Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Once a MOPAR guy always a MOPAR guy!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I have been in and out of MOPARS since the early 80s and especially Dodge Ram trucks since the 90s to present. Itstarted in 1983 buying a 1971 Cuda and then a 72 Challenger and 74. The car side really came back to me in 2004 when they introduced the Charger SRT. which I owned a few and the 2008 Superbee B5 Blue. And I owned the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 2006 model and Viper Trucks. At one time back in the late 90s I had the Ram 1500, Ram 2500, Ram 3500 and Dakota R/T’s 2 of them all at one time. I came close to picking up the Viper numerous times but just didn’t fit the seat of my pants. Back in the 2000 -2010 time I picked up the Ram 1500s , 2500s the Power Wagon, 3500 Duallys and Classic Fender look Mega Cab, Dakota Quad Cabs. And over the last 7-8 years I have owned the Ram 1500s Diesel, Gas, 2500 Mega Cabs Diesel, Gas, 3500 Mega Cabs Diesel as well. I got into the Jeep Wrangler thing in 2013 as well as the Jeep Grand Cherokees and Cherokee too. And over the last 4 years I’ve owned the 14 Challenger R/T to the 15 SRT to the 16 Hellcat and now 19 Redeye WB. And I have owned the SRT Charger 2015 model to the 2016 Hellcat Charger.
Then i got rid of most of the Mopar stuff a few years ago and went to the Ford side and still have the Ford. But truly got rid of everything Mopar with the exception of the Jeep Wrangler. I sold both my Hellcats the spring of 2018 and felt I’m crazy but there will be another day. I truly felt as many here in the spring Summer of 2019 their would be a huge reveal for the 2020 model 50th anniversary and sold my Hellcats feeling something bigger and badder would prevail. And yes the Red Eye IMO definitely prevailed but thought there would be more and especially for the Charger. But nope no big surprise besides the WB Charger which I have mixed feelings on. This last August the HP dollar days are announced and I find a WB RE exactly the way I would have ordered it and purchase her. Meanwhile I’m watching the Charger Market and weighing my options on the new WB HC and holly smokes these things have gotten expensive lol. My selling dealer gets 4 of the HC Daytona’s in last week and I check them out and I’m just not excited and way too much money IMO since no discount. A leftover 2019 White with Blue Stripes Charger HC is sitting in front of the dealer for like the last 6 months which I have been watching and growing on me since I’m not a stripe guy. The new WB Scat Paks look good but all optioned out and yikes you can get a HC Charger used and or a stripped new one within 4-5k Price difference. And the WB Scat Paks are super rare for now while there’s more of WB HC’s available in my area over non HC WB. As my posting says “Once a MOPAR guy always a MOPAR guy” and yes ladies could be GAL lol so no offense which is my point of the posting. I can’t live without my MOPARS and as my user name says ChargerChallenger I’m back owning both again. Tomorrow I go pick her up and my RE will have a sister. My success and failures have always been with my MOPARS and hope the good fortune continues and I have my MOPAR garage back again. And yes the HP Dollar Days are still happening for the Charger and they are discounting which is why I’m moving forward to take her home tomorrow and will post pics of my new ride and fun time. And my daughter for the last year asks all the time if I will buy a Charger again lol she loves the Mopar cars their her favorite and she’s 15 1/2 years old. So with a glimmer of hope not all the young ones will forget the good old ICE Age days.

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
So you are getting the white one with blue stripes?

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You can see by my signature that I have been, and always will be, a Mopar guy. I love these vehicles!

srtdusty

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Mound
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger
Congrats, mopar or no car guy here

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I have been in and out of MOPARS since the early 80s and especially Dodge Ram trucks since the 90s to present. Itstarted in 1983 buying a 1971 Cuda and then a 72 Challenger and 74. The car side really came back to me in 2004 when they introduced the Charger SRT. which I owned a few and the 2008 Superbee B5 Blue. And I owned the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 2006 model and Viper Trucks. At one time back in the late 90s I had the Ram 1500, Ram 2500, Ram 3500 and Dakota R/T’s 2 of them all at one time. I came close to picking up the Viper numerous times but just didn’t fit the seat of my pants. Back in the 2000 -2010 time I picked up the Ram 1500s , 2500s the Power Wagon, 3500 Duallys and Classic Fender look Mega Cab, Dakota Quad Cabs. And over the last 7-8 years I have owned the Ram 1500s Diesel, Gas, 2500 Mega Cabs Diesel, Gas, 3500 Mega Cabs Diesel as well. I got into the Jeep Wrangler thing in 2013 as well as the Jeep Grand Cherokees and Cherokee too. And over the last 4 years I’ve owned the 14 Challenger R/T to the 15 SRT to the 16 Hellcat and now 19 Redeye WB. And I have owned the SRT Charger 2015 model to the 2016 Hellcat Charger.
Then i got rid of most of the Mopar stuff a few years ago and went to the Ford side and still have the Ford. But truly got rid of everything Mopar with the exception of the Jeep Wrangler. I sold both my Hellcats the spring of 2018 and felt I’m crazy but there will be another day. I truly felt as many here in the spring Summer of 2019 their would be a huge reveal for the 2020 model 50th anniversary and sold my Hellcats feeling something bigger and badder would prevail. And yes the Red Eye IMO definitely prevailed but thought there would be more and especially for the Charger. But nope no big surprise besides the WB Charger which I have mixed feelings on. This last August the HP dollar days are announced and I find a WB RE exactly the way I would have ordered it and purchase her. Meanwhile I’m watching the Charger Market and weighing my options on the new WB HC and holly smokes these things have gotten expensive lol. My selling dealer gets 4 of the HC Daytona’s in last week and I check them out and I’m just not excited and way too much money IMO since no discount. A leftover 2019 White with Blue Stripes Charger HC is sitting in front of the dealer for like the last 6 months which I have been watching and growing on me since I’m not a stripe guy. The new WB Scat Paks look good but all optioned out and yikes you can get a HC Charger used and or a stripped new one within 4-5k Price difference. And the WB Scat Paks are super rare for now while there’s more of WB HC’s available in my area over non HC WB. As my posting says “Once a MOPAR guy always a MOPAR guy” and yes ladies could be GAL lol so no offense which is my point of the posting. I can’t live without my MOPARS and as my user name says ChargerChallenger I’m back owning both again. Tomorrow I go pick her up and my RE will have a sister. My success and failures have always been with my MOPARS and hope the good fortune continues and I have my MOPAR garage back again. And yes the HP Dollar Days are still happening for the Charger and they are discounting which is why I’m moving forward to take her home tomorrow and will post pics of my new ride and fun time. And my daughter for the last year asks all the time if I will buy a Charger again lol she loves the Mopar cars their her favorite and she’s 15 1/2 years old. So with a glimmer of hope not all the young ones will forget the good old ICE Age days.
We have a Charger HC and a Challenger HC together in our garage and I feel like the luckiest guy in the world. Your Mopar list makes me feel like a pauper...nah, not really, but dang dude!

