Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My Hellcat Redeye is 1 year old today.

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Happy birthday to my car.

My thoughts after one year with the car. First of all I live in south east Texas, so no snow to drive through. The car is always kept in the garage and is always as clean as can be. As we all know, the straight line performance is highly impressive. With Mickey ETR, pulley, tune, off road mids, demon springs, and 180 stat, she is in the high 9s (in good weather). I do not regret buying the wide body, it wasn't for me and I do not regret getting Plum Crazy. The car is always a head turner when I take her out for a drive.

The only negative, and a very small negative, is the new hood on the 2019s. I still like the 2015-2018 hoods. I do realize the new hood gives a bit better air flow, but still, the original hood is nicer looking.

Since it's just my wife and myself, and she prefers taking her car out when we go places, if I had to do it all over again, I would not make any changes except I would order back seat delete. Every thing else I would keep the same, which includes plus package, drivers convenience group, black laguna leather, 3.09s, and black calipers. I felt the black calipers went better with the Plum Crazy color.

All in all, it's one hell of a cat.

Last edited:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Happy Birthday Plumb crazy redeye 👍

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Post up some pics of the car, OG!

Tsubahog

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fl
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
My REWB was delivered one year ago today. Went through the anxiety of it being shlepped around Canada and various train yards in the salt but it turned up eventually and pretty clean.

I love the hood and have back seat delete. Wrapped the hood. Had a 2015 HC M6 prior.

Love this darn car.

55A15D7A-C7A8-4229-AA05-EDCE42922BEE.jpeg

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #5
Post up some pics of the car, OG!
HRJ, if you decide you want the 2.62 versus the 3.09, I have a 2.62 sitting in the garage from my 2016 with only around 4,000 miles on it that I will give you.

I had some really good pictures of the car, but lost them when my hard drive took a dive on me. When we get some sunny weather, I'll get some better pictures than what I have.

Which dealership sold you your new car? Also, I know you aren't a drag strip type of guy, but if you ever get the itch to head to HRP let me know. Anymore, I'm trying to stay with track rentals versus those horrible long lines at HRP.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Arlington
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats on one year of ownership. I'm in it for the long haul with my Hellcat.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Congrats on one year. My Hellcat is currently in hibernation as I watch it snow out my front window. I’m hoping for an early spring!

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
HRJ, if you decide you want the 2.62 versus the 3.09, I have a 2.62 sitting in the garage from my 2016 with only around 4,000 miles on it that I will give you.

I had some really good pictures of the car, but lost them when my hard drive took a dive on me. When we get some sunny weather, I'll get some better pictures than what I have.

Which dealership sold you your new car? Also, I know you aren't a drag strip type of guy, but if you ever get the itch to head to HRP let me know. Anymore, I'm trying to stay with track rentals versus those horrible long lines at HRP.
I'll let you know on the 2.62s after I get some wheel time when the car arrives. I THINK I'm gonna like the 3.09s. But it's nice that it's easy to change.

Ordered the Redeye from Clear Lake Dodge. Before my promotion, I was the Parts Manager there for 9 years and I still know just about everyone there like family. My boy Ryan (the GM) and I were on the regional corporate team together and had a lot of fun (maybe got into a little trouble too).

I actually think I'm gonna take this car to the strip so imma reach out when it's time to make a trip and get some pointers. It'll be a far cry from the 12.50@115 days with the '05 GTO so maybe it'll hook me this time (no pun intended). :)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Congrats, mine was built a year ago also, I picked it up on a cold winter day last January. I remember several of us received our orders after Thanksgiving when they really kicked in the production. Seems like it was a good run. Mine has not required any attention, except the oil changes I have done myself. I have changed the brakes around a couple of times for the track and looked it over. All seems fine!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cokeburg
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye
Congratulations on the one year., have fun this winter and keep us posted while we wait for spring.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

My thoughts after one year with the car. First of all I live in south east Texas, so no snow to drive through. The car is always kept in the garage and is always as clean as can be. As we all know, the straight line performance is highly impressive. With Mickey ETR, pulley, tune, off road mids, demon springs, and 180 stat, she is in the high 9s (in good weather). I do not regret buying the wide body, it wasn't for me and I do not regret getting Plum Crazy. The car is always a head turner when I take her out for a drive.

