Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Challenger SRT Owner

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
April 29th, 2021 drove from Las Vegas to Kingman, AR. to purchase my first Challenger SRT392. 2015 model had only 34K miles on it. Redline Red Pearlcoat exterior with red Alcantara interior. Mint condition throughout. Did have several mods done to it I noticed. One was a throttle response gadget made by a company called IDRIVE, all four wheels were replaced with VARIANT brand name wheels (dont know if the width of the wheels were widened from the stock 9.5 to something bigger), all four tires were replaced with NITTO555 G2 tires (all were kept 275 R20 so nothing staggered), the top moon roof glass exterior was stenciled with a matte black american flag, the rear "DODGE" badge between the two rear brake lights was covered by some custom rear square plate black hard plastic cover with a custom signature of "SRT" molded into it. The side exterior running orange lights were smoked tinted. Now I dont know if this SRT offered a special package from the plant but the whole hood is black matte vinyl wrapped and the top antenna is too, giving it an agressive race look. The side two badges are red colored "392" only emblems instead of "392 HEMI" badges Ive seen on most SRT Challengers in my year. The rear spoiler was changed to a HELLCAT black matte unpainted spoiler that leans lower and the two side lips wrap a little tighter around the corners of the trunk, they didnt swap the "SRT" spoiler badge from the old to the new so the spoiler is unbadged. The front grill badges look original with the new style "CHALLENGER" badge logo on the left with black lettering and the "SRT" badge on the right with what seems to me was originally brushed chrome but I think they bought custom Mopar badge vinyl wrap stencils because the "SRT" lettering has perfect cut out red vinyl wrap over the original badge lettering, I think they did that because the overall exterior of the car is red. Most front grill badges Ive seen for my make and year have the front "SRT" badges in brushed chrome finish as well as the rear spoiler badge with same finish. So that was it for the mods I inherited. I open up the hood and noticed no oil separator catch can was installed, so I installed one by JLT with red finish. I limo tinted the windows all the way around and left the front windshield alone because it was moderately tinted already as well was the moon roof. I bought a TAZER for it and modified some small things like turning off the seatbelt ding and some front light headlamp configurations, I swapped out the closed air intake box and put in a HELLCAT open side duct front headlamp inlet forced air lower box and bought the better MAHLE LX3483 filter for it and just reused my original top cover. Thats it from me so far. Does anyone with an SRT 392 in the forum have any suggestions or mods they think would enhance my vehicle?
Do I need to worry about after the original owner had drove 34K miles on it without a oil catch can, if any oil damage to the intake was done? Feel free to openly express anything you guys may think about anything I have detailed here in this thread. Thank you and glad to be part of the community.

** I forgot to add this: I was messing around on the drivers side lower console area to trace the wire from the throttle response gadget and noticed this small grey box screwed to the under console lip, it has a green button in the middle with no brand name. So I unscrewed it and looked at the back side of this little thing and it had a white label with a row of numbers and thats it, still no brand to lookup what this contraption was. Its defintely wired to something because it has wired coming off of it dissappearing somewhere under the drivers side console. So i took a picture of it from the labeled number side and let Google do a image search of it and it came back with a picture of exacty what I had had and a brand name showing of what this thing looks like when it is packaged and bought brand new. The name on the package was KARR SECURITY ALARM.
WTF is this???? Why some aftermarket POS alarm installed by the dealer if Dodge is already equipped with the factory internal security? Anyone have any input on this thing? Also I read FCA came out with a new flashable security script for Challenger SCATS and SRT and HELLCATS to prevent thieves from driving off fast in your car and it reduces the engine to 8 horse power or something, has anyone flashed this security update ? I was told the Dodge dealer can only do this. Any input?

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Welcome aboard.
Catch can is a placebo that makes some people feel more secure but has not been proven to actually help or harm. Wouldnt worry. In the time it took you to type all of that you could have posted pics which we all want lol. Be prepared for requests (see the next post for proof lol), we love to see whats been done and get ideas or roast you. Either way we want pics lol.
SRT did not offer wrapped hoods that I'm aware of, only painted and I dont think even that was an option on the SRT's. The prior owner def wrapped your hood. Your rear spoiler was upgraded to the newer optional 'Performance Spoiler' which due to the curvature did not come with a badge. Seems like the prior owner changed quite a bit.
Oh and one more thing - post pics lol.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I’d like to see a photo or two?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

OP
702SRT392REDLINE
Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Sorry I forgot to post photos, but here are a few and will have to take some interior pics and post later. Thanks for the replies.

Attachments

OP
702SRT392REDLINE
Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Here is the pic of what Google image search came back with on that little box that was screwed under the console on the drivers side. Except this package is showing just the deactivation insert tab but the grey colored pic on the package is showing what I have installed in my vehicle.

Attachments

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Sorry I forgot to post photos, but here are a few and will have to take some interior pics and post later. Thanks for the replies.
Beautiful Challenger!
Congratulations and welcome from MGC.

OP
702SRT392REDLINE
Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Beautiful Challenger!
Congratulations and welcome from MGC.
Thank you sir, thanks for the compliment(y)

OP
702SRT392REDLINE
Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Welcome aboard.
Catch can is a placebo that makes some people feel more secure but has not been proven to actually help or harm. Wouldnt worry. In the time it took you to type all of that you could have posted pics which we all want lol. Be prepared for requests (see the next post for proof lol), we love to see whats been done and get ideas or roast you. Either way we want pics lol.
SRT did not offer wrapped hoods that I'm aware of, only painted and I dont think even that was an option on the SRT's. The prior owner def wrapped your hood. Your rear spoiler was upgraded to the newer optional 'Performance Spoiler' which due to the curvature did not come with a badge. Seems like the prior owner changed quite a bit.
Oh and one more thing - post pics lol.
Thank you, and I have since uploaded some pics.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Welcome from Southern California. Beautiful Challenger.

OP
702SRT392REDLINE
Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
OP
702SRT392REDLINE
Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Welcome from Southern California. Beautiful Challenger.
Thanks for the welcome and compliment.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Welcome and congrats! Great looking SRT. Appears to have been well loved by the previous owner.

OP
702SRT392REDLINE
Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Welcome and congrats! Great looking SRT. Appears to have been well loved by the previous owner.
Thank you, and that was my overall feeling about the prior owner as well.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Nice! Welcome to the forum!

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Is that the way that rear spoiler is supposed to look?

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
That’s the duck bill spoiler. It’s an option for the challenger Redeye. Might be available for other trims to not sure. So the previous owner just added this.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
That’s the duck bill spoiler. It’s an option for the challenger Redeye. Might be available for other trims to not sure. So the previous owner just added this.
It looks like it's too far back.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That is the more expensive option.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Nice ride, Redline is an intense color. Welcome to the club.