Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Radford 2 day performance driving

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I just got a certificate from Radford for the 2 day course. It was a perk from doing that Chief Donut Maker thing. I was weighing the cost of flights/hotel/car to see if it was worth doing but sounds like I need to seriously consider it based on some who've attended?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Stop being cheap and go do it:p

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I just got a certificate from Radford for the 2 day course. It was a perk from doing that Chief Donut Maker thing. I was weighing the cost of flights/hotel/car to see if it was worth doing but sounds like I need to seriously consider it based on some who've attended?
Wish I could find the time to attend one of those...back in the day attended a couple of advanced track seminars by Keith Code for motorcycles..the knowledge and experience has lasted a life time...do it man..;);)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Are you going by old feed back, or since it’s under newer ownership, what’s the latest feedback. I haven’t stayed up on it lately. Might not be a bad gig and worth getting fresh input. Just a thought ask the forum for newer thoughts

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Shit, imagine if we could motivate a big group of members to go out there track it up and get together 🤔
kicking myself for not checking it out after buying two cars with the SRT school. If they would throw me a bone I might check it out. Think that ship long since sailed though. As the saying goes, snooze ya loose !

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Shit, imagine if we could motivate a big group of members to go out there track it up and get together 🤔
kicking myself for not checking it out after buying two cars with the SRT school. If they would throw me a bone I might check it out. Think that ship long since sailed though. As the saying goes, snooze ya loose !
I never took advantage of it either..

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #7
The feedback I've been reading is under the Radford name. The certificate they sent me is $3299 so an expensive class if that's the actual price.

In "normal" times it'd be a no brainer but with flights and everything else being nutty expensive I started weighing how many car parts I could buy instead :ROFLMAO:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

1/4mile drag racing = "Oh shit, I might crash my car once..."

10 turn road course = "Oh shit, I might crash my car in this turn, oh shit, I might crash my car in this turn, oh shit, I might crash my car in this turn..."

For 20 minutes straight... :oops:

;)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
This is what I'll say to them when I show up. Hi, my name is Speedy!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
1/4mile drag racing = "Oh shit, I might crash my car once..."

10 turn road course = "Oh shit, I might crash my car in this turn, oh shit, I might crash my car in this turn, oh shit, I might crash my car in this turn..."

For 20 minutes straight... :oops:

;)
All better than the 1/2 hour drive to work on the interstate where...awe fuck this ass hole's textin and he aint gonna stop...happened on the rare occasion where I drive my wifes car...wtf

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Of course, it's their car, so think of the value of the experience but no risk (or wear and tear) to yours.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Wonder if enough folks that didn’t take advantage of the opportunity showed interest they would do something for the group. Heck it could be good PR for them. Speedy could be the ambassador, of course most know that anyway, bring @DGatzby along as top gun track man. Tear the place up & go for some night life, have some of this high quality shine we hear about flown in, get locked up and get jailbreaked out of there. Sounds like a New York Times best seller in the making.

Well just came back down from “are you out of your mind“ experience and decided not that much night life.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I did the 3-day Hellcat course a few years ago while still under Bondurant just a couple months before the shit hit the fan. A lot has changed since then obviously. Was quite pricey, even with the $1,000 discount I was able to use, but was worth every penny and then some - I learned a lot and honed my skills and have a whole new appreciation for road racing and high performance street driving after going in 1/4 mi straight lines for 30+ years. BUT, I will say my opinion largely reflects on the instructor quality, in which I was lucky to have a great one, and I believe he is long gone. Also, the maintenance on the cars was top notch.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #14
According to their website the instructors have been there several years so presumably the same team.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
@Speedy!

Do it, I think this is one of those times where dollars spent and value gained aren't (and would never be) inline with each other...

(That's the mentality I had to take for Challengerfest...)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Book airline and hotel accommodation way in advance to keep price in check, shop all package deals, it certainly would cross something off the wish list, and to have that time and actual experience to carry forever with you especially for a purist would be worth it. When I get my Colorado home built it’s almost a given being so close provided the school still puts out quality experience.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Wow just thought what if they came out with a holo car, Hellaphant with SRT driving school Included, Prices of shit came down to pre Biden/pre Pandemic. Everything was easy to source and acquire. Then I woke up and realized it was just a wet dream. 😡

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
The feedback I've been reading is under the Radford name. The certificate they sent me is $3299 so an expensive class if that's the actual price.

In "normal" times it'd be a no brainer but with flights and everything else being nutty expensive I started weighing how many car parts I could buy instead :ROFLMAO:
I vote to give it a shot.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
@Speedy!, I did the 2 day performanc driving class. I found it challenging and a blast. I would do it. The instructors were great and even took my kids around the track and drifted with them.

20211009_135037.jpg
20211009_071837.jpg
20211009_075405.jpg
20211009_075318.jpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wonder if enough folks that didn’t take advantage of the opportunity showed interest they would do something for the group. Heck it could be good PR for them. Speedy could be the ambassador, of course most know that anyway, bring @DGatzby along as top gun track man. Tear the place up & go for some night life, have some of this high quality shine we hear about flown in, get locked up and get jailbreaked out of there. Sounds like a New York Times best seller in the making.

Well just came back down from “are you out of your mind“ experience and decided not that much night life.
Sounds like a plan...my soon to be brother in law is a sitting Federal judge...(yeah he's a liberal)..but owes me a ton of favors...I know as long as we don't kill anybody..I can get more than a few of us off the hook...:p:p:p