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I grew up in the 80s and learning to drive in the 90s my used car pool was 80s Camaro IROCs, and Trans Am GTAs. Didn't care for the Mustang (really never have). I ended up buying a 1984 Camaro Berlinetta (Star Wars - digital dash) from a family friend who was an aircraft mechanic. Car had 116,000 miles and was in really good shape.

I remember my Dad and I looked at a Firebird Formula and remember the owner telling my Dad it was a safe car because "of how many times he tried rolling it." Needless to say I went with Carmaro from the family friend but I really wanted a Trans Am.

I don't remember Mopar cars in the 80s, at least didn't pop up on my radar. Were the 80s a low time for Mopar? Just curious?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I grew up in the 80s and learning to drive in the 90s my used car pool was 80s Camaro IROCs, and Trans Am GTAs. Didn't care for the Mustang (really never have). I ended up buying a 1984 Camaro Berlinetta (Star Wars - digital dash) from a family friend who was an aircraft mechanic. Car had 116,000 miles and was in really good shape.

I remember my Dad and I looked at a Firebird Formula and remember the owner telling my Dad it was a safe car because "of how many times he tried rolling it." Needless to say I went with Carmaro from the family friend but I really wanted a Trans Am.

I don't remember Mopar cars in the 80s, at least didn't pop up on my radar. Were the 80s a low time for Mopar? Just curious?
sigh................

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

The 1980s was all about Iococca saving Chrysler. The K cars, the minivans, and acquiring Jeep via AMC. Not much excitement for enthusiasts in those years, but the stage was set.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
sigh................
Well...at least I'm not missing these Mopar times. Better late than never...

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Mopar or no car.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Well...at least I'm not missing these Mopar times. Better late than never...
Chrysler nailed it in the first round of muscle, but I think now is better than ever!

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
My first 2 vehicles were Mopars, and I'm all in on FCA products, and while I love the "Mopar or No Car" mantra....I just can't go with just one make.

I like Corvettes and Mustangs too.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I was a hardcore Chevy guy my whole life. Still love, respect, and admire their performance, engineering and durability. But when I saw the new Challenger that was it. It was the one. I was old school muscle all the way but when I decided to make the jump to new school I chose Mopar. Chevy doesn't make any body styles that speak to me and I can't see them making something soooo much to my liking I'd switch. I love the Challenger. So much so I have a supercharged 6.1 now that is in perfect condition , but when I stepped up I got a bigger badder bitch from Mopar, no-one else.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
My story is very close to yours - started off with a 72 Cuda, the a 72 Barracuda, a 71 Roadrunner, a 78 Power Wagon, another 72 Barracuda (my third), a 67 Dart GT, a 93 Ramcharger, a 74 Challenger, a 3500 Ram dually, then to my 15 Challenger Hellcat (with a number of others thrown in the mix here and there).
The kicker is my youngest daughter (turning 21 soon) has claimed the 67 Dart and her first purchase was a 14 SRT8 Charger... lol

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The 1980s was all about Iococca saving Chrysler. The K cars, the minivans, and acquiring Jeep via AMC. Not much excitement for enthusiasts in those years, but the stage was set.
Yep.
Agree.
Why I"sighed" above.
Really could not think of an optimistic response (other than, we are rocking now)!

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
sigh................
The Shelby GLH or Shelby 4 door Lancer were about the hottest Mopars you could get in the 80’s

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Damn, I don't have the passion like you guys do. I just love the Hellcats specifically lol.

Bought a brand new Chrysler 300S back in my early 20s, white exterior with red interior fresh off the truck. That's what took me into this platform. Oh, and a salesman who took me for a spirited drive in an SRT superbee when I was 18 also did it, lol.

PJO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Louisville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Yup, the 80s weren’t kind to any of the manufacturers, with Mopar probably faring the worst. I owned Dodge’s newest, fastest, offering in 1984, the Daytona Turbo. 145 wild horses unleashed, as I recall. I won’t say it was a bad car, but, yes, it was a bad car.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yup, the 80s weren’t kind to any of the manufacturers, with Mopar probably faring the worst. I owned Dodge’s newest, fastest, offering in 1984, the Daytona Turbo. 145 wild horses unleashed, as I recall. I won’t say it was a bad car, but, yes, it was a bad car.
Was gonna post that before! LOL. My friend's wife (then girlfriend) bought one new. Turbo didn't last a year.