Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

OK, what will I run?

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
2019 Red Eye......3.09.....2.85 upper, catless mids, 180 stat, 305/45/17 Mickey ET street SS. Tune and transmission tune by Peitz Performance. Mustang dyno indicated 98 horsepower bump due to mods 616 to 714. Houston Raceway track rental 9/21/19 7pm to 1 am and prep should be real good. Track is 45 feet above sea level, DA should be around +1000. Should have around 10 mph tailwind. Due to the fact the track is < 5 miles from Trinity Bay, the humidity will be very high. I just wish these dates were in November through March so we can have ATCO type of negative DA. No weight reduction and I'm at 275.

I will also be a part of the track rental during Moparfest on October 4th, however I will have a fresh pair of Mickey's ET street R in the same size.

My guess is around 10.1 to 10.2 @ 131 to 133. The rwhp reading of 714 intimidates me as I thought the number would be higher, but we'll see when it comes time to get the time slip.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I'm guessing you are probably close on the ET but you will be more like 135+ in mph.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
What did you run before the mods?

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #4
What did you run before the mods?
I made several 10.7passes at 126, but she was brand new and was hardly broken in. This was also done at a secondary drag strip, not one with great prep like Houston Raceway has.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I made several 10.7passes at 126, but she was brand new and was hardly broken in. This was also done at a secondary drag strip, not one with great prep like Houston Raceway has.
Then my guess is 9.99-10.25

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #6
For those that don't know, we're in a horrible weather pattern with flooding all over south east Texas, which includes the greater Houston area. They called off Saturday nights racing due to high water and the possibility of water seepage through the strip.

As disappointed as I am, this is OK.

So I'll be on a track rental the day before Moparfest with my Mickey R's on..................so we can continue to guess what my times will be for October 4th. My guess is that since this is a part of Moparfest the strip will have first class prep, however the weather (DA) will be the biggest question mark.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You said Redeye and 2.85 pulley. That puts you at 17-18psi of boost? You didn't list the fuel you're tuned on.....E85?

With that much boost, good fuel, and good air 9.80s easy I think at 135+ MPH. With minor weight reduction 9.60s.

If you're on pump gas (93 octane?) maybe 10.1, but I def wouldn't hot lap it.

Dyno numbers seem odd, but dynos are just tuning tools in the end.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
What fuel are you using?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #9
What fuel are you using?

I'll probably put in around 5 gallons of 104 on top of Shell 93 octane. I want that 9.xx

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I'll probably put in around 5 gallons of 104 on top of Shell 93 octane. I want that 9.xx
Thats a good safety net . Make sure you log every run . And most important keep us posted !

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Texas RE...I'll probably see ya out at the Moparfest...I'm 3 miles from HRP. Been my home track since '88. We're running similar mods except gear ratio and I'm keeping my cats. Looking forward to seeing what you end up running. I may shoot mine through in December at a buddies private rental. This air sucks right now so I'm in no hurry.

After finishing all the paint corrections, CQuartz Pro and PPF install I decided to go ahead and finish this round of mods. 2.85 Hellraiser / ID1050's / t-stat and tune. Not sure what hp/tq gain we'll see over stock. At this time I'm only interested in running 93. When a dual tune becomes available I may look into that as well.

I have a feeling the Redeye's aren't going to be dyno queens using the factory '19 RE ECU. Alex might be able to explain things a bit better. I know he used to work for Cody at Whitehead MS.

A few of us are under the suspicion that the TM tables are pulling in the reigns pretty good when modding and tuning the RE's on a dyno. A few theories why but I'm in the camp believing the front wheel sensors might have something to do with it. Not sure but with the ECU not seeing the front tires rolling that may be playing a big part on the low dyno numbers after modding.

The hp/tq numbers I'm seeing don't seem to mesh with the ET/MPH in a 4450+ lb car. I might be wrong but it seems off. The Demon and Hellcats are not having this issue on the dyno. With the '19 RE it looks like momma Dodge may have have added some secret sauce to pull in the reigns on the dyno when the front wheels are static, while manipulating boost/timing/fuel over factory specs. I'm curious if anyone knows if this the case or not. I'll report back when we get some final numbers after mods are complete and some time at HRP. Good luck and hope to see ya out one day.

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #12
Djason, why not just come by and hang out on October 4th 9 am to 5 pm. I think there are 30 cars running @ $175 a car. I normally don't run in this bad weather, I do like you and wait until we have negative DA, however this cheap rental, plus the having the itch to try out the mods on a very well prepped track brings me out. I'll be in a plum crazy with HC RED I as the license plate. Name is Jim. Maybe see you then, if not for sure in November through March.

