Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Muffler suggestions

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I took the cats off of my Redeye Challenger and it has Dynomax mini race mufflers on it. They were awesome sounding with the cats but without the cats it’s a bit much. Looking for a good quality muffler suggestion.

Thx

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It is a SOB without the cats! I know what you mean. Even with the OEM mufflers etc retained it is too loud for me too. Except at the track where it sounds perfect. Can’t wait for some feedback in a couple of weeks.:love:

Seriously it is going to be tough for suggestions because they need to be more quiet than stock to make it right IMO.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
It is a SOB without the cats! I know what you mean. Even with the OEM mufflers etc retained it is too loud for me too. Except at the track where it sounds perfect. Can’t wait for some feedback in a couple of weeks.:love:

Seriously it is going to be tough for suggestions because they need to be more quiet than stock to make it right IMO.
I have the cats maybe I’ll get them put back on. Well you did warn me so…..

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wait a couple of weeks so 1) I verify it can be done successfully and 2) see if the V-clamps make it as easy as it looks to connect/disconnect the bypass pipes and the stockers. One thing I know already because it cost me $130 is be careful removing and screwing the damn sensors in and out. OR just get a couple of blanks to screw into the by-pass pipes and then just suck it up and connect/disconnect the sensors’ electric connectors. The week after RA I am having the boys weld the connectors up to the system and the two sets of pipes to return mine to stock for the streets again. If it all works well, I bet it can be changed out in less than 30 minutes easy.;)

Because I don’t know what you used for an adaptor on your by-passes, but the set I have has a skip-in one and that bastard won’t come out unless I destroy shit damn it!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wait a couple of weeks so 1) I verify it can be done successfully and 2) see if the V-clamps make it as easy as it looks to connect/disconnect the bypass pipes and the stockers. One thing I know already because it cost me $130 is be careful removing and screwing the damn sensors in and out. OR just get a couple of blanks to screw into the by-pass pipes and then just suck it up and connect/disconnect the sensors’ electric connectors. The week after RA I am having the boys weld the connectors up to the system and the two sets of pipes to return mine to stock for the streets again. If it all works well, I bet it can be changed out in less than 30 minutes easy.;)

Because I don’t know what you used for an adaptor on your by-passes, but the set I have has a skip-in one and that bastard won’t come out unless I destroy shit damn it!
Yikes ...glad my modding days are over....stock sounds just fine to me...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
It IS mean sounding, huh?

At the two tracks I was at last year, everyone reported nothing is more loud or sexy sounding.:love: Shit at BIR you could close your eyes and swear at WOT up that straight a NASCAR just drove by my buddy said. And you have more loud mufflers!:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

https://youtube.com/shorts/m3O1auGZkfw?feature=share

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yikes ...glad my modding days are over....stock sounds just fine to me...
Except unless those cats are NOT on the car it melts them on road courses!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
All will be well.:cool:
IMG_6688.jpeg

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9

Standing by. Thx

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
I took the cats off of my Redeye Challenger and it has Dynomax mini race mufflers on it. They were awesome sounding with the cats but without the cats it’s a bit much. Looking for a good quality muffler suggestion.

Thx
Do you still have your stock mufflers? If so, swap them back to replace the dynomax ones. Otherwise, maybe the vibrant 1795's? Heard theyre quieter than the more popular 1794's, which is more like the dyno max mufflers you have.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
Do you still have your stock mufflers? If so, swap them back to replace the dynomax ones. Otherwise, maybe the vibrant 1795's? Heard theyre quieter than the more popular 1794's, which is more like the dyno max mufflers you have.
NO I had a stupid moment and let them be trashed 3 years ago.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
loud.png

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
You can check out Kooks mufflers.
I have the kooks long tube headers, 10inch race mufflers connected to the headers and turn downs.
It’s loud as hell but I like it.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
@Paladin06 I got it back today. So the clamps won’t fit at the spot where the exhaust system and the cat or by-pass pipes. After some thinking they put the clamps each side of the tranny. This makes both sets much shorter and a bit more workable. It sure sounds much different now VS without the big cans.

He just worked it from the big clamps that were on the by-pass pipes, plus they are 3”. I’ll need to minimize the clamps if everything works.

IMG_6760.jpeg IMG_6761.jpeg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Shot one more picture before I pack everything up. The by-pass pipes are reduced to this. Much more easy to take in and out now, from nearly impossible.
IMG_6764.jpeg