Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

NEEDED - one black 5 spoke factory 2017 wheel

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So, found out today that these aluminum POS wheels are easily damaged. Have one that is out of round. Anyone have a single they're willing to sell, or know of one of the wrecking yards that has one? It is a bridge around here (expansion joint) that did it. So, that's the source of the shake.

Wheels OEM and PKA.png

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
So, found out today that these aluminum POS wheels are easily damaged. Have one that is out of round. Anyone have a single they're willing to sell, or know of one of the wrecking yards that has one? It is a bridge around here (expansion joint) that did it. So, that's the source of the shake.

View attachment 20886
So not being a wise ass. Which one is the P.O.S. The factory non vertical or the PK near vertical. Can't tell if your replacing a PK with the quality factory or factory is POS and you just need replacement.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
lol, like the title says, the factory OEMs.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Interesting. Aren't the factory 5deeps forged? Seems to be misleading info about that all over the internet but I found a brochure from 2017 that say they're forged. #11 below.

Screenshot_20200417-210150_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I would try eBay, reconditioning places & the bone yards, lots of single wheels there. Don't see them much on the forums.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Last edited:
OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
My tire shop guy called Dodge while we had the wheel on the machine. $1200.

lol, no place is near me. But I hadn't thought of that. Maybe worth checking out. Had some Benz S500 wheels that were trashed in an accident and one of those places made them look perfect.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Interesting. Aren't the factory 5deeps forged? Seems to be misleading info about that all over the internet but I found a brochure from 2017 that say they're forged. #11 below.

View attachment 20888
All the HC wheels were forged aluminum. Aluminum can deform easily (even that thick). Guy that manages that shop has one more deformed than mine on his Corvette. I don't remember hitting anything other than that expanding misaligned expansion joint (in the right hand lane of the highway the gap is so large that cars and trucks are actually eating away the concrete). Shame is, two years ago they came through here with a crew that repaired every other problem expansion joint on every I-20 bridge in this county. Will probably be years before they get back to it. All the oil field traffic really has wrecked these roads. Especially massive overweight trucks; took out one overpass (from above). And the over heights have destroyed two over passes from below (one of which was torn down and left "out" for nearly a year, only now have they started to replace it.

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Yea just bc the SRT wheels are forged doesnt mean they are that much stronger.
I’ve literally bent rims on the 4 SRT products I have had so far.
And I am very cautious here in NYC and each time I cant pin point where exactly the rim(s) got bent. Lol