Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Question for the 15" Conversion Racers

Member ID
Reactions
City
webster
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 challenger hellcat
Having come from years of racing a nitrous powered fox body where the launch technique was to launch from idle, flooring the car to let the converter flash to 3400 rpm, which is where the nitrous window switch was set to come on, the "roll into the throttle technique" used by most Hellcat racers using a 17" tire of choice seems very foreign.

Most of the posts I have read in regards to launch technique with 17's,either 305/45 or 315/50, all state to quickly roll into the throttle and not just instantly mash the pedal to the floor. My question is do the 15" conversion guys running ET Street Pro's or slicks still use this roll into throttle technique or do they immediately floor the car letting the converter flash and/or floor the pedal with the car loaded up a little (more forgiving to driveline)?

I would much prefer to set the car up to be able to just mash the gas either from idle or loaded which allows me to concentrate on the light, etc. and not be worrying about how quickly I'm rolling into the throttle. Is this doable on a 15" drag tire in these cars? For reference car is a full weight Challenger Redeye, 3.09, A8, 2.75 upper pulley/stock pinned lower on E85 - 900ish hp.