Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Nail biter, Redeye VS Tesla Model S Raven DragRace

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
Just a matter of time before Electric will be king. What I'm curious about is, will all the Automatic fanboyz stick with..."But all electric is faster.." and jump ship...or will they actually stick with Gas, well because of the nostalgia?

I've been an 3 pedal man all my life, and refuse to go A8 simply because of the argument, "it's faster."

Can't wait to have conversations with all the peeps giving me a hard time about this when Electric is king and they are still holding on to gas....lol
I used to be the same way until I drove an A8 392. It changed my life. I never drive my A8 in automatic. It's always in manual mode and you just can't slam shifts in an M6 like you can this TF90. Sorry, but it just isn't humanly possible. Nothing to be said about it being faster... but the feel and the rush of that hard, clean shift... time and again. I don't think I can ever go back to rowing gears, not when there's something like this as an upgrade in performance, feel, efficiency, and durability.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
The plaid is not even being built yet and will have 1100+ hp no question it’s going to be deep in the 8’s when/if it comes out next year.

I’ll keep the hellcat and the other high hp cars, but for the price, performance and warranty, it’s an absolute no brainer.
Assuming you can stomach that dustbuster sound it makes.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Glad I road race, they will need massive electricity and chargers to make sessions every hour and keep their shit power up. Plus I like the way the gas powered car pulls after that BS is over using his 4wd to come out of the hole. Quick, build millions of them so they take out the electrical grid in CA!

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I hate quiet cars. I may not even have 15 years left if I don't get out of this hospital. Place is about to kill me. 1 meal aday at 7 pm. Tests all night long. No opiods at all. Brought my own,, bastards. No beer, just people mouning in the night. Gas for me unless the gas tax kills us all. Might not make it out of here.
Wish you the best @Hickster

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I hate quiet cars. I may not even have 15 years left if I don't get out of this hospital. Place is about to kill me. 1 meal aday at 7 pm. Tests all night long. No opiods at all. Brought my own,, bastards. No beer, just people mouning in the night. Gas for me unless the gas tax kills us all. Might not make it out of here.
Get well soon @Hickster, & get out of there & don't be teasing the nurses too much, LOL.

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Assuming you can stomach that dustbuster sound it makes.
I’ll have hairnation playing anyways so won’t care much.

Sent the 1500hp car out to make it quieter earlier in the year.

Older I get, the more I’d like to hear things lmao.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm not a fan of electric cars for anything other than an appliance for folks that have given up on life. Kind of like someone that buys a minivan. And can you imagine all the snow flakes with their 1100HP Teslas, it'll be a blood bath.

However, this was pretty cool, but listen to how long the battery lasts haha.

Last edited:

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I'm not a fan of electric cars for anything other than an appliance for folks that have given up on life. Kind of like someone that buys a minivan. And can you imagine all the snow flakes with their 1100HP Teslas, it'll be a blood bath.

However, this was pretty cool, but listen to how long the battery lasts haha.

Yeah, I'll definitely take one of those please. Does not seem like a minivan, at all. That thing and my hellcat, life would be about perfect.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Thread Starter #30
I used to be the same way until I drove an A8 392. It changed my life. I never drive my A8 in automatic. It's always in manual mode and you just can't slam shifts in an M6 like you can this TF90. Sorry, but it just isn't humanly possible. Nothing to be said about it being faster... but the feel and the rush of that hard, clean shift... time and again. I don't think I can ever go back to rowing gears, not when there's something like this as an upgrade in performance, feel, efficiency, and durability.
I play that A8 tranny like a Master Pianist in manual mode.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'd be more in for a V8 powered hot rod with about 800hp with two 100hp electric motors up front for AWD and 1000HP. I couldn't get past the feeling of driving a remote control toy if it's all electric.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I'd be more in for a V8 powered hot rod with about 800hp with two 100hp electric motors up front for AWD and 1000HP. I couldn't get past the feeling of driving a remote control toy if it's all electric.
I think this is the direction the Hellcats are heading

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
This is what I have wanted since I bought the HC (and posted about here and to Santa Claus). I'd trade the extra weight of the hub drive motors up front (and the additional alternator electrical) for the the AWD power. That SOB would be awesome.

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Similar setup to the NSX - two electric motors inbound on the front axles and one on the shaft in the rear.

Less about the hp and more about the tq (+220) on the motors as they use them while building boost from the turbos.

Maclaren is going to be doing the same shortly.

The E-assist is rolling out on Mercedes now as well.

Fun time to still be driving.