Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

OEM Wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
ORDERING 2022 HC RE AS SOON AS DODGE TAKES ORDERS
Hi everyone. I am in the market for a new Charger RE HC. There are four wheel options. The standard issue are "20 inch X 11 inch Carbon Black 'Lightweight' Wheels." For $1,295 more you can get "20 inch X 11 inch Carbon Black 'Aluminum' Wheels." The other two choices just seem like appearance variations. My question is are the standard issue 'Lightweight' wheels NOT aluminum? If so, it would seem like the 'Aluminum' wheels might be lighter than the 'Lightweight' wheels and therefore a performance mod. Many thanks!

Robert

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hi everyone. I am in the market for a new Charger RE HC. There are four wheel options. The standard issue are "20 inch X 11 inch Carbon Black 'Lightweight' Wheels." For $1,295 more you can get "20 inch X 11 inch Carbon Black 'Aluminum' Wheels." The other two choices just seem like appearance variations. My question is are the standard issue 'Lightweight' wheels NOT aluminum? If so, it would seem like the 'Aluminum' wheels might be lighter than the 'Lightweight' wheels and therefore a performance mod. Many thanks!

Robert

I believe they are both forged aluminum, but the light weight wheel has less features, therefore less mass?

OP
R
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
ORDERING 2022 HC RE AS SOON AS DODGE TAKES ORDERS
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Bull. I thought they all would be aluminum. I think you must be right. I think I will go with the standard 'lightweight' wheels that are 1.3K less money.

Robert