glovebox.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lantana
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
My Hood pins were ordered. Redeye shipped from Brampton (Ontario Canada) to Jefferson North (Detroit) where the hood pins are installed. The lanyards/retaining pins were in a bag also in the glove box. I have seen several YouTube videos on how to install the Mopar Hood Pin Kit.