Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Possible bad supercharger bearing?

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Anyone know what this is? Pulled the accessories belt and ran it with only the blower and still squealed. Nothing while idle only happens when accelerating in boost. 2016 challenger HC with 46000 miles, All stock other than LMI. Might park it until I get a chance to take it in to the dealer.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Welcome to the forum. We always appreciate a little introduction and pics of your ride. :)

That said, I'm not hearing the typical bad bearing noise (similar to a bad power steering pump).

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
nope

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I listened to it 5 times...are you talking about the brief bearing squeal once you got on it? Very hard to hear, but doesn't sound like a bad SC bearing to me.

Is this new car to you? My SC bearings make some bearing noise at idle, etc. Google bad SC bearings and you will hear that distinct sound of death.

OP
T
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
yeah the bearing squeal is what im refering to. Ive had the car for about 6 months and it just started a couple days ago.

OP
T
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Finally found another thread with the noise I was hearing after pulling my intake off and still hearing it :confused: turns out it’s a whistle coming from the bypass valve right when I’m going from vacuum to boost. Most people say it’s completely normal and just amplified due to aftermarket intakes but before Sunday I never even heard a faint whistle and now it’s driving me insane.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
You're listening to hard, sounds good to me.