Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Picking up a M6 Hellcat

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #341
I have never had it flushed. #16. The car has 15,106 miles on it, but I do understand fluids. It can be age as break down as much as usage. I am to the understanding today as I was in the 70s that tranny fluid will last for a very long time as long as the system is not opened or contaminated with humidity or water intrusion. I am fixin to change dealer shits as my extended warranty is coming to a close. Then I will change dealers for service. I have had the HC serviced by this dealer before and they are very capable of the jobs handed to them. I will run this by them in Sept if not before. Probably before.
I am not talking about the transmission fluid, I am talking about the brake fluid.

Your clutch hydraulics share the fluid with your brakes, so you just have a brake fluid reservoir that the two systems use. There is not a separate clutch reservoir.

Some people have said that, as the brake fluid has degraded over time, their clutch was affected by it (I.e. not shifting properly and getting slight grinding as if the clutch didn’t disengage fully.)

My 2016 has 22k miles and when I flushed the brake fluid, it looked like sweet tea haha. Ironically I was flushing it into a used sweet tea bottle. This is the same crap your clutch master cylinder is pushing through to your clutch release bearing.

This pic is the actual fluid I flushed out of the clutch hydraulic line, which at one point was pretty new DOT 3 brake fluid.

FEB07719-84DC-4C72-905A-5BEBAA777E5D.jpeg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yepper, I got cha. These fluids do have a time barrier on em, correct? Time and usage are against em. Especially in traffic. Which is my down fall and the heat. I will look at the reservoir and check the color and smell. Burnt fluids are not good.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I am not talking about the transmission fluid, I am talking about the brake fluid.

Your clutch hydraulics share the fluid with your brakes, so you just have a brake fluid reservoir that the two systems use. There is not a separate clutch reservoir.

Some people have said that, as the brake fluid has degraded over time, their clutch was affected by it (I.e. not shifting properly and getting slight grinding as if the clutch didn’t disengage fully.)

My 2016 has 22k miles and when I flushed the brake fluid, it looked like sweet tea haha. Ironically I was flushing it into a used sweet tea bottle. This is the same crap your clutch master cylinder is pushing through to your clutch release bearing.

This pic is the actual fluid I flushed out of the clutch hydraulic line, which at one point was pretty new DOT 3 brake fluid.

View attachment 68749

Yeah, that was in need of a flush. Maybe not for a minivan, but certainly for our cars...