Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

OEM Demon Torque Converter. SOLD

Trader history for Marc W (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I ended up selling my trans separately so I will now sell this near new Demon Converter.
I bought this new from Hell Raiser Performance transmissions in Florida. It is a factory Demon converter (hard to find) with a approximate stall of 2500 to 2800 rpm. Stock Hellcat is around 1700 from what I've been told. If you want one here's your chance!
As you can see in the picture... there is some spotty discoloring of the steel. It is not painted..... that's the way it came. As far as I know they're all that way. It does not affect performance.
As far as use goes..... it has 400 miles on it with a couple half mile runs and 3 quarter mile passes. It is basically as new.

I paid $1300 shipped with the added core charge. I'll take $700 plus shipping via PayPal. You can see the box dimensions and weight in the picture so you can figure what your shipping costs would be from 84738. I will ship via Fed Ex Ground. Thanks IMG_9549.jpg IMG_9550.JPG

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
If I had a automatic I’d be all over this, SUPER deal!!
good luck with the sale

Best Vapor

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Valrico
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
What kind of power can the Demon convertor take compared to the aftermarket stuff

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #4
What kind of power can the Demon convertor take compared to the aftermarket stuff
I have no idea. I wanted to go with the Demon because I figured it was a converter that was factory designed and built from scratch for a higher power street car being used for drag racing. The aftermarket converters are Hellcat converters that are modified to increase stall. I have not heard anything that would say stay away from them. Just my choice to go with one that was originally designed vs modified. At the time I started shopping I could not find a real Demon converter. Like most of the Demon stuff it was restricted. I was told by one of the forum members to check with Chuck at Hell Raiser because he had one. He did and I talked him into selling it to me. I have to say.... it worked beautifully at the higher power level with the big cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.