Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

NMCA at Indy

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Last weekend I was at Indy racing the Hemi class again. Since I won the 11 second class in Michigan I thought I would try it again. Drove down Friday and got the car through tech so I was already for Saturday. They gave us a test pass and I ran a new best 10.90@125. At the drivers meeting they said we were not going to run back to back but would be running every half hour or so. We were finally called for our 1st run about 4:00. The car spun a little but ran 10.97. I knew I would have to slow the car down a little to get my average. It was about 8:30 when they called us for our next pass (so much for 30 minutes in between). I eased into it for one, less chances of spinning, and two it would slow the car down. I ran 11.03 which had my average at 11.00 with one run left. They called us back to lanes pretty fast. My goal was to run an 11.0x and make sure I don't run in the 10's were I would be part of the 10 second class. I had an even slower 60 ft 1.72 (1.70 on second pass) and even hit the brakes at the end and only went 122 mph but ran 11.09. My average was 11.038. Before the awards they said to look at the sheets to make sure every run was correct and my 3rd pass had ??? I showed them my time slip and noticed my time slip showed my number as 519 and it was 514. I was told sometimes they have issues with 4 and 9's. They got it corrected and low and behold I won again!!! 2nd place was 11.13 so I had it by a tenth.

Now in Michigan we started around 4:00 and all 3 passes were done by 4:35. We were all done after the awards and pictures before 7 so I figure the same thing we happen in Indy. I had planned on driving home Saturday night but that went out the window after 7 and I still had the 2 passes to make (5 hour drive home) At the end of the awards they announce the quick 8. I knew there were a lot of faster cars but some didn't want to run it and I made the 8th spot. I knew it was $100 to lose 1st round so it would pay for the hotel room I was not planning on getting. Being I was the slowest my game plan was to guess the light (pro tree) which could give me a good light and make up some of the time or I could go red, well I was to soon so I was done.

Hopefully Dodge will do this again next year at the NMCA races. They give you tickets to get in for all 4 days and pay for your racing Saturday. Now it will only be $100 to win your class next. Nitto was giving away the $1000 if you won the class and ran their tires this year. If any of them are close to you try to go. The whole point of it was Dodge was trying to get people to run their cars that may have never been to a drag strip before.

Mine were all by chance. The race was suppose to be at Norwalk, OH but they cancelled their season and it was moved to Michigan. If not for that I probably would not have run either event. They signed a 3 year deal to come back to Michigan next year July 23-25th and will also be returning to Norwalk. Looks like they gave us the Joliet, IL race which has been that weekend
20200929_163100.jpg 20200929_162858.jpg 20200929_162813.jpg 20200929_170313.jpg

Member ID
Reactions
City
park ridge
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Octane Red WR RE
Nice write up. Congrats!(y)

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Absolutely awesome to win $1,000 each of the first two times you raced the car! Not too many guys racing can say they have had that kind of success! Just curious how many cars running for the 11.0 Nitto $1,000 challenge?

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Here is the list. I don't know how many of them had the Nitto's. Some are all over the place so they fell into a slower class then they were able to run
9-29.jpg

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
You beat Jessica Richard’s Redeye again! Looks like she was sandbagging and couldn’t pull it off with your runs being so consistent?

Last edited:
OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
She just had it tuned also so it was making more power then the last race. She was having issues with traction

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
There were a few Demons there and Redeyes along with Hellcats. I know there are a lot more out there and it would be great to see them racing. We own Dodge's, this is what we are about. Not garage queens that if there is a cloud in the sky it sits there.