Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Nitto $1000 to win is back for the 3rd year

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I only run those on the street.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
I only run those on the street.
For that race I will run them. I have won $2000 and I was .005 away from another $1000 last year

Last edited:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
For that race I will run them. I have won $2000 and I was .005 away from another $1000 lat year
Hopefully with tuning this year we can get you running a class so you don't have to feather it on take off to get the time you want.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Hopefully with tuning this year we can get you running a class so you don't have to feather it on take off to get the time you want.
He’ll need to disconnect his brake lights so the competition can’t see him sandbagging!

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
He’ll need to disconnect his brake lights so the competition can’t see him sandbagging!
Only if there were rules against it. I was beat out the last race by a mid 10 second car being he had a bad pass. He wasn't aiming for 11's just landed there. Heck he left after the runs and a friend called him to tell him he won the class. The race before was the same thing, guy just landed there. Not everyone is trying to win a class, some are just making passes cause they get to race for free.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
I think there are a lot that win a class and they are not even trying. I know of another that had a 10.02 average and was beat by a guy that was all over the place. Again there was no way he was aiming for the 10.00 class he was just trying to make the best passes he could

If you had to tell them which class you were aiming for the people trying may win more since you couldn't win that class by luck

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Only if there were rules against it. I was beat out the last race by a mid 10 second car being he had a bad pass. He wasn't aiming for 11's just landed there. Heck he left after the runs and a friend called him to tell him he won the class. The race before was the same thing, guy just landed there. Not everyone is trying to win a class, some are just making passes cause they get to race for free.
I was just kidding because your car is pretty consistently faster than 11.0. You might need to practice how close to the finish line to hit the brakes…or maybe what rpm’s to come off the line to slow your 60’ times down just enough. I’m sure you will figure out how to get in the winner’s circle![cheers]

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
I was just kidding because your car is pretty consistently faster than 11.0. You might need to practice how close to the finish line to hit the brakes…or maybe what rpm’s to come off the line to slow your 60’ times down just enough. I’m sure you will figure out how to get in the winner’s circle![cheers]
Some of these guys get up to a certain mph and try to stay there

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
That sounds hard to do. I was thinking your launch rpm’s could make a difference? You could give up a little traction to reduce your 60’ and your ET since you’re not trying to actually win the race?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
This year we will pull power to get him where he wants. Once he adds his pulley pretty easy to run 10.0 consistently.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
This year we will pull power to get him where he wants. Once he adds his pulley pretty easy to run 10.0 consistently.
(y)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Those races are fun. I did the one they had at Beech Bend a couple years back. The rules were a bit strange in that you didn't technically declare the class you were racing in, they just lumped you based on ET. In the end I had something like a 11.10 avg and technically won the 11.00 class which I was trying to compete in, but I was also the second fastest car in the event. A guy in a Demon avg'd like 10.80s or something can't remember so that bumped me to event runner up which seemed like an odd "award".

Was all fine and good but I ended up with an internet stalker go nuts on me when I claimed I won the 11.00 class in a YT video LOL. I thought there had just been a mistake at awards and didn't wanna be a jerk about it. She had all her friends face book stalking me and all kindsa crazy stuff. Good times.