Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Quickjack question for the guys in the know

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Considering either the 7000EXT or the 7000SLX, the difference being the ext has an additional 6” of lift length, obviously both are rated at 7k for weight. I’ll use it for other vehicles so I don’t mind the additional lifting capacity. Right now Home Depot is running a special on the SLX 1450.00 for the bundle, which saves about 300 and included extended pucks for suv’s and wall hangers. So the question is go slx for savings or the extra few hundred (300.00 or so) for the fuller length ext? QJ direct is offering 150.00 off the 5000 & 7000 SLX lifts for Fathers Day. Thanks to all.
https://www.homedepot.com/s/quickjack?searchtype=history&NCNI-5

Last edited:

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You can always buy the extensions for the SLX for like $250, right? So if the price difference is $300, get the SLX and then buy the extensions if needed.

The extensions will raise the overall height of the jacks though, so it might be an issue if you have another car that needs the extensions but sits really low.

I bought my SLX from Home Depot as well but I got it around black Friday for somewhere around $500-$600 off, it was a pretty good deal.

Alain

Member ID
Reactions
City
Haskell
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
it's good to have the flexibility to lift cars with a smaller wheel base. Case in point, I can't lift my 2010 VW Jetta with my 7000EXT. Not sure the SLX would work for the VW either, but you get my point.

As mentioned, you do loose some clearance when using the extensions, but, you can always drive the car onto 4 planks of wood prior to setting up the quick jacks to gain some more clearance if need be. This is what I do with my Zl1 1LE and my Shelby with the front two wheels.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point