Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Pulsing brakes

Member ID
Reactions
City
MARGATE
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 charger Hellcat
I have noticed this morning when just starting out, as I was completely stopped, I let off the brake just enough to let it creep. As it was creeping it was sort of pulsing and bouncing as I let it roll with my foot on the brake. It seemed to go away after driving it a while, but this is the first time I noticed it. The brake pads are in excellent condition and it is very smooth ( no pulsing when coming to a stop. Any others have had this happen?

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Probably slight pad/rust build up on the rotors from sitting overnight. Did you wash it yesterday or was it raining/humid? I've had them pulse a bit in the morning until a stop or two cleaned them off. I've also had the pads stick to the rotors first thing in the morning after a wash/rain/high humidity. Once or twice they stuck enough I had to give it some gas to break them free.

OP
Tonyacat
Member ID
Reactions
City
MARGATE
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Probably slight pad/rust build up on the rotors from sitting overnight. Did you wash it yesterday or was it raining/humid? I've had them pulse a bit in the morning until a stop or two cleaned them off. I've also had the pads stick to the rotors first thing in the morning after a wash/rain/high humidity. Once or twice they stuck enough I had to give it some gas to break them free.
Yes It was humid and rainy, I just needed confirmation that it was this. I was waiting for a security gate to open and I was creeping along. I am glad to know it wasn't a failing brake part :)