Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

One of my employees and his wife tested positive

Magnified

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
I was exposed to him Friday, Monday, and briefly Tuesday (when I sent him home). So I have been exposed. My sister had it over the last three weeks, also from one of her employees, and as a dentist they were practicing near-clean room procedures. She nearly died, and she is in top physical shape (takes Iron Woman triathlon first place routinely). I am, obviously, not in such shape. So, I will have to trust to luck. Whenever I was in that office wore mask, but did it aside to drink occassionally. Did try and minimize any time in office. But was in car with him at one point (both masked). Wish me luck.

HWDan

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Hoping at worst, you end up just being asymptomatic and have a great immunity system to counter it.

ChargerChallenger

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Keep the FAITH Magnified you've gotten this far in life and still kicking.

T_Trahan44

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Mag, we'll be praying for you, my friend. If you do end up with it, make a speedy recovery! You've got everyone here praying for you and your familys safety.

Best wishes, from your Hellcat family.

Hellcatcfp

3000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Simi Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Damn...sorry to hear. What has your doctor said?

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Reiterating what has been expressed: You and your family are in our prayers that all will come thru happy and HEALTHY!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
I was exposed to him Friday, Monday, and briefly Tuesday (when I sent him home). So I have been exposed. My sister had it over the last three weeks, also from one of her employees, and as a dentist they were practicing near-clean room procedures. She nearly died, and she is in top physical shape (takes Iron Woman triathlon first place routinely). I am, obviously, not in such shape. So, I will have to trust to luck. Whenever I was in that office wore mask, but did it aside to drink occassionally. Did try and minimize any time in office. But was in car with him at one point (both masked). Wish me luck.

There is some suggestion that Zinc helps, but if you start it, it is also believed to NOT stop taking it until after you've cleared up or you'll suffer a "rebound".

(I was exposed Wednesday, so I started)

OP
Magnified

Magnified

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #8
Thank you all.

Been watching this while my sister was suffering. In El Paso they have 4 portable morgues in operation and are still swamped. They are begging for workers, even enlisting inmates for $2 an hour. The county judge ordered a general closure to try and rein it in but that was overruled by the governor who says the county has not enforced the rules that are already in place adequately. El Paso is 350 miles west of me, but I've been there many times. Hard to watch them struggling like that. We were going to head out to my place in New Mexico for Thanksgiving. Still trying to decide whether to do that or not. While we were out there would be when I would likely to develop serious symptoms if I am sick, and El Paso is the nearest major city.

A guy I know who works at one of the hardware stores here died on Wednesday.

Wish we had approached this differently. Australia and New Zealand both have, essentially, zero cases at this point. Going to see movies, eat out, have large gatherings, etc..., with no one sick.

Hellcatcfp

3000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Simi Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
There is some suggestion that Zinc helps, but if you start it, it is also believed to NOT stop taking it until after you've cleared up or you'll suffer a "rebound".

(I was exposed Wednesday, so I started)
Zinc and vitamin D...can't hurt even if placebo.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #10
already on that buddy. watch the dosage of zinc, too much can have unwanted side effects (and those who initially took the zinc by nasal spray permanently (!) lost their sense of smell. (this was back before covid when zinc was shown to shorten colds by a day or two if taken within 24 hours of infection)

Grape Ape

Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Hang in there Mag! You will beat it and be just fine!

Diboblo

1000 Posts Club
Vendor
Founding Member
Premium Account
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Have you been tested?

If not... do it.

Keeping you in our thoughts, brother.

Bob

OP
Magnified

Magnified

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #13
Will get tested as soon as I can. Test shortage here has now changed the requirements to 3 days of obvious symptoms before you get a test. I still might be able to swing it. We'll see. In the end though, what real difference would it make?

EDIT - have always known it would be something respiratory that gets me if I live long enough. My lungs are very large and while that has its benefits, also means its easier to have bugs latch on as well.

But, don't count me out until you see the box going in the ground.

parrot under ifre.gif

Last edited:

Diboblo

1000 Posts Club
Vendor
Founding Member
Premium Account
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Stress is a big factor in health.

Knowing whether you are infected, or not, is a big thing... stress wise.

It takes two weeks to manifest. You can get really worked up, in two weeks,without knowing.