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
I'll more than likely come out and spectate. That's a killer deal for sure. Isn't the LS Moparfest a Saturday only deal or are they doing Friday also? HRP usually does their Friday night race deal but it sucks unless you get there very early. Gets packed any you'll be lucky to get in 3-4 passes before the end of the night. Sounds good Jim I'll be lookin for ya.

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #14
I'll more than likely come out and spectate. That's a killer deal for sure. Isn't the LS Moparfest a Saturday only deal or are they doing Friday also? HRP usually does their Friday night race deal but it sucks unless you get there very early. Gets packed any you'll be lucky to get in 3-4 passes before the end of the night. Sounds good Jim I'll be lookin for ya.
It's a track rental on Friday, as a part of Moparfest, then all day Saturday for the other part of Moparfest.

During days of great and negative DA, I usually try to get to the track really early, and do my prep while in line in the staging lanes. I usually get in 2-3 runs before the crowd gathers.

By the way, do you know much about HP Tuners? Peitz tuned my car using HP Tuners and I've never used it before and would love to data log my car, however until I get a bit of help I won't buy the $300 worth of parts for the computer interface between the ODB and my laptop.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
What's your 60ft look like on that 10.7 run? The ET Rs are better tires for the track vs the SS tires, so that will help a lot.

I ran 18psi in the tires, launched at 1500 RPM back in April, stock Redeye on a ET Rs ran a 10.46@130mph at 1900 DA (Track is 2350ft elevation/1.47 60ft) It was a rare and cold dry day.

Same setup this weekend 3500-3700DA (More typical for us if not higher!) I ran a 10.76@127 1.55 60ft.

I'm expecting 9s on stock pulley E85 setup at my local track on a good day and low 10s on a higher DA day (when I get modded).

That said with a 2.85 pulley in good DA/track prep, I don't see why you won't hit 9s if you can 60ft the car. 60ft is everything, and practice practice! I'd kill for 1000DA, lol. I'm planning on swinging out by the coast (west) to attempt to get a PB in a lower elevation track. Hoping for no rain! My local track just had their last event this weekend! It's closed for winter! lame. Track is only open 6 months out of the year and has only had 1 event a month. It's a dying track and I'm going to be looking for a truck and trailer when I can, lol.

Best of luck! Get that 9! If you need tips before you go, ask!

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #16
My 60 foot on the 10.7s were 1.59-1.62.

Max, good luck on getting some killer DA.

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
It's a track rental on Friday, as a part of Moparfest, then all day Saturday for the other part of Moparfest.

During days of great and negative DA, I usually try to get to the track really early, and do my prep while in line in the staging lanes. I usually get in 2-3 runs before the crowd gathers.

By the way, do you know much about HP Tuners? Peitz tuned my car using HP Tuners and I've never used it before and would love to data log my car, however until I get a bit of help I won't buy the $300 worth of parts for the computer interface between the ODB and my laptop.
Ahhh...ok cool. I'll be out there.

I'm familiar with HPTuners as many of my past cars have been tuned with it. With that said I've usually had my buddy do all the data logging during some final tuning on the street. I've not taken the time to learn what's needed to do the data logging myself. If I lived at the track and kept tweaking I'd probably take the time to learn but once I'm done with the mods and final tuning it's pretty much a set it and forget it deal for me. The days of trying to set the world on fire with my cars are over. I'm happy with a few bolt-ons to squeeze what I can "safely" from a true street car that I can take long road trips with and drive anywhere on pump. Pretty much what I've done with my n/a 600 rwhp Z06. Doesn't seem like much hp but in a 3100lb car, with the power under the curve it has...it's a beast.

Last edited:

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
You will need to get that 60 down in the low 1.4s to go 9s. If that doesn't happen, you'll prolly go 10.2-10.3x depending on the air. 10.4-10.5s if the DA is over 2500. This assumes an otherwise stock full weight red-eye

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You guys running 2.85 pulleys on RE with 93 octane...how much boost do you see?

I have several tuning and datalogging videos on my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/speedysgarage if you want some info to get going. Very easy actually and a must at the track imo.

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
You guys running 2.85 pulleys on RE with 93 octane...how much boost do you see?

I have several tuning and datalogging videos on my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/speedysgarage if you want some info to get going. Very easy actually and a must at the track imo.
Thanks Speedy...I've watched several of your vids. Great tuning vid BTW! I'm not sure what Jim is seeing but I'm under the impression it'll be 18-19lbs. I'll know more by the end of the week.

Last edited: