Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Oh the Electric change is definitely here and I certainly hope the future Electric owners can dish back all the favors us ICE age owners did.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I don't buy into the environmental BS. The movement is designed for globalist control and is just another religion at this point. Nothing the western world could do anyway on a global scale. That said I like clean air and taking care of what you have. Sensible solutions are good, like catalytic converters. Made a big difference in LA and I can get behind that. Buying an electric car to save the planet, utter stupidity.

However what I care more about is performance. I won't throw out the performance advantages of an electric power train just because of its environmental association. The Tesla Model S P100D as an example, is just an awesome performing vehicle. Imagine what could be done with even more potent electrical energy storage and delivery. All wheel drive and the motor controls....electric powered machines will get continue to get faster. All while being daily driver capable. Yes, the noise of a powerful ICE is intoxicating and I love it, a lot. However mountains of instant torque that can actually get to the ground is quite appealing as well. I'm not going to get rid of my ICE machines but I'd be happy to add a performance electric to my stable of fun. The upcoming Tesla Roadster would work for me.