Keep us posted.

Bob

AeroF16

Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
For a reference point:

We have continued working in an office like environment since May. We do the standard stuff - masks, social distancing, etc., but no extraordinary measure.

Though we have had multiple employees come down with the virus, we have had zero employee to employee transmission. They all were exposed in their private life and, even then, it did not get passed around my work site.

Hopefully that puts you at ease a bit. Praying for a healthy outcome.

Diboblo

1000 Posts Club
Vendor
Founding Member
Premium Account
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
For a reference point:

We have continued working in an office like environment since May. We do the standard stuff - masks, social distancing, etc., but no extraordinary measure.

Though we have had multiple employees come down with the virus, we have had zero employee to employee transmission. They all were exposed in their private life and, even then, it did not get passed around my work site.

Same here.

Masks.

Distancing.

1 person got an "abnormal" result. Though it wasn't positive, she was asked to quarantine for 14 days. Never presented with any symptoms.

No cases of employee transmission.

55 employees.

No masks, at the workbench (we are 9 feet apart). No issues.

Bob

OP
Magnified

Magnified

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #17
For a reference point:

I have been tracking things like this closely. I think I am okay except for two incidents. Had to travel with him in a car and in a clients home for 20 to 30 minutes. We were both masked, but it was an enclosed circulatory environment. I may have cracked the mask once or twice to take a drink. Other is office itself, where I sat for 30 minutes or more about 6 feet apart (but where he had been breathing unmasked when I was not around for two days). Density was high, and I'm sure I cracked my mask to drink from the bottle several times. What worries me is that those times, entry into the body unmasked and potential to have contaminated water, are the surest transmission vectors. I am basically certain that he picked it up Friday, Saturday, or Sunday when he ate out (have to remove the masks, and you're putting things in your mouth that have been breathed on by others). And I already have tons of stress in my life anyway (and it's shortening it I know). To be honest, I've reached the point with all this other stuff, that I don't really care. I mean, I don't want anything to happen, and the odds are on my side, but I also know I have shit luck, and lots of co-morbidities. But I cannot worry about it anymore. After the horrible deaths of my parents, all my cardiac problems, etc..., I have become inured. Seen a lot death, even when I was young. lol, when I was thinking about this earlier tonight got out the pulse ox (to check lung function), thermometer to check for low grade temp, etc..., and found that my heart rate was low. Don't feel keyed up. Would actually like to go shooting, how weird is that? I think it is therapeutic in a way. but no chance of that because my damn knee is acting up. And I am glad to hear those instances you mention 16; they are further data, and data is the key.

While I'm on this bizarre stream of consciousness, I want to say too that my life did not change nearly as drastically as many peoples did with Covid. Where I am in my life now, there was little time to get together or socialize (the kids, my wife, and work dominated; parents dead; no close local friends really even so; the cardiac and other problems), which sounds pretty pathetic now that I think about it. But I focused on other areas, mainly my family and providing for them. The main impact of covid for me was probably a reduction in theatre movies (but not all that much) and eating out. My inlaws once said they thought my family was "too tightly knit" whatever that means. Anyway, I would like to express my thanks to all of the members here for putting up my excentricties and wise ass caustic sense of humor of the past few years. This place, and you people, have been a comfort zone where for a few minutes at a time each day, the cares and pressure of the world can be alleviated, or at least put out of mind. I thank all of you.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #18
Same here.

Masks.

Distancing.

1 person got an "abnormal" result. Though it wasn't positive, she was asked to quarantine for 14 days. Never presented with any symptoms.

No cases of employee transmission.

55 employees.

No masks, at the workbench (we are 9 feet apart). No issues.

Bob
That's what I like to see.

vortecd

4000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
At this point you can't worry about. We all know everyone is different on how they react to it. Hoping the best for you

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Everyone is going to get this at some point. Your employees will recover in no time just like having the flu. At this point I know several people who have had this myself included. It sucks but it is just like having a bad flu. The media is making more of this than it needs to be. I have taken airborne everyday for a couple years now and I still got it. Airborne has Zinc in it.

I'm sure this will affect more people with underlying conditions, but for the most part we will get and get over it. Keep well my friends.