The only negative, and a very small negative, is the new hood on the 2019s. I still like the 2015-2018 hoods. I do realize the new hood gives a bit better air flow, but still, the original hood is nicer looking.

Since it's just my wife and myself, and she prefers taking her car out when we go places, if I had to do it all over again, I would not make any changes except I would order back seat delete. Every thing else I would keep the same, which includes plus package, drivers convenience group, black laguna leather, 3.09s, and black calipers. I felt the black calipers went better with the Plum Crazy color.

Happy Birthday to 1 of 33 in Plum Crazy for 2019. We look so good.

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #12
OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #13
49545976_2050047181720898_7126728049881513984_o.jpg

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Sexy! I love those wheels on a narrow body...

Thanks for the shots

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Congratulations.
Beautiful Challenger.
Happy Birthday to her!

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Congrats! I remember being very anxious, awaiting my Redeye while others like you got theirs first! I got mine 1/16/19, so I wasn't too far off. Some people had to wait a very long time to get theirs. Mine was ordered and delivered to me in 3 months which I felt was pretty good. It's the small things that make a difference imo and the caliper color is a neat little change that really changes the appearance of the car. I thought the red calipers clashed with my octane red, so like you I opted to change the brake color. Very glad I did as well.

Congrats again, glad you are still enjoying it! Unfortunately I live in a winter state, so mine is hibernating until spring. I kept mine stock the first year, I'm so proud of myself lol.

Usmc341

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

Congrats on 1 year of ownership. I'm also hitting the 1 year mark. Got a standard body Indigo. All I've done mod-wise is a catch can and a set of 295 Michelins out back. Torque is amazing. Great DD for me!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challanger Redeye Widebody
My REWB was delivered one year ago today. Went through the anxiety of it being shlepped around Canada and various train yards in the salt but it turned up eventually and pretty clean.

I love the hood and have back seat delete. Wrapped the hood. Had a 2015 HC M6 prior.

Love this darn car.

View attachment 9424 [/QUOTE

Love this darn car.

View attachment 9424

Love this darn car.

View attachment 9424
I Picked up my B5 REWB in KY 8 days before yours, and it also took app 3 months from when ordered.
My hood is not wrapped but I did add a custom factory style black Skat Pac defender stripe to make it some what unique.
Like you I wanted add some black to that blue!
(considered going with the "Dodge Red hash" but felt for me, 2019 Redeye.JPG black was better)

Driving impressions after a year...
Wow, that power is addicting, and like the look of the dash and displays.
After driving a rental Mustang and Camaro...really like the Challenger's room in the cabin and trunk. (boy the Camaro was claustrophobic!)

One big beef I have...The rear seat headrests are not removable...I want to lower the seats fully to get the extra length from the trunk...but the front seats have to be pulled up so far, an adult cannot sit in them!

Another point: Although the display has great features, I would like to have more custom ways of setting up how it displays...like select gages / racing feature selection without having to wait for the perf. pages to load.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challanger Redeye Widebody
Also wanted to add...
Reading up on this board (and the similar other one) I appreciation and knowledge of this car has got even greater, hearing from the other members experience.

Thanks for sharing.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hey friend, say that lightly, congratulation and I am sure you love it more daily. Mine is 1 year older this past September. But 8 months have been in the shop my choice or factories. Other than that, a blast to drive and look at. A lot as been done to mine by choice or factory problems. It is in the garage awaiting for me to do a cleanser on Sunday ad back to the paint shop on Wed. Paint,, be done. Ready fer sumtin else. I have 2 emblems to paint and remount and that 4 month episode will be over. Then peddle commander, piece of cake and on and on. it being a toy, the that is how it is,,,, but congratulation of your choice and color. Daily driver or not,, you will love it. Have fun and break it in as te DAM 412 page bible says so. Happy, happy, happy and enjoy. We all around here to help.
Happy little Hickstah, says if we can help holler. We love our autos and the people around us.