Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Question regarding nitrous and Hellcat motors

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #21
View attachment 81796

This is the system that is used for "Top Cat" Challenger. the description gives some good info about how NOS is set up.
https://highhorseperformance.com/ni...wk-ram-trx-durango-srt-hellcat-6-2l-00-10158/

Description

Flow Up To 400HP. This system comes out of the box with everything you need to spray 200HP, but can spray up to 400HP with additional jetting.

Superior Atomization. This injection plate has 6 specially designed nitrous and fuel discharge ports that completely saturate the air intake charge with the best atomized mixture possible. For higher horsepower levels proper distribution into the air stream is critical for even cylinder to cylinder distribution.

Wet Nitrous Plate. This system includes a billet aluminum plate to fit the Dodge Hellcat supercharger snout and is capable of flowing up to 400 HP of nitrous. Each billet plate has a black anodized finish with CNC engraved logo and fuel/nitrous labels.

Vehicle Specific. The Nitrous Outlet Vehicle Specific Nitrous system is the safest, best fitting, and most tuner friendly system available.This system is designed specifically for the all new Dodge Hellcat, including an intake specific solenoid bracket, fuel rail adapter for aftermarket fuel rails, and application specific hardware for the best fitment and cleanest install on the market.

Complete System. This system includes all of the necessary components; billet aluminum nitrous plate, 50-100-150-200 HP jetting, hardware, and wiring to properly install a wet nitrous system on your vehicle.

Wide Open Throttle Activation. This system includes a wide open throttle (WOT) switch that only allows the system to be activated when the motor is at full throttle. This safety feature will help prevent engine damage.

Application. This system is specifically designed to fit the 2015+ Dodge Hellcat Supercharger snout and has vehicle specific solenoid brackets.
Flow Up To 400 HP Anodized Billet Aluminum Nitrous Plate 400+HP Solenoids Fuel Rail Adapter E85 Compatible With Different Jetting All Hardware, Electrical, Bracket, and Jetting Included Includes Jetting for 50-100-150-200 HP
Texas State Residents will be charged Sales Tax.
Yep, these guys are in texas (Nitrous Outlet)

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #22
I mean for a 50 shot I wouldn't pull any timing on my own car. But as Linda said above nitrious isn't as simple as opening the bottle.
Nitrous pressure alone I've seen a lot struggle with.
Did you buy a new hellcat you plan on racing?
No, not yet; just thinking and planning ahead.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #23
At the track you need to have a bottle warmer and other knowledge of how to use it. Otherwise your Supercharger will Blow up!
Years and years ago (hmmmm... around 37 now, in the waning days of the carb) there was a guy I saw often at the track who was a complete nut. Had a 60s camaro with high-rise intake and dual carbs (no tunnel or cowl); he bored out the jets and on the first (and only) run after doing so the last 3/4s of the track saw jets of flame leaving the tops of the carbs and blowing back over the roof. He also got drunk and climbed a radio tower once too.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Yep, these guys are in texas (Nitrous Outlet)
I do know that and I have met David Vasser "Nitro Dave" through the MSHS Race series. My husband was really happy to meet him and get expert answers to his questions. Dave worked with many of the Hemi racers to have the better product! He is also one of the sponsors too for the series!

Linda

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
...nitrous isn't as simple as opening the bottle.
DISAGREE! I saw this documentary, called Fast and Furious or something, and it is actually that simple...:p;):ROFLMAO:

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
I haven't posted in a while but thought I'd chime in. I suspect we have put as much N2O through these engines as anyone out there. We have two shop Hellcats that we spray. One consumes a 35lb bottle (15lb of N2O) every 2-3 1/4 mile passes. The other is our street Hellcat with the original factory engine and I am guessing in the area of a 150hp shot. If I can give any advice to the OP is do not try to spray even a 50 shot without pulling at least a small amount of timing or adding race fuel. If you are not going to modify the tune then adding race fuel is the only safe option. These engines love N2O but timing and fueling is critical. Also the installation must be done properly to insure that there is NEVER N2O sprayed with the throttle blade in any position other than WOT.

Our street Hellcat with the original factory engine has more bottles than I can count run through it over the last 5 years. With proper tuning and fueling I expect quite a few more will be emptied as well :)

Just be cautious regardless of which path you choose.

Some eye candy.... Two stage dry system we run on our big tire Hellcat that Micah designed:

N2O.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #27
I haven't posted in a while but thought I'd chime in. I suspect we have put as much N2O through these engines as anyone out there. We have two shop Hellcats that we spray. One consumes a 35lb bottle (15lb of N2O) every 2-3 1/4 mile passes and the other is our street Hellcat with the factory engine and I am guessing in the area of a 150hp shot. If I can give any advise to the OP is do not try to spray even a 50 shot without pulling at least a small amount of timing or adding race fuel. If you are not going to modify the tune then adding race fuel is the only safe option. These engines love N2O but timing and fueling is critical. Also the installation must be done properly to insure that there is NEVER N2O sprayed with the throttle blade in any position other than WOT.

Our street Hellcat with the original factory engine has more bottles than I can count run through it over the last 5 years. With proper tuning and fueling I expect quite a few more will be emptied as well :)

Some eye candy.... Two stage dry system we run on our big tire Hellcat that Micah designed:

View attachment 81854
Nice.... and thanks for the input. Real world is what I'm after.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I haven't posted in a while but thought I'd chime in. I suspect we have put as much N2O through these engines as anyone out there. We have two shop Hellcats that we spray. One consumes a 35lb bottle (15lb of N2O) every 2-3 1/4 mile passes and the other is our street Hellcat with the factory engine and I am guessing in the area of a 150hp shot. If I can give any advise to the OP is do not try to spray even a 50 shot without pulling at least a small amount of timing or adding race fuel. If you are not going to modify the tune then adding race fuel is the only safe option. These engines love N2O but timing and fueling is critical. Also the installation must be done properly to insure that there is NEVER N2O sprayed with the throttle blade in any position other than WOT.

View attachment 81854
So slick…

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
WTF would anybody put nitrous on the Cat?

I can understand if it's strictly a quarter-mile car but on a regular street driven car it just seems idiotic to me. JTOL

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
ostmike, that is bad ass!

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Thanks! Micah does awesome work and the system works flawlessly. 1st stage hits when I release the brake and the second stage is coming in about .4 later. So far, with the smaller jets the car is hooking well but it does have plenty of tire :)

drive_55_not

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincolnton
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellrasin Challenger HellCat
I haven't posted in a while but thought I'd chime in. I suspect we have put as much N2O through these engines as anyone out there. We have two shop Hellcats that we spray. One consumes a 35lb bottle (15lb of N2O) every 2-3 1/4 mile passes. The other is our street Hellcat with the original factory engine and I am guessing in the area of a 150hp shot. If I can give any advice to the OP is do not try to spray even a 50 shot without pulling at least a small amount of timing or adding race fuel. If you are not going to modify the tune then adding race fuel is the only safe option. These engines love N2O but timing and fueling is critical. Also the installation must be done properly to insure that there is NEVER N2O sprayed with the throttle blade in any position other than WOT.

View attachment 81854
I wet myself a little.

Yep, nitrous is more addictive than meth, once you crack that bottle, you ain't never going to close that valve.