Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New from California - '22 Durango SRT on Order

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rancho Cucamonga
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC Summit / 2022 Dodge Durango SRT 392
Hello,
I'm new to the group, and to the Durango series of SUV's. I've always been a Jeep Grand Cherokee guy, but decided to order a '22 Durango SRT 392 before these get the ax and prices go nuts. I currently have a 2021 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 with the 5.7L Hemi which will be sold/traded in once my Durango arrives at the dealership. After calling probably 7 or 8 different dealers, I found one dealer that would let me order what I wanted with zero dealer markup, and they also let me use my FCA control number to ger 1% below invoice from being a member of an FCA affiliate program. I ordered most of the options, except for the Brembo brakes (Didn't want to pay 7-8k for replacement when it's time), sunroof (which I never use on my WK2 Grand Cherokee), and the premium interior group, didn't feel it was worth the premium and it'd add a bit too much red for me, personally.
Here's my build sheet. I wish they kept Vice White for 2022 since I would have ordered it, but I chose Octane Red since it's really pretty in the right light. I'm happy to be part of the SRT community.

Attachments

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hello,
I'm new to the group, and to the Durango series of SUV's. I've always been a Jeep Grand Cherokee guy, but decided to order a '22 Durango SRT 392 before these get the ax and prices go nuts. I currently have a 2021 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 with the 5.7L Hemi which will be sold/traded in once my Durango arrives at the dealership. After calling probably 7 or 8 different dealers, I found one dealer that would let me order what I wanted with zero dealer markup, and they also let me use my FCA control number to ger 1% below invoice from being a member of an FCA affiliate program. I ordered most of the options, except for the Brembo brakes (Didn't want to pay 7-8k for replacement when it's time), sunroof (which I never use on my WK2 Grand Cherokee), and the premium interior group, didn't feel it was worth the premium and it'd add a bit too much red for me, personally.
Here's my build sheet. I wish they kept Vice White for 2022 since I would have ordered it, but I chose Octane Red since it's really pretty in the right light. I'm happy to be part of the SRT community.

Welcome!

We've got a MY19 DSRT with the Brembo two piece upgrade.

I haven't explicitly priced the DSRT O.E. 380mm rotors (they're not the 390/400mm like on the Hellcats)

With that said, the 390mm O.E. front rotors are currently going for ~$680 ea at online Mopar discount resellers.

Regardless, congratulations! I like driving our DSRT as much as my HC!

Post up pics when you get it!

; )

OP
Mosin2-5
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rancho Cucamonga
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Welcome!

We've got a MY19 DSRT with the Brembo two piece upgrade.

I haven't explicitly priced the DSRT O.E. 380mm rotors (they're not the 390/400mm like on the Hellcats)

With that said, the 390mm O.E. front rotors are currently going for ~$680 ea at online Mopar discount resellers.

Regardless, congratulations! I like driving our DSRT as much as my HC!

Post up pics when you get it!

; )
Thank you! I'm very excited. I wish I had ordered one of these when I ordered my Summit, but with the car market being a seller's market, I'll do very well with resale/trade in value on it since it's paid off. The Durango SRT will be very fun to drive from what I can tell. I know the Durango plant is closed until sometime next month for retooling, so I would anticipate a build start somewhere around the middle to end of June and getting it by August/September, so gives me time to save up a bit. Is there anything I should know about these vehicles besides the usual stuff with Hemi's? I've heard of water getting into the taillights but my friend that does freelance work for FCA says supposedly that has been remedied.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thank you! I'm very excited. I wish I had ordered one of these when I ordered my Summit, but with the car market being a seller's market, I'll do very well with resale/trade in value on it since it's paid off. The Durango SRT will be very fun to drive from what I can tell. I know the Durango plant is closed until sometime next month for retooling, so I would anticipate a build start somewhere around the middle to end of June and getting it by August/September, so gives me time to save up a bit. Is there anything I should know about these vehicles besides the usual stuff with Hemi's? I've heard of water getting into the taillights but my friend that does freelance work for FCA says supposedly that has been remedied.

The tires are a somewhat unique size and only available from a few manufacturers.

Be sure to rotate on a normal basis, ours have worn very nicely, but one member complained about "crazy" and uneven wear and having to buy new tires early.

Ours have 22k and about 1/2 tread remaing.

(I change oil and rotate every 3k)

I haven't heard about tail light water, issues and we wash very frequently, but now I'll look in the morning.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
20181211_115441.jpg

OP
Mosin2-5
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rancho Cucamonga
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
The tires are a somewhat unique size and only available from a few manufacturers.

Be sure to rotate on a normal basis, ours have worn very nicely, but one member complained about "crazy" and uneven wear and having to buy new tires early.

Ours have 22k and about 1/2 tread remaing.

(I change oil and rotate every 3k)

I haven't heard about tail light water, issues and we wash very frequently, but now I'll look in the morning.
Thank you.
I normally have the oil changed every 5k in my Jeep, and same with tire rotations. Is 5k too much for oil changes/tire rotations on the SRT? As for water in the tail lights, I'm told it starts as moisture that will eventually make the LEDs fade and then eventually burn out, but I don't know how big of an issue it is/was

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thank you.
I normally have the oil changed every 5k in my Jeep, and same with tire rotations. Is 5k too much for oil changes/tire rotations on the SRT? As for water in the tail lights, I'm told it starts as moisture that will eventually make the LEDs fade and then eventually burn out, but I don't know how big of an issue it is/was

5k is fine assuming you drive "normally".

Even 6k.

I do 3k... ...because...

OP
Mosin2-5
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rancho Cucamonga
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
5k is fine assuming you drive "normally".

Even 6k.

I do 3k... ...because...
I would suppose I drive normally, I don't really drive crazy. Have you had any issues with yours? I'm planning on at least getting the 8 year/100,000 mile Max Care warranty to make sure that I'm covered in the event something major happens, it'll be fully covered.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
We've had zero issues!

Funny story about our DSRT.

I reset all of the Performance page timers one time and then checked them a week later...

The only person that drove it...

Mrs. BULL

Top speed...

Complete denial from her, THAT had to be you she claimed...

LOL

OP
Mosin2-5
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rancho Cucamonga
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
We've had zero issues!

Funny story about our DSRT.

I reset all of the Performance page timers one time and then checked them a week later...

The only person that drove it...

Mrs. BULL

Top speed...

Complete denial from her, THAT had to be you she claimed...

LOL
Hah!
That's pretty good. Glad to hear your experience has been very positive so far! I'm hoping mine is the same way. I'm glad I was able to order one of these before they stopped orders.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Welcome @Mosin2-5 The Octane Red is awesome in the sun.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Hello,
Congrats! We’ve got a DSRT in our family as well and LOVE it!

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congrats and welcome aboard

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hello,
Congratulations and welcome from the MGC.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
^^^ That's one FAT cat & I don't mean the Challenger !!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That's the same size as on the Trackhawks, right?

Let me know when you need new tires, as I have a set of Conti DWS on wheels and a set of Michelins left over after selling the 'Hawks.
Less than 100 miles on the Contis, and maybe 1,500 on the Michelins.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
That's the same size as on the Trackhawks, right?

Let me know when you need new tires, as I have a set of Conti DWS on wheels and a set of Michelins left over after selling the 'Hawks.
Less than 100 miles on the Contis, and maybe 1,500 on the Michelins.

295s

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That's what I thought.

The Michelins are 285s, as they don't exist in a 295, but the difference was minute in revs per mile, and I didn't mind that my girlfriend would have slightly narrower tires when driving in slush.

Just wanted something better than the stock Pirellis on there...which isn't saying much